Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth buying expensive trampolines?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

This might not be the appropriate forum. I've been trying to research garden trampolines for kids (around a 10ft option). There seems to be a huge difference in price between what Smyths / Argos offers (around €200) or the high-end TP / Berg trampolines. I want the safest / nicest / longest lasting option at the best price but the Berg / Trampoline ones are all €500/600. Are they really worth the extra €300/400? Any tips / feedback greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got an 8 foot in Argos last year. Can't remember the price but it wasn't a premium brand.

They are outside , exposed to the elements. They last as long as they last(IMO)

I wouldn't waste the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

I agree with tatranska, we bought one from Argos - cant remember the brand etc but it is (was) a large size.

The Winter storms in 2013 & 2014 were fine but this past 6 months buckled the frame and its now awaiting a passing welder to come in and fix it.

My advice would be to buy the standard size and if you can dig a hole so that the trampoline is level with the ground and secure it - it might last longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

My smyths trampoline is ten years old and still going strong. I've had to replace the padding once and will be replacing the netting this year. Smyths sell replacements at reasonable prices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭animha

Thanks a mill. Wonder how deep you would need to dig for an inground one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Yea our smyths one is out there still going strong 10 years on too. had to get a bit welded too after it went for a walkabout during the storms :D now I take the netting and bouncy bit off for the winter, but has to be said dosn't owe a penny with all the use and abuse its had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

animha wrote: »
    Thanks a mill. Wonder how deep you would need to dig for an inground one.

Measure the height of the bouncy bit from the ground and wonder no more!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Berg is an excellent quality and their inground products are best in class. One needs to be very careful and follow the manufacturer's installation guidelines. Inground types are much easier to install (less ground digging but still 80cm for a 3.6m - 4.0m diameter. Also recommend including safety nets.

One big advantage inground types have others, no retaining blockwork required.

Advertisement