Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make friends in Cork city

Options
  • 04-04-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello people.

I am a Spaniard who has been living in Cork for a good while and although I have had friends come and go (back to Spain) I have realized I am currently 'friendless', all of my acquaintances I know through my boyfriend and at the end of the day they are his friends, not mine.

So basically I was wondering, how do you people make new friends? I mean all I can see are sites where you'd have to create a profile where you'd have to post pictures of yourself being cute and interesting and that sort of thing all to end up having an awkward time meeting someone for coffee and realizing you have nothing to talk about even though they also listed 'Taytos' on their interests.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Try meetup.com, you'd be meeting up with a group of people then, and hopefully a group with some common interests, so it should be a lot less awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

try Cork hillwalkers hiking club

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Frogsie wrote: »
    Hello people.

I am a Spaniard who has been living in Cork for a good while and although I have had friends come and go (back to Spain) I have realized I am currently 'friendless', all of my acquaintances I know through my boyfriend and at the end of the day they are his friends, not mine.

So basically I was wondering, how do you people make new friends? I mean all I can see are sites where you'd have to create a profile where you'd have to post pictures of yourself being cute and interesting and that sort of thing all to end up having an awkward time meeting someone for coffee and realizing you have nothing to talk about even though they also listed 'Taytos' on their interests.

Any suggestions?
    Add your reply here.

Hey, sorry. Only spotted this now! I understand myself it can be tough moving to a new city and trying to get out and make new friends!
    There is a group that used to advertise on here months ago called Cork City Macra who sound like they could be what you're looking for. I went out on a few nights out with them a while back and I had a great night out both times! I haven't had the time to make any nights out recently but I have a friend who goes to a lot of their nights so I'm sure they are still running! You could probably find them on Facebook if you really wanted too, and I know they used to meet on the first Thursday of every month in the flying enterprise! Sorry I can't be any more help. PM me if you have any queries and I'll ask a friend for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

I moved from dublin to cork and joined a macra club near the city . Best thing I ever did. I met some people from cork city macra recently and they we're very nice. One girl was French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Lots of groups in Cork if you look at the www.meetup.com website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Volunteering, if you have time, with a charity or a club is a good way to get to know people as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

I was your best friend until you mentioned boyfriend.

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

There is also a girlcrew cork group on facebook

Advertisement