Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land enquiry - unable to find owner

Options
  • 04-04-2016 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I was browsing the landdirend.ie website lately and saw a nice area where I would love to buy the land. after getting the folio from the website, I found out it was registered to a solicitor in the 70s. I could not find them anymore though and I assume they are not anymore in business (they most likely sold it to someone else).

Would anyone know what is the best way to find out who I could contact to have at least a small chance of giving an offer or discussing in some way with the owner of the land as it's not used in any way since years.

Thanks for anyone helping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I would try asking another solicitor located near the one originally mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Immaculata

Is it possible for you to visit the site you're interested in and talk to the neighbours, or post carrier? Also I would visit the nearest bank and ask the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 AidanMike

Thanks for both replies. I plan to ask a solicitor at some point this week to see what they could do.

The land don't have direct neighbours, except some newly build houses (so nothing predating the 70s).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Any chance of a link to the land in question, or the name of the solicitor? I'm guessing, however, that someone who built one of the new houses owns the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Jen44

Found out when buying my house that the land is owned by a farmer, turns out he owns my parents house land also !! We can buy it back cheaply enough but apparently these ground leases are fairly common around dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement