Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from receiver?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

Ok finally think after a number of months I will get sale agreed on property, I am buying from receiver and to get to sale agreed has taken since last November.

I was going to get a Surveyor but I was wondering if they actually do find anything can you ask the receiver to fix? or is it buy as you see?

Also there is shed at back full of crap from previous owners, can you request for them to clear it out?

Just wondering is it as simple as buy as you see and off you go? The main thing I want to check is the heating is firing up etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

I have been sale agreed on a few repo sales since June last year, each one fell through after I paid out for surveyors, solicitor etc. One was put to auction after 6 months of EA telling me I was the only recent interested party but there was also planning issues when got the legal pack, another was sold as seen mixed use but the legals were a shambles and no actual deeds existed - but they did clear the garages before putting to sale. The last one got pulled from sale after being on the market for over 3 years.
    Totally fed up and now only considering private vendor sales but the process is painfully slow.
    As a rule the receivers aren't going to put any money out as it is their remit to get as much as they can and have no reason to make your life easier.
    Is the ESB still connected as it needs certifying if off for a period of time and if it is an older property or renovation it can be a potential rewire.
    I would recommend a surveyor, it might seem like money wasted if you don't buy but it could save you an expensive mistake in the long run.

Advertisement