Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT- Missing V5C Form

• 04-04-2016 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Long story short - I went to VRT my car today (Its been in the country since March 10th).

I learnt at the NCT center that I am missing half of the UK V5C registration form and so it could not be registered.

In acting on the advice given to me by the NCT centre staff, I contacted the DVLA office in Swansea UK and completed all of the steps necessary for them to send me a full registration form.However this will take 4-6 weeks.

I will not receive this form needed to complete the Ireland registration on time before the 30 day limit. (10th April)

I have now learnt that the revenue 'Will charge interest from 10/03/2016 on the Open Market Price of the vehicle @ 0.1% per day.'

Is there anyway of speeding this up to avoid the fine?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Other than contacting Swansea and asking them if they can expedite the paperwork process there is not much more you can do. Some people have been lucky and got the V5C quicker than 4 weeks so you may get lucky.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Harcrid wrote: »
    Other than contacting Swansea and asking them if they can expedite the paperwork process there is not much more you can do. Some people have been lucky and got the V5C quicker than 4 weeks so you may get lucky.

My cousin got it within 2 weeks last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__Robinhood__

I've since asked for an exception to the fine, basing my reason on an honest mistake.
    Response from the revenue:

'If NCT have agreed to extend the registration period to 14/05/2016,
    I have no objection to this' - No fine

Do the NCT lads have that power?! To decide who has to pay a fine and who don't?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Grueller

Without going into the specific details I have ended up in this situation. Is there anyone I can contact to plead my case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Grueller wrote: »
    Without going into the specific details I have ended up in this situation. Is there anyone I can contact to plead my case?

The last registered keeper on the V5 would be the first step to see if they can have it reissued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

the DVLA wont issue you with a V5C to an Irish address afaik. Ask for a Cert of Export which is an acceptable doct to the NCTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

You could take a day trip to wales with the car and that should technically reset the 30 days. Just keep all your tickets etc. I've seen it done before and it worked fine.

Advertisement