Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Cash Lodgement

• 04-04-2016 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

I made a cash lodgement this afternoon at midday for a smallish amount,

Received a receipt confirming the amount,

Bank just called four hours later to say its actually 100e short,

I was lodging the cash into my credit card account, I didnt receive or record a breakdown of the notes lodged,

I cant prove what notes I lodged and it looks like the teller incorrectly counted the amount,(And I also counted incorrectly)

Mistakes happen but do I have any recourse to recoup the 100e,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Surely the receipt the teller gave you would show the amount. Request the cctv of the person counting it. possible they counted it and pocketed 100euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

If they counted it and believed you lodged the amount that you initially said, how can they pinpoint the loss to your transaction? I would question that. If the teller counted the money in front of you and proceeded to give you a receipt and you believe that you lodged the correct amount, then definitely request proof that you were €100 short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I had a fake 50 in a bundle once that I was not aware off.

The bank caught it, told me I had been a victim of crime .

Mighty annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

How could they possibly discover after you left the counter that your lodgement was €100 short? Do you think that yours might have been the only cash transaction at that teller's service point?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Hands up my fault..Dooh.

I lodged an extra 100e in a different bank today in the self service atm,

Lessons learned, thanks to those who replied

• Advertisement
Advertisement