Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling House tarmac

Options
  • 04-04-2016 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi myself and my partner are in the process of selling house.Its near Galway and finished to a high standard internally with a nice garden outside.My dilemma is to do with the driveway.We recently installed curbing and are wondering is it worth spending about 5k extra on tar as oposed loose chipping.Anyone with any expierence when selling? is it worth it?House asking price €375 5 bed on large site

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Personally I wouldnt do it. Obviously you need to have the basics in order to get a good price, but IMO you should leave anything that could be considered a finishing touch up to the new owners. They might see tarmac and think "how much is it going to cost me to rip that up and put in a gravel driveway/paving" whatever their tastes are.

When I was looking for a house I hated seeing things that were clearly recently done but just not to my taste. I knew I'd have to rip them out so they added no value to me.

Advertisement