Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOIP system

Options
  • 04-04-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

hi folks,

i have two questions i am hoping that someone may be able to help with.

i work from home a lot and would like to get a phone line to my desk. unfortunately i dont have a phone point where i work but i do have a network point. would getting a voip system help with this....

if it would help is there anyone that you would recomend as a provider. it would be calls to irish numbers (landlines) that i would need. or indeed a phone i could get - once it has a mute option then i am happy enough

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have a look at Blueface and Goldfish, they've "plug and play" packages that will give you an 076 Irish phone number and a handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭heathercat

Check out www.internetcalls.com

I've been using them for years. You put 12.50 € in, get 10 € credit and 120 "free" days to call landlines in about 30 countries. After the free days run out, you start using up the 10 €.

Calls to mobile numbers are not free, but extremely cheap too.
    You can use any computer and a headset (or speakers & mic, or a hand set that connects via USB to your computer), or get a router with ATA function (analog telephone adapter) and connect that to your current modem. Then get a normal phone, plug that into the router, and take the hand set with you.

I have a modem from AVM that I use as a router, it's connected to the Vodafone efiber modem, and my gigaset phone is plugged into the router. Usually you can set up umpteen VoIP accounts in a router. I have about 5, like sipgate.co.uk, sipgate.de, internetcalls.com, and voipcheap.com.

Mind, some services like blueface charge you a monthly fee. The ones I use, do not.

Advertisement