Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit Card - what is the process for refund?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    [font=arial, sans-serif]On 27th January 2016 I was informed that suspicious transaction appeared on my transaction list and I called back immediately the security department  confirming that those are transactions which were not executed by myself  - except  one. Still in the call after having a look at my online transaction list I discovered additional fake transactions which were reported them immediately.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]My account and card were blocked immediately so I didn't have a chance to get a copy of the fake transactions and as soon as the investigation started those were removed from my transaction list so since then I haven't even managed to see a full list of the transactions affected by the fraud with the current status.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]For weeks I've kept calling the security department for proper updates and for an entire list of my fake transactions with status but no success so far. I've always given the information that the investigation is still in progress and when I was asking details like the X transaction was refunded and then redebited again they couldn't even respond. 
    [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Furthermore last time I called again asking for update my case nr I was told that the case was closed and I just need to check my transaction list and I can see the exact status whether they were refunded. However there are still open items which were neither refunded nor redebited so the case should be open and further actions should be taken.

Could you please advise how shall I progress with this issue?

Many thanks for your help in advance as well.
    Szilvia
    [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Sylvia84, 

Thank you for getting in contact today and welcome to Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear of the recent difficulties you've experienced and we apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

When fraud is identified on an account the card is cancelled straight away and transactions should be removed from the account and an investigation is opened immediately. Upon closure of the case you should receive a letter to update you with the outcome. If any transactions were deemed 'not fraud' they would then be re debited on the account. Any fraudulent transactions would no longer be visible on the customers account. 

However, if you are still seeing fraudulent transactions on your account we would ask that you PM us with your name, contact number and branch name as we would like to have this investigated for you. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sylvi84

Good Afternoon Sylvia84, 

Thank you for getting in contact today and welcome to Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear of the recent difficulties you've experienced and we apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

When fraud is identified on an account the card is cancelled straight away and transactions should be removed from the account and an investigation is opened immediately. Upon closure of the case you should receive a letter to update you with the outcome. If any transactions were deemed 'not fraud' they would then be re debited on the account. Any fraudulent transactions would no longer be visible on the customers account. 

However, if you are still seeing fraudulent transactions on your account we would ask that you PM us with your name, contact number and branch name as we would like to have this investigated for you. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks Elaine for the quick response, I've just submitted further details in a priv message.

Regards,
    Szilvia

Advertisement