Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 30kw 6kva Leaf

• 04-04-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

Just a thread of my newbie experiences

I'm seriously impressed at the fast charge ability 20% to 93% in a time to order a tuna sandwich and eat it ( and post two boards posts ) :D

Awesome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,485 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How long does it take you to order and eat a tuna sandwich :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How long does it take you to order and eat a tuna sandwich :)

I'm guessing 25 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I'm guessing 25 minutes

20 plus anyways , I wasn't counting , battery temp claimed from 6 to 7 bars, which doesnt reduce while driving, will be interesting to see the effect of lots of continuos driving and 2 FCP session Im doing at the weekend

Yeah the fast charging capability I would like but it wasn't worth upgrading for atm.

This is why I say a 5 min top up for your wife if she is concerned about range on the way home, because it charges faster. it might also allow her to put the boot down a bit more, but is 5 mins of stopping worth a 5-10 men benefit in driving faster ?

The heat is of concern, Nissan should have learned from past experiences. Time will tell whether it degrades faster than the current Gen 24 Kwh.

A single bar on top of ambient is of no concern , even two bars or ( 7,8)
    So two big FCP sessions with continuous driving is entirely practical without excessive temps. Li is better slightly warm anyway.

I see no cause for concern at present

• Advertisement

look up 7-8 battery bars on the leaf and see the temp range ! :D

look up 7-8 battery bars on the leaf and see the temp range ! :D

The wiki suggests 7 bars is anywhere between 27 and 40 degrees C. That's fine for Li , even 8 bars is fine

Also the methodology suggests it's very crude measurements

What I mean by ambient is the steady state inside the battery after a rest of a few hours. This seems typically to be 5 or 6 hence a rise of a couple of degrees is of little concern

You need leafspy to see the tmeps. the battery temp bar display on the leaf is useless.

Speaking of range, I find it odd at times , today I drove a pretty normal 100-120 kms and and over took a few cars for 64 kms and averages 17.9 kwh/100 kms and estimated I had 65 kms remaining 49% battery. Yesterday I got up with 39% probably because of the rain.

120 kms is good at that speed, though I'd want to be pretty close to a charger. No big deal for a 130-135 km commute, boot to the floor with work charging, half my commute for free, brilliant !

Probably because ti was dry and calm, it does help and a tail wind but sometimes you'd think speed would have a greater impact.

You need leafspy to see the tmeps. the battery temp bar display on the leaf is useless.

Speaking of range, I find it odd at times , today I drove a pretty normal 100-120 kms and and over took a few cars for 64 kms and averages 17.9 kwh/100 kms and estimated I had 65 kms remaining 49% battery. Yesterday I got up with 39% probably because of the rain.

120 kms is good at that speed, though I'd want to be pretty close to a charger. No big deal for a 130-135 km commute, boot to the floor with work charging, half my commute for free, brilliant !

Probably because ti was dry and calm, it does help and a tail wind but sometimes you'd think speed would have a greater impact.

I have leafspy pro, just have to connect it up

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feichin

I did a long haul @ easter from Cork to Drogheda, fast charged from 10 > 90% at Cashel, something similar at J14 and a "top up" to approx 60% at the airport.
    The temp was just 1 bar below the red all the way from Cashel. I was concerned, but didn't really know what it meant or what to do about it!!!!

• Advertisement

feichin wrote: »
    I did a long haul @ easter from Cork to Drogheda, fast charged from 10 > 90% at Cashel, something similar at J14 and a "top up" to approx 60% at the airport.
    The temp was just 1 bar below the red all the way from Cashel. I was concerned, but didn't really know what it meant or what to do about it!!!!

Im not sure without as mad lad said , using a leaf spy that the tempo gauge is at all representative . Ive seen it claimed that its in fact a model of the temp rather then actually measuring it

it seems counter intuitive that it doesn't slowly cool down during a drive to the normal quiescent position.

1 bar below red is roasting, and surely your fast charge power would have been seriously limited.

Do you have the 30 Kwh battery ?

Ideally batteries are most comfortable at 20 deg C and any temps prolonged over this reduces life even if you never drove the car. However going 50 deg C and over regularly would not be ideal .

There could be something about the 30 Kwh battery we don't know about but I would be very cautious getting the battery this hot, and I would not charge it until it got to around 5 bars again and I would not leave it above about 50% charge if it's this hot.

Nissan do make recommendations about charging a hot battery in the manual.

I guess the best place to search is on the U.S mynissanleaf.com forum , In the Autumn we should know if the battery is starting to degrade by then after a good roasting in the hot climates.

I think if I was buying any EV to keep then then I'd be limiting fast charging or buying an EV with that has thermal management of it's battery.

1 bar below red is roasting, and surely your fast charge power would have been seriously limited.

Do you have the 30 Kwh battery ?

Ideally batteries are most comfortable at 20 deg C and any temps prolonged over this reduces life even if you never drove the car. However going 50 deg C and over regularly would not be ideal .

There could be something about the 30 Kwh battery we don't know about but I would be very cautious getting the battery this hot, and I would not charge it until it got to around 5 bars again and I would not leave it above about 50% charge if it's this hot.

Nissan do make recommendations about charging a hot battery in the manual.

I guess the best place to search is on the U.S mynissanleaf.com forum , In the Autumn we should know if the battery is starting to degrade by then after a good roasting in the hot climates.

I think if I was buying any EV to keep then then I'd be limiting fast charging or buying an EV with that has thermal management of it's battery.

mad_lad you are basing this in hard facts or supposition ??

the fact is Ive not seen the gauge " cool" down until you switch the car off, so I dont know what that battery meter is saying

at the end of the day the car has to be used and if that means consecutive FCPs, thats has to be done.

I suppose GM, BMW, Tesla etc cool their battery cells for fun ?

Yeah I agree if you need to give the battery a good roasting and can't avoid it then be done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Is there a battery cooling radiator mechanism in the car or are they sealed away?

No the leaf has no form of cooling what so ever for the battery and most of the time it's not an issue in our climate unless someone is fast charging a lot over long distance.

The 30 Kwh battery seems to be heating up a fair bot more but whether this is an issue can't be determined just yet until data comes in.

Well given what I read on myNissanLeaf , the lizard battery hasn't proven to be much better in regards temp degradation , it can be assumed the 30 kw isn't going to be any better

Nissan may live to regret making it faster on the FCPs !!

I also notice that there is considerable talk that babying the battery just means you end up with a poor battery outside warranty. !!

Drive and charge it like you stole it seems to their advice !!! ( and claim warranty of course )

Tracking the car as the wife drives along the m11, she's not impressed !!!!

BoatMad wrote: »
    Well given what I read on myNissanLeaf , the lizard battery hasn't proven to be much better in regards temp degradation , it can be assumed the 30 kw isn't going to be any better

Nissan may live to regret making it faster on the FCPs !!

I also notice that there is considerable talk that babying the battery just means you end up with a poor battery outside warranty. !!

Drive and charge it like you stole it seems to their advice !!! ( and claim warranty of course )

I'd agree for hot climates but not for ours, the abuse would take too long to degrade the battery enough to be able to make a claim. And if you make a claim you can be sure they will look at the abuse and you could very well void your warranty, excessive fast charges and charging hot batteries are all in the manual as well as trying to deliberately abuse the battery !!!!

The Leaf isn't for everyone so why would you buy a car for someone who hadn't drive it the expected route in the first place ?

I know it would certainly suit my 130-135 km commute perfectly !

I don't see the big deal if she has to stop for 5 mins on the way home, there is a QC on route !

Seriously, 28 Kwh for 135 kms should be plenty !

This is my consumption and I drive hard enough. 100-120 kph

Friday I drove 133.5 Kms used 25.7 Kwh.

Saturday 130.3 Kms and used 26.3 Kwh

Sunday 130.3 and used 25.9 Kwh

Tuesday March 2nd drove 137.3 kms and used 28.7 Kwh,

Tuesday 9th Feb 135 kms 28.9 Kwh

Wednesday 130.3 kms 25.1 Kwh

It would be interesting to know what work will charge her, still a lot cheaper than diesel. I would just top up for 5 mins on the way home, the extra few Kwh might keep your Wife happier and for now it's free.

• Advertisement

The Leaf isn't for everyone so why would you buy a car for someone who hadn't drive it the expected route in the first place ?

I know it would certainly suit my 130-135 km commute perfectly !

I don't see the big deal if she has to stop for 5 mins on the way home, there is a QC on route !

Seriously, 28 Kwh for 135 kms should be plenty !

This is my consumption and I drive hard enough. 100-120 kph

Friday I drove 133.5 Kms used 25.7 Kwh.

Saturday 130.3 Kms and used 26.3 Kwh

Sunday 130.3 and used 25.9 Kwh

Tuesday March 2nd drove 137.3 kms and used 28.7 Kwh,

Tuesday 9th Feb 135 kms 28.9 Kwh

Wednesday 130.3 kms 25.1 Kwh

It would be interesting to know what work will charge her, still a lot cheaper than diesel. I would just top up for 5 mins on the way home, the extra few Kwh might keep your Wife happier and for now it's free.

My tracking comment was scarasm , by using the cars GPS feedback to see where she was. She wasn't " impressed " note the quotes

Given we have 1000km up in 6 days I think mad lad we can manage -thanks

We have no issue with the commute thanks too

You need to lighten up there bud. I would suggest given my background , I know " exactly " how all this technology works and the issues surrounding it

Thanks again

Ps : a series or two and studying sheldon copper will demonstrate how to recognise sarcasm :D

My tracking comment was scarasm , by using the cars GPS feedback to see where she was. She wasn't " impressed " note the quotes

Given we have 1000km up in 6 days I think mad lad we can manage -thanks

We have no issue with the commute thanks too

You need to lighten up there bud. I would suggest given my background , I know " exactly " how all this technology works and the issues surrounding it

Thanks again

Ps : a series or two and studying sheldon copper will demonstrate how to recognise sarcasm :D

Well after 72 hrs of shifts, 3 days and 3 nights along with a 2 hr drive each way I don't think I could recognise a lot of things, don't know how I manage to drive home sometimes.

Your manner never ceases to amaze me, but hey it says a lot more about you.

Well after 72 hrs of shifts, 3 days and 3 nights along with a 2 hr drive each way I don't think I could recognise a lot of things, don't know how I manage to drive home sometimes.

Your manner never ceases to amaze me, but hey it says a lot more about you.

I wrote a two liner , mostly a facetious remark , that I thought was funny about " tracking my wife"

you turned into a multi line criticism of my decision to buy a leaf and criticised my wife for not driving the" route".

really , and you wonder why I might have got a little annoyed ....

if you are working 72 hour shifts, your employer in seriously breaking the EU working time directive ....

however I am magnanimous, lets leave that particular matter drop

Working 72 hrs is far from illegal, the work week is Sunday to Sunday and we get 24 hrs in the transition from the first 3 days to the 3 nights. Fully legal the + is the week off.

Well I realise we have two clashing personalities, so peace !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is the telemetry different in MY16 that allows you to see the cars current GPS location?

I dont see any options in You+Nissan or NissanConnectEV app to see the cars current location in MY15.

Also, I setup a You+Nissan account and a CarWings account and I use the NissanConnectEV app on iPhone. When I go to nissan.ie and go to NissanConnect link on the top right there are two buttons to select.... NissanConnect and Nissan CarWings.... what is the difference between the two? Can you use both or is it dependent on the age of the LEAF you have?

Its all a bit confusing considering the car has buttons for CarWings but the NissanConnectEV app is what I use on the phone?

Can anyone clarify?

KCross wrote: »
    Is the telemetry different in MY16 that allows you to see the cars current GPS location?

I dont see any options in You+Nissan or NissanConnectEV app to see the cars current location in MY15.

Also, I setup a You+Nissan account and a CarWings account and I use the NissanConnectEV app on iPhone. When I go to nissan.ie and go to NissanConnect link on the top right there are two buttons to select.... NissanConnect and Nissan CarWings.... what is the difference between the two? Can you use both or is it dependent on the age of the LEAF you have?

Its all a bit confusing considering the car has buttons for CarWings but the NissanConnectEV app is what I use on the phone?

Can anyone clarify?

I can only use nissanconnectEV with the MY2016 30Kw. NCEV seems to be missing features that were in Carwings

Th telemetry on my car , provides for GPS location updates anytime I request it from the app. Its not a real time continuous update, but I can see the car as it progresses by repeatedly requesting location updates

I can only use nissanconnectEV with the MY2016 30Kw. NCEV seems to be missing features that were in Carwings

Th telemetry on my car , provides for GPS location updates anytime I request it from the app. Its not a real time continuous update, but I can see the car as it progresses by repeatedly requesting location updates

Im confused. Im using the NissanConnect EV app also and I dont see a location section. Where in the app do you see it?

Maybe you get a different interface when it senses you have a MY16 car or something?

Im confused. Im using the NissanConnect EV app also and I dont see a location section. Where in the app do you see it?

Maybe you get a different interface when it senses you have a MY16 car or something?

383341.jpg

That interface looks the same as mine except for that icon. My icon has two SatNav waypoint bubbles with "A" and "B" in them which takes you out of the app into a browser to a route planner.

Maybe I've an old version of the app? I'm using v3.0.5 on iPhone and I only downloaded it a week or two ago after they resolved that security issue.

Is your version different?

• Advertisement

That interface looks the same as mine except for that icon. My icon has two SatNav waypoint bubbles with "A" and "B" in them which takes you out of the app into a browser to a route planner.

Maybe I've an old version of the app? I'm using v3.0.5 on iPhone and I only downloaded it a week or two ago after they resolved that security issue.

Is your version different?

yep same version 3.0.5

yep same version 3.0.5

That's weird. Maybe it changes depending on what version of the car you have. Maybe that's just for MY16?

What do other owners see in their app in that icon? Do you have a route planner or a locator?

well 2.5 weeks and 3600km later :eek:

couple of observations on my 30KW MY2016

* on mainly motorway based driving 100kmph , and virtual exclusively in the M11 and M50, I now know that the car has a comfortable range of 110-120KM, leaving about 20-30km remaining . The GOM is quite accurately the end , The hills south of greystones ( climb to Wicklow, climb to Arklow, and the climb from the Avoca river up) take their toll quite noticeably, and the GOM tends to jump all over the place

So for motorway purposes I now always plan on 100-110 km max range

* Back roads at 80km and below, its range is around 140km with 20-30km remaining , around Dublin , the thing can go for days without recharging

* Its a quick car, as it can pull away at 100kmph to 140kmph very quick , usually catching any tailgater in an ICE by surprise, usually because they are in the wrong gear to accelerate . Have blown away quite a few " boy racers " that like to " hassle my tail " :)

* The driving environment is superb, good cabin temperature maintenance with both heat and AC on continuously ( which really has no material effect on range ). despite some comments here, I drive around in t-shirts and the cabin is pleasantly warm and maintained so.

* The cold pack is very very nice

* Both SWMBO and I like the satnav , we use it for every journey , known or not.

* I set up the destination jingles for popular home and work spots ( she's complaining there no deep sigh sound on arrival at work !!!!)

while its looks like we will have a lot if mileage on this car, right now the fuel savings of two cars are actually more then covering the monthly costs of the PCP + home electricity

Finding yourself driving a lot more int he Leaf is pretty common, the more people get comfortable with it the more they want to drive it and leaf the ancient ICE tech sitting on the drive.

It's funny, I would have said 110 km in the 24 Kwh @100 kph to be close to a charge point, depends on how comfortable you are getting it lower.

20-30 kms is pretty decent range left after 110 kms. And of course the 30 kwh charges faster so all out range isn't quiet as important if 20 mins on a QC gets you a decent bit of range.

There might be differences in the climate control between the 2014-15's to the 16's but I never found the climate control to be bad for heat apart from AC in warm weather but I may have had it in Eco, Eco definitely limits heat. Using it manually is perfectly cool , I must see if we have warm weather this year the difference in Eco and normal. I discovered later that you actually have to turn the climate control off completely after turning Eco off for it to reset, might be different in the 16's.

I find in the current 24 Kwh model that at 30% charge you got approximately 7% extra that the Leaf doesn't tell you about, the trick is that when you get to low battery warning to drive the car gently because if you hammer the throttle the weaker cells voltage will drop faster and the % indicator could actually loose that extra 7% very quickly and if you have leaf spy you will see some cells drop more than others right before your eyes when you hit the throttle.

It's the same story when you hit 10% you will have 17% actually left. That's enough to get 15-20 kms 80-90 kph. But as I said hit that throttle and the weaker cells will drop faster and take longer to recover and longer for the BMS to adjust that if you continue to drive harder that last 17% will drop very very fast indeed, but if you drive easy you will have this capacity left on level ground, hills could be a lot trickier with a low charge.

The 30 Kwh could be different of course.

I don't think the dealer will care about having an extra 30,000 kms on the car after 3 years, I get 25,000 kms a year for 75,000 end of year 3 and if I have 90,000 and they want me to get a new car I doubt very much they will care.

However trying to be sneaky and getting PCP for 7,000 kms a year and doing 30,000 will make a pretty big difference because depreciation will be a lot more between 14,000 kms and 90,000 where as between 75,000 and 90,000 isn't going to effect depreciation much at all.

However trying to be sneaky and getting PCP for 7,000 kms a year and doing 30,000 will make a pretty big difference because depreciation will be a lot more between 14,000 kms and 90,000 where as between 75,000 and 90,000 isn't going to effect depreciation much at all.

The PCP mileage is only relevant if you want to walk away. Since thats really stupid, the PCP mileage is irrelevant, The car will be worth whatever the open market trade value is . that will be either above or below the GMFV , just as in any other trade in you may have too put money with the trade in , or not as the case may be

The PCP mileage is only relevant if you want to walk away. Since thats really stupid, the PCP mileage is irrelevant, The car will be worth whatever the open market trade value is . that will be either above or below the GMFV , just as in any other trade in you may have too put money with the trade in , or not as the case may be

Yeah but a car with 14 K Kms will be worth a lot more than a car with 90,000 kms, so you'd end up paying the hit on the depreciation.

All I was saying is that you got 30K kms a year didn't you ? and I got 25,000 so if I have an extra 15,000 it won't matter much same with you is you have 105,000 kms from 90,000 not going to be a problem.

The dealer will only up the 2nd hand price of the car to make back any loss if any.

• Advertisement

Yeah but a car with 14 K Kms will be worth a lot more than a car with 90,000 kms, so you'd end up paying the hit on the depreciation.

All I was saying is that you got 30K kms a year didn't you ? and I got 25,000 so if I have an extra 15,000 it won't matter much same with you is you have 105,000 kms from 90,000 not going to be a problem.

The dealer will only up the 2nd hand price of the car to make back any loss if any.

I dont follow , it really doesnt matter whether you have a 7K a year pcp or a 27K pcp mileage, there is only one scenario where it counts, i.e. where you hand back the keys and walk away.

in all the rest , at the end of three years the car is worth what the car is worth ,

what you know is that if you are within the pcp mileage then you can be assured you will " get " the GMFV, but thats not relevant when trading on

if I have 100,000km on the car it doesnt matter whether I have a 7k pcp or a 27K pcp, the car will be worth whatever commercially its worth

dont understand this comment . The dealer ( or any dealer ) will offer you a commercial valuation on a trade in . Like all trade ins, he will trade new car discount against what he offers in the value of the trade in . a leaf on a PCP is no difference
    so you'd end up paying the hit on the depreciation.

there is no "hit" on the depreciation , there is just the " depreciation "

The difference comes out of the GFMV so the mileage after a certain point will matter because the car as you say will be worth the market value but that value is also dependent on the mileage.

So if the original GFMV is lets say, 18,000 and the car is worth 9,000 then you have to pay the 9,000 on top of deposit for the other car.

Normally anything below the GFMV is Nissan's problem if the car devalues a lot but that's with the agreed mileage not if you clock up 80,000 more kms. And condition of the car matters also.

All I was saying is that the next garage will most likely allow some kms over but 80,000 odd would be taking the Mick.

The difference comes out of the GFMV so the mileage after a certain point will matter because the car as you say will be worth the market value but that value is also dependent on the mileage.

So if the original GFMV is lets say, 18,000 and the car is worth 9,000 then you have to pay the 9,000 on top of deposit for the other car.

yes, but thats the same no matter what the PCP milage is

yes, but thats the same no matter what the PCP milage is

Yeah but I was just making the point to anyone else reading that they shouldn't be tempted to go with a really low mileage PCP if they intend to do 30,000 , when they read that mileage doesn't matter, mileage won't matter for most cases but it will at some point if you go mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭yqtwqxqm

I did a journey over the weekend that ive been waiting to do since we got the leaf.
    It was from my house to friends which is a total distance of 150km with 145Km motorway and N roads.
    There were a couple of chargers en route just in case, though it became obvious half way that we would make it without a problem.
    We left with a 100% charge and travelled exactly 110kph, virtually no variations apart from the odd speed up at the merging roads and a little bit of traffic slowed us down to 90kph for a few mins at one point, using the CC all the way apart from the 5km off the N road.
    Got down there with 8% remaining.

Then the next day we left to go home with 100% again and got home with 10% remaining again. CC set the same and not much variation either.

We used no ac or heating on the way down.
    On the way back it rained for a bit and was cold so we had the heating on 20C for about 25 mins in total.

Was pleasantly surprised and very happy to bypass the fcps as the worst thing by far about the leaf is when you get caught in a queue at an fcp. One day last week i had to wait over an hour to be charged and the poor guy after me was waiting another 20 mins for me. There were 4 leafs waiting at it at one point. Most ive ever seen at once.

I think i would be confident if i went a slightly slower id comfortably get 150Km out of a full charge.

• Advertisement

Yeah but I was just making the point to anyone else reading that they shouldn't be tempted to go with a really low mileage PCP if they intend to do 30,000 , when they read that mileage doesn't matter, mileage won't matter for most cases but it will at some point if you go mental.

its doesnt matter ,

scenaria (a) 7K PCP
    if you have a 7K pcp mileage then the GMFV will be higher, and you'll come in a good bit lower then the GMFV on trade in

scenario ( B) 20K PCP
    but thats the same as a 20K allowance and a lower GMFV, all that has happened is you have financed the difference in GFMV at PCP rates over the three years , whereas in (a) you'll have paid less per month , but have to dip into you pocket at the end to make up the difference

The only place it makes a difference is the walk away, where you will be hit by the penal PCP mileage penalty rates and find the walk away cost is many thousands HIGHER then zero . ( zero being the walk away costs if within the PCP mileage range)

I have argued that with 7% interest plus, you much better off, coming in under the GMFV and putting your money up at the end of three years then financing that money at 7%

yqtwqxqm wrote: »
    I did a journey over the weekend that ive been waiting to do since we got the leaf.
    It was from my house to friends which is a total distance of 150km with 145Km motorway and N roads.
    There were a couple of chargers en route just in case, though it became obvious half way that we would make it without a problem.
    We left with a 100% charge and travelled exactly 110kph, virtually no variations apart from the odd speed up at the merging roads and a little bit of traffic slowed us down to 90kph for a few mins at one point, using the CC all the way apart from the 5km off the N road.
    Got down there with 8% remaining.

Then the next day we left to go home with 100% again and got home with 10% remaining again. CC set the same and not much variation either.

We used no ac or heating on the way down.
    On the way back it rained for a bit and was cold so we had the heating on 20C for about 25 mins in total.

Was pleasantly surprised and very happy to bypass the fcps as the worst thing by far about the leaf is when you get caught in a queue at an fcp. One day last week i had to wait over an hour to be charged and the poor guy after me was waiting another 20 mins for me. There were 4 leafs waiting at it at one point. Most ive ever seen at once.

I think i would be confident if i went a slightly slower id comfortably get 150Km out of a full charge.

That is very good and reasonably consistent with my 30w leaf , even if I never go below 20% !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Dealer said going over on PCP would rate at about a 6 cent per kilometre penalty on GMFV. Make any sense?

Nice run there yqt.

That is very good and reasonably consistent with my 30w leaf , even if I never go below 20% !!

Next time i'll get the other half to drive and see what we get. Seems to be much easier on the juice than i am, but i dont know why. Im obviously doing something different.

I heard from a very reliable source that it is possible we will see more than 1 charger on the busier sites in 2016. Fingers crossed.

There is a 200 Kva supply to the rural sites and 300+ Kva for the others, so there is plenty of capacity.

I heard from a very reliable source that it is possible we will see more than 1 charger on the busier sites in 2016. Fingers crossed.

There is a 200 Kva supply to the rural sites and 300+ Kva for the others, so there is plenty of capacity.

Now that would be HUGE if you ask me. Even more important than increased range.

Next time i'll get the other half to drive and see what we get. Seems to be much easier on the juice than i am, but i dont know why. Im obviously doing something different.

mine too , gets better economy then me mind you she's lighter :cool:

she just did 126km round trip almost all motorway with 40 km left !

I think too with the air temps increasing the battery capacity is expanding

Just an update.

4000 km on the car
    Average energy usage 16.7 kWh /100 km or 167kwh per km

This is with most journeys with full AC etc

Seems good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Just an update.

4000 km on the car
    Average energy usage 16.7 kWh /100 km or 167kwh per km

This is with most journeys with full AC etc

Seems good

I would say you meant 0.167kwh per km ;)
    Other wise your car would be a monster leccy consumer

I drove nearly 200 kms through Wicklow and averaged 14.5 kwh/100 kms speeds 60-90 kph. Very impressive the mountains have little impact on range.

From Hollywood from the N81 all the way to Glendalough park I regenerated just 4% but it's not just the regenerative braking it's the fact you don't need to use energy to come back down and excess speed is slowed by the regen.

I then went into Wicklow Town, charged up from 40% to 85% in about 20 mins and then to Brittas Bay and then back to Carlow Town and had 15% remaining. I would have had enough to make the 10 kms trip back home but saw no one charging at the fast charger and decided to pop in for some free juice.

Had 14% when I plugged in and it took 20 mins to get from 14%-65%. The battery temp went to 6 bars about 28 deg C.

Total trip was about 200 kms, longest trip in quiet some time.

The warmer temps without doubt help fast charge times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement