Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging cheque on behalf of someone else?

• 04-04-2016 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Just a quick query

A friend of mine gets an annual UK STG cheque. Normally he just lodges it with PTSB and the they take care of it.

He is currently outside the state and wants me to lodge it for him. I has his IBAN and all that jazz. Cheque is made out to the account holder.

Possible or not? Only looking to do the the chap a turn.

Should be fine, once the name on cheque matches name on the account. I've lodged cheques before in PTSB for a family member.

YMMV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It doesn't matter who makes the lodgement as long as it doesn't involve a partial encashment of the cheque. If you want a receipt and you're lodging a cheque only (no cash in or out), the official at the information desk will usually take a lodgement and stamp the stub for you so you don't have to queue for a cashier.

Advertisement