Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

.........borrowing to invest, conceptually flawed IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

That whole subreddit is full of degenerates, but it's still funny to read :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Augeo wrote: »
    Fair play, I hope you are correct :)
    I'll be happy with a quick 10% though. I bought a decent lash late last week.

+1

I'm a 10% man myself. If I make 10% in a few days, I usually sell. If it takes a few months, i'm happy too. Sell, don't want to be greedy and hold out for more. Sometimes it takes longer, share goes down first. In that case I'll usually hold until there is some sort of plus again

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

unkel wrote: »
    +1

I'm a 10% man myself. If I make 10% in a few days, I usually sell. If it takes a few months, i'm happy too. Sell, don't want to be greedy and hold out for more. Sometimes it takes longer, share goes down first. In that case I'll usually hold until there is some sort of plus again

What is your downside risk on 10% upside?
    You only loose money when you sell, right? I'm in this for the long term...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Blatantly untrue.

Elon Musk said on Twitter July 4 he was "happy to help" the Thai government in its rescue effort "if there is a way to do so", and continued to post about the rescue mission over the coming days.

Thai authorities and representatives for Musk begin discussing the possibility of using resources from Musk's companies to help rescue the boys' in the cave, including using technology from SpaceX, Tesla, or The Boring Company.

Source:
    http://uk.businessinsider.com/thai-cave-rescue-timeline-how-it-unfolded-2018-7?r=US&IR=T/#monday-july-9-5-am-tesla-and-spacex-ceo-elon-musk-posts-photos-and-video-from-inside-the-cave-14

What's untrue? He posted on twitter about helping while the others did the real operation.

He came up with two ideas that had no chance of working and he got annoyed and lashed out when one of the actual rescuers called his toy submarine a PR stunt.

From your own link:
    Musk suggests a series of tubes could be sent through the cave network and inflated, creating a tunnel for the team to travel through without needing to scuba dive. He later scraps that idea, and starts testing a "kid-size submarine" in Los Angeles to put the boys in and bring them out of the cave.

On Tuesday, Musk posts photos on his Twitter account from inside the cave.

Narongsak Osatanakorn, the Thai official leading rescue operations, said they didn't need Musk's sub.

"Although his technology is good and sophisticated, it's not practical for this mission," the rescue chief said.

Mach 3 wrote: »
    What is your downside risk on 10% upside?
    You only loose money when you sell, right? I'm in this for the long term...

Yeah, you only loose money when you sell but I'm not stupid enough to hold onto a losing position either. Good example is when I bought Aryzta a few months ago when it was really low. For sure it got up a bit, but then a damning article in the SBP made the price drop and I quickly sold (still at a small profit). We all know what happened a few weeks later

b4bmm wrote: »
    I’m the opposite, I think Q3 will be ok maybe lower end of guidance targets (huge growth compared to any other automaker) and over the long term the growth is phenomenal. There has already been 1.72Km2 of land allocated in Shanghai for Tesla gigafactory with many banks vying for finance solutions which will break ground next year.

The growth in storage will go through the roof over the next couple of years. It’s an absolute bargain with a investment timeframe out to 2025]. Audi/BMW and Mercedes still making a half hearted effort of an EV solution. Tesla will continue to capitalise. The gigafactory in US and upcoming one in China is the jewel in the crown while bottlenecks continue throughout the EV supply chain for all other players (and even Tesla) with little chance to ramp up to Tesla levels due to lack of investment.
    It’s an absolute bargain with a investment timeframe out to 2025
    They don't have funding to last until 2019? All their infrastructure is mortgaged to the hilt, they're not paying suppliers and cutting capex.

They can't make the 35k car profitably and they're rapidly running out of customers who can afford the higher priced cars.

The CEO who has a long history of over promising and missing deadlines is out calling people pedos and being investigated for stock fraud. Anyone that's putting their money behind him and this company needs their head examined.

The made up nonsense about going private was the chance to exit.
    Audi/BMW and Mercedes still making a half hearted effort of an EV solution.
    Because it was loss making. Jaguar ipace is just the beginning of cars that will eat Tesla's market.

I reckon the gigafactory etc etc was all well taken into account at $400 ish / share. None of that is a secret to the market :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

What's untrue?

That Musk turned up out of nowhere.

• Advertisement

They don't have funding to last until 2019? All their infrastructure is mortgaged to the hilt, they're not paying suppliers and cutting capex.

They can't make the 35k car profitably and they're rapidly running out of customers who can afford the higher priced cars.

As far as I can tell there is no evidence that suppliers aren't being paid. If you have it I would be interested in seeing it.

And they're not running out of customers. That't just ridiculous. They haven't even started deliveries outside the USA and Canada. Many of the customers for the current Model 3 cars are coming from Leafs, Priuses and Hondas, all cars that are much less expensive.

And why would they try and sell a car that costs them 35k for 35k if they can sell almost exactly the same car that costs them 37k for 70k? :p

Someone here doesn't understand what the only aim is for any business. To maximise profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

I’m the opposite, I think Q3 will be ok maybe lower end of guidance targets (huge growth compared to any other automaker) and over the long term the growth is phenomenal. There has already been 1.72Km2 of land allocated in Shanghai for Tesla gigafactory with many banks vying for finance solutions which will break ground next year.

The growth in storage will go through the roof over the next couple of years. It’s an absolute bargain with a investment timeframe out to 2025]. Audi/BMW and Mercedes still making a half hearted effort of an EV solution. Tesla will continue to capitalise. The gigafactory in US and upcoming one in China is the jewel in the crown while bottlenecks continue throughout the EV supply chain for all other players (and even Tesla) with little chance to ramp up to Tesla levels due to lack of investment.
    It’s an absolute bargain with a investment timeframe out to 2025

The CEO who has a long history of over promising and missing deadlines is out calling people pedos and being investigated for stock fraud. Anyone that's putting their money behind him and this company needs their head examined.

The made up nonsense about going private was the chance to exit.
    Audi/BMW and Mercedes still making a half hearted effort of an EV solution.
    Because it was loss making. Jaguar ipace is just the beginning of cars that will eat Tesla's market.

Running out of sales bahaha. Been a while since I have seen so much misinformation posted in one thread, but that to be expected from the mainstream media news gobblers. Posters Continue to comment and continue to have NFI what they are talking about. It was the fifth best selling car in the USA in August and sold more than ALL BMWS combined. 

Please go away and do some research you are seriously embarrassing yourself.

"Here at CleanTechnica, we’ve started tracking Tesla headlines in the mainstream media. This week so far, out of 63 headlines, we’ve found that 43 insinuate something negative about Tesla while only 9 offer positive implications for the company. Furthermore, there is not yet a single positive headline about Tesla sales."

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/06/tesla-model-3-5th-best-selling-car-in-united-states/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hold up, Tesla competition is increasing, by late 2019 the others will start getting into their stride. Tesla has positioned themselves in such a way that their up against, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi. Unless Tesla can make Kia volume at Kia price soon there going to get eaten alive by the Top Marques.
    I can't think of any reason to be long Tesla, the low share price and the upcoming debts in November could cause huge problems if the share price isn't high enough (420) which it won't be.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Many of the customers for the current Model 3 cars are coming from Leafs, Priuses and Hondas, all cars that are much less expensive.

I thought Tesla said they were coming from BMW etc, I never heard them mention taking Nissan and Honda customers.
    They'd want to get their story straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hold up, Tesla competition is increasing, by late 2019 the others will start getting into their stride. Tesla has positioned themselves in such a way that their up against, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi. Unless Tesla can make Kia volume at Kia price soon there going to get eaten alive by the Top Marques.
    I can't think of any reason to be long Tesla, the low share price and the upcoming debts in November could cause huge problems if the share price isn't high enough (420) which it won't be.

The difference is the volume. Tesla have the battery capacity.
    Do any of the others? It doesn't look like it.

I thought Tesla said they were coming from BMW etc, I never heard them mention taking Nissan and Honda customers.

It was in their Q2 earnings report.

Toyota Prius
    BMW 3-Series
    Honda Accord
    Honda Civic
    Nissan Leaf

I just omitted BMW to emphasize that a lot of people are trading up.

Tesla has got their story straight. Maybe you should have checked the facts before posting baseless and disparaging remarks.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/tesla-model-3-cars-trade-in-honda-bmw-prius-leaf-2018-8?r=US&IR=T

Short seller Andrew Left files class action lawsuit against Tesla and Elon Musk
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/06/short-seller-andrew-left-files-class-action-lawsuit-against-tesla-and-elon-musk.html

Who's right? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lol, see can you find the worst car on the list https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-2018/

Lol, see can you find the worst car on the list https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-2018/

Apparently only 28 respondents. Please see the EV forum for more on this.

• Advertisement

It so funny any and all replies are simple regurgitated mainstream and shorter driven lies. Less than 5% is factual and still in the face of that Tesla sales are screaming ahead. If that doesn’t tell the story then you have serious comprehension issues.

The lawsuit will be thrown out of court imo, add them to all the other ones. Nothing more than disatraction.

In the meantime roll that **** up.

P.S to the other poster who commented about batterie you are absolutely correct, Ipace has already limited production due to shortage of batteries and they produce very few cars. The Germans have no hope of competing meaningfully within the next 3 years because they don’t have the battery capacity to come close to Tesla. Jaguar have just signed a deal with Samsung to lock in 5Gwh of battery production to supply the vehicle. That will be approx 55,000 vehicles a year by maybe 2020. Tesla already produces more than 20Gwh per year of batteries and are currently adding extra capacity. By 2020 that will likely be doubled. Germans are 5 years behind. Best of luck charging a 90kwh ipace battery from a socket in your house too BTW, ah yes they also have a worldwide changing network, how did we forget about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

And just when you thought Musk had reached peak ridiculousness...... :D

The fanboys will probably tell you that sales will soar now with all the stoners and whiskey drinkers buying Teslas.

Seriously though Musk and his antics are just making it harder for Tesla to raise cash, enabling them to build the company and service their debt. This is what the bulls should be worried about and not how many cars they can sell right now. Point is they will never be able to generate enough cash flow to do all of this in the short term. Things are looking ominous. imo

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    And just when you thought Musk had reached peak ridiculousness...... :D

The fanboys will probably tell you that sales will soar now with all the stoners and whiskey drinkers buying Teslas.

Seriously though Musk and his antics are just making it harder for Tesla to raise cash, enabling them to build the company and service their debt. This is what the bulls should be worried about and not how many cars they can sell right now. Point is they will never be able to generate enough cash flow to do all of this in the short term. Things are looking ominous. imo
    I preferred this part
    [font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]”We’re really playing a crazy game here with the atmosphere and the oceans. We’re taking vast amounts of carbon from deep underground and putting this, putting this in the atmosphere, this is crazy. We should not do this. It’s very dangerous. We should accelerate the transition to sustainable energy. I mean the bizarre thing is that obviously we’re going to run out of oil in the long term. There’s only so much oil we can mine and burn. That’s totally logical, we must have a sustainable energy transport and energy infrastructure in the long term. So we know that’s the end point, we know that. So why run this crazy experiment where we take trillions of tons of carbon from underground and put it in the atmosphere and oceans. This is an insane experiment. It’s the dumbest experiment in human history. Why are we doing this, it’s crazy.”[/font]

[font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]But lets concentrate on one puff of a joint, that is as legal as the whiskey they were drinking.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

BreakingNews: Tesla 8-K Shows Tesla's Chief Accounting Officer, Dave Morton, Has Resigned

unkel wrote: »
    And why would they try and sell a car that costs them 35k for 35k if they can sell almost exactly the same car that costs them 37k for 70k? :p

Someone here doesn't understand what the only aim is for any business. To maximise profits.

And there was I thinking we were talking about Tesla :pac:
    Been a while since I have seen so much misinformation posted in one thread,

How are they gonna stay funded into 2019 and onwards?
    so far, out of 63 headlines, we’ve found that 43 insinuate something negative about Tesla while only 9 offer positive implications for the company.

Here's another one

Tesla Chief Accounting Officer Dave Morton resigns after just a month, stock drops 9 percent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

^^ your link doesn't work.

^^ your link doesn't work.

Here

Haven't read it yet, but that headline would worry me alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement