Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get a UK mobile phone number?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I used to have a UK sim and phone but I no longer have access to it.

I'm being considered for a job in London and I would like to include a UK mobile number, rather than my Irish. Is there any way I can obtain a UK number for free/minimal cost that will allow me to receive calls? Can I obtain a UK number somehow and route / forward calls to my Irish number?

Any suggestions appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Get a three uk sim on eBay / online and add three feel at home/like home roaming with customer care to get free roaming recieve calls abroad in certain countries : Ireland is included !

Three UK customer care number is :
    +44 7782 333 333

And website : three.co.uk
    For more info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Go up to newry and get one?

Or sign up with a personal number provider. I used to use yac, free uk number that diverts to anywhere in world.

https://web1.yac.com/jsp1/yacNoSB.jsp;jsessionid=3096459BF72BC528002FE925FA1D3B9A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Be aware, many of the free number services (many using the 070 area code) are tremendously expensive. For example, calls can cost 52p per minute in the UK.

They're not far off a premium rate number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Three will block you after 2 month of exclusive usage outside the UK.

Look at Lyca Mobile with their 2-in-1 offer, you can order a UK phone number online which get's attached to your Irish SIM and allows you to receive call and text messsages free of charge in Ireland.

It's free for a short period (I think a week) and after that it's 5€ to keep the number for a year.

Standard cost for UK callers to a UK mobile and no cost for you to receive the call/text.

Advertisement