Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant email notification only occassionly working

Options
  • 04-04-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi,

I am following a thread and chose the instant email notification, only the emails I receive are not instant. An odd time they come in but when they do they are usually a few hours / days old. But more often then not I do not receive any notification.

I wouldn't mind but the thread is in relation to gambling and late notifications are useless or money-saving (depending up the advice given !! )

The only way I have to ensure I get the advice on time is to have the thread open on my browser and hit re-fresh.

I use a yahoo email address and the emails I eventually receive go into my inbox and not the spam folder.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭VUDuo2

Anyone ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

Apologies for the untimely delay in replying.

In my experience, Yahoo e-mail is usually unreliable if you're waiting around for something important. Would you be able to create a test gmail account just so we'll be able to eliminate it being a Yahoo issue?

Thanks,

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement