Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi8 Camcorder dilemma

• 04-04-2016 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have started converting my Hi8 tapes using my old Sony (TR2000) camcorder connected to a Sony gx210 DVD recorder.

Unfortunately my Camcorder will not rewind so I am restricted to play and fast-forward.

Could anybody rent/loan me a Hi8 camcorder for a few days so I could rewind my tapes whilst doing my conversions.

I would gladly loan anybody my DVD rewriter if they need to perform the same conversions.

I am based near Stillorgan/Blackrock.

Please help .
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

if all else fails

"You may not need to open the cassette if all you want to do is manually advance or rewind the tape a bit.

On the bottom of the cassette, centered at the label edge is a rectangular slot (about 4x7mm). In that6 That slot is a small tab that when pushed to the rear unlocks the reels and you can manually turn them.

If that tab is missing or broken the reels may remain locked and a replacement or repaired case is likely in order. Keep in mind that 8mm tape is not as physically forgiving as VHS. "

Taken from --> http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/video-capture/5852-hi8-tape-stuck.html#ixzz44qlQba7O

Might be a pain but will get you going

• Registered Users Posts: 19 brosmi

Thanks for the reply.

I had looked at doing it manually but internet suggested the tension on the tapes might get messed up and unfortunately most of my tapes need a full rewind which would likely take a long time doing it manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

brosmi wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I had looked at doing it manually but internet suggested the tension on the tapes might get messed up and unfortunately most of my tapes need a full rewind which would likely take a long time doing it manually.

:) though that might be the problem but posted just in case Hope you get the loan of one which would be the easiest for you

Advertisement