Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

unkel wrote: »
    Here

Haven't read it yet, but that headline would worry me alright.

He's only there 17 days and the other one was off on leave for a while.

Haven't watched all of this yet, good to see him get blazed probably long over due it.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That is honestly a pathetic reason to quit the company.

Grain of salt.
    Likely the job seemed utterly horrible and he has other options / plenty cash so just left :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

unkel wrote: »
    And why would they try and sell a car that costs them 35k for 35k if they can sell almost exactly the same car that costs them 37k for 70k? :p

Someone here doesn't understand what the only aim is for any business. To maximise profits.

And there was I thinking we were talking about Tesla :pac:
    b4bmm wrote: »
    Been a while since I have seen so much misinformation posted in one thread,

How are they gonna stay funded into 2019 and onwards?
    so far, out of 63 headlines, we’ve found that 43 insinuate something negative about Tesla while only 9 offer positive implications for the company.

Here's another one

Tesla Chief Accounting Officer Dave Morton resigns after just a month, stock drops 9 percent
    An employee resigned after a month because he didnt like the job, holy **** this is unbelievable news.

"Since I joined Tesla on August 6, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations," Morton said in the filing. "As a result, this caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla's leadership or its financial reporting."

I have never read a headline ever before about an accountant retiring in any other major company, wonder why that is. The smear campaign continues. TBH im surprised they haven't actually found some proper dirt on Musk, he would have private investigators following him day and night to try get some dirt on him, this tells me he is pretty legit, chances are he works so much he doesnt have the time to do anything dirty. If taking a puff of a joint on the worlds biggest podcast is dirt, then things aren't too bad.

His brain is burst watch the podcast, being in his position with all the money and the big company you think he's set. He's not happy in life, it's lonely at the top, tbh at this stage he needs to make a mission statement of where he wants the company to go then bow out. He's accidentally ended up somewhere he never wanted to be.
    Sell up, move on, enjoy your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

An employee resigned after a month because he didnt like the job, holy **** this is unbelievable news.

"Since I joined Tesla on August 6, the level of public attention placed on the company, as well as the pace within the company, have exceeded my expectations," Morton said in the filing. "As a result, this caused me to reconsider my future. I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla's leadership or its financial reporting."

I have never read a headline ever before about an accountant retiring in any other major company, wonder why that is. The smear campaign continues. TBH im surprised they haven't actually found some proper dirt on Musk, he would have private investigators following him day and night to try get some dirt on him, this tells me he is pretty legit, chances are he works so much he doesnt have the time to do anything dirty. If taking a puff of a joint on the worlds biggest podcast is dirt, then things aren't too bad.

You're missing the point here. Do you think a month ago that he didn't know the level of public attention on the company? Or the pace within the company?
    Do you really think he went through the process of joining the company and is leaving a month later while believing strong in its future prospects? I doubt he even wrote that; when Alastair Campbell used to go to tell people twenty years ago that they were fired he used to hand them their public resignation letter.

I've lost count now, is that the third or forth high level finance officer that's left Tesla recently? Most of whom had a significant amount of stock left to vest.

The writing is on the wall.

People look back on the likes of Enron, Madoff, Theranos, and people wonder how did that happen, and yet you're watching it happen again all in real time.

I guess Elon isn't raising the cash the company desperately needs because...he doesn't want to dilute the little guy or something. Just like why he didn't take the company private...for the sake of the guys that would be excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

You're missing the point here. Do you think a month ago that he didn't know the level of public attention on the company? Or the pace within the company?
    Do you really think he went through the process of joining the company and is leaving a month later while believing strong in its future prospects? I doubt he even wrote that; when Alastair Campbell used to go to tell people twenty years ago that they were fired he used to hand them their public resignation letter.

I've lost count now, is that the third or forth high level finance officer that's left Tesla recently? Most of whom had a significant amount of stock left to vest.

The writing is on the wall.

People look back on the likes of Enron, Madoff, Theranos, and people wonder how did that happen, and yet you're watching it happen again all in real time.

It is a waste of time replying to the fanboys as they're delusional. The CAO just left after a few weeks and in doing so left behind $10m in options. To the fanboys he was clearly forced by out by a smear campaign orchestrated by those pesky shorts paid for by big oil. I'm sure it had nothing to do the fake 420 privatization deal tweet or the pedo comment made by Musk, and it definitely wasn't that he might not have liked what he saw in the books. Nah it's all good and this is just normal CEO behaviour. Keep drinking that kool-aid fanboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Steve Jobs took acid for years while he birthed Apple. Musk takes two tokes on a legal jay and he's a rampant crack dealer. The way he's been treated is daft.

• Advertisement

Close to 0 Tesla sales in China since the US tarrifs in July. That's more concerning than all the other news as it's a fair chunk of revenue. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4204863-teslas-collapse-china-spells-trouble-2h-profits

Close to 0 Tesla sales in China since the US tarrifs in July. That's more concerning than all the other news as it's a fair chunk of revenue. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4204863-teslas-collapse-china-spells-trouble-2h-profits

It's possible but the article is pure speculation. No numbers to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'm certainly no Elon fanboy but the mainstream media's hatchet job on him for smoking weed and drinking whiskey on Joe Rogan's podcast was unbelievably pathetic.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Hold up, Tesla competition is increasing, by late 2019 the others will start getting into their stride. Tesla has positioned themselves in such a way that their up against, Porsche, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi. Unless Tesla can make Kia volume at Kia price soon there going to get eaten alive by the Top Marques.
    I can't think of any reason to be long Tesla, the low share price and the upcoming debts in November could cause huge problems if the share price isn't high enough (420) which it won't be.

Comment after comment with no basis on reality.
    Are you aware that the new “Top Marque” in European EVs is the Jaguar Ipace, ok great you know that much.

Are you aware the Jaguar battery is over 40% bigger than a Kia Niro? I’d guess you would also be aware that the Jaguar range is even less than a Kia Niro too? That the price of the Kia Niro is half that of the Ipace and is a very inefficient offfering compared to the “bottom Marque” Korean offering? That the Kia Niro charging (adding miles) is faster? Are you aware that reports say no Ipace have actually been delivered to any customers yet????

No you didn’t know any of that yet you still have the audacity to come on here talking BS, for what?

You also wouldn’t be aware that Merc’s upcoming offering, pencilled in for next year but likely by 2020 is already a less efficient offering than the current Kia not to mention current Teslas.

The new offeringsfrim the “Top Marques”, over the next couple of years are already behind some market players right now, Kia, Hyundai and of course Tesla too. Tesla is still tops for efficiency. I won’t deny the Jaguar Ipace looks awesome and the Merc does too based on some pics I have seen and the interiors I’m sure will be standouts but they Are not even close to being leaders in the EV space, maybe they will catch back up by 2022/23 onwards but that won’t happen unless they start investing some real money into EVs and EV infrastructure which they seem to be doing, 5 years later than Tesla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That is honestly a pathetic reason to quit the company.

Sure about that?:pac:

460729.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

Mach 3 wrote: »
    “The noblest art is that of making others happy” ...

“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” ...

“Nobody ever lost a dollar by underestimating the taste of the American public.” ...

“Unless a man enters upon the vocation intended for him by nature, and best suited to his peculiar genius, he cannot succeed.”

~ P T Barnum

Tis all a Circus lads.

Genius yes - CEO no.
    If Elon was to follow in the footsteps of Barnum and relinquish the reigns to concentrate more on his creative genius, the markets would lap this stock up. Imo.
    Characteristics Of A Good Leader
    Here are 10 essential characteristics of a good leader:

1. Honesty
    A good leader will be able to establish an honest connection with his or her peers. A relationship based on trust and reliability makes the team know that their leader is always there for them, which in turn inspires them to be there for their leader.

2. Ability To Delegate
    Each person in a group will be able to bring something different to the table, and a good leader will work with each member’s strengths and weaknesses in order to make sure that the best is being done.

3. Ability To Communicate
    By clearly describing his or her idea to their team, the leader will be able to create a sense of ease and understanding with his peers. When every member of the team is striving towards a common goal, then there is nothing that cannot be accomplished.

4. Sense Of Humor
    Negative situations will always arise, but a good business leader will know how to diffuse them and help give his team peace of mind. A stress-free work environment often garners the most results, and sometimes all that is necessary to help push your team forward is a healthy dose of humor in the face of difficulty.

5. Confidence
    A good leader will show confidence in the face of challenges, and will inspire confidence in his team by reminding them that obstacles are just there to be overcome. The confident leader will keep his eye on the goal and will not allow anything deter him or her, or their team, from success.

6. Commitment
    Some leaders may drive their teams to work hard, while others will constantly be at their sides, giving every task their one hundred percent. The latter is the type of leader that can expect to achieve more. Teams work better when they see that the one that they answer to is right by their side, sharing their struggles and triumphs.

7. Positive Attitude
    Motivation is the key to success, and it can be hard to stay motivated in a negative environment. By keeping your team’s spirits up, you will be able to motivate them to achieve more, and not let them be bothered by minor setbacks.

8. Creativity
    Sometimes a difficult situation will arise that will require you to think outside of the box and help your team do the same. At such crucial movements, a good leader will be able to demonstrate a unique type of creativity that can help his team push through any situation.

9. Ability To Inspire
    Inspiration can take many forms, but a capable leader will be able to demonstrate his ability to lead and inspire by motivating his team to share his vision.

10. Intuition
    Finally, a good leader will have intuition. Sometimes obstacles will arise that nobody will know how to handle, perhaps even you. In such situations, it is important to be confident and make a decision. No matter what the decision is, if you show that you are giving the problem everything you have got, it will inspire your team to do the same, which can often be just all that is needed to help get past the situation to begin with.

He just doesn't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Genius yes - CEO no.
    If Elon was to follow in the footsteps of Barnum and relinquish the reigns to concentrate more on his creative genius, the markets would lap this stock up. Imo.

He just doesn't have it.

This is all nonsense making comparisons with pt Barnum and Steve Jobs.
    People aren't 2 dimensional copies.
    Nobody here really knows what the guy does or is planning to do with his business every day.

I think he'll stay on and people will buy his products in greater numbers.

Nobody here really knows what the guy does or is planning to do with his business every day.

Yep, you can definitely hum that one!

The point been the markets don't believe (in) him at this present point in time, as is evident in price action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Yep, you can definitely hum that one!

The point been the markets don't believe (in) him at this present point in time, as is evident in price action.

There is also a bit of the people running the markets don't want people to like him. The narrative the Tesla story is being told from is very fixed. Tis a kin to the September 11th hurry up and believe what I'm telling you rhetoric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Thread just going in circles

• Advertisement

Prezatch wrote: »
    Have started a new thread...

I also sold my holding today at $246, a tidy one month 24% gain.

#1 post 04/04/16 of this thread.

Would you like to square the circle?

Looks like the factory in China may be going ahead fast if this is reliable information.

https://twitter.com/XZsSx1TE7oar9IF/status/1038701568013430784

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Watched the full podcast last night, the guy has next generation intelligence. A bit of a mad scientist, but a man on a mission nonetheless.

Watched the full podcast last night, the guy has next generation intelligence.

What parts of the podcast made you say that just out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Genius yes - CEO no. He just doesn't have it.

So the guy LEADING the worlds LEADING space company and LEADING one of the worlds LEADING electric car companies and LEADING one of worlds LEADING battery power storage companies hasn't got what it take to be a leader. Not to mention leading for the future, an AI company, a hyperloop company, a solar panel company and a boring company. And you think he should take advice from Barnum. :confused::confused: I can only assume you don't know much about Elon Musk.

TSLA is up over 8% today, regaining all that was lost on Friday. Clearly it was all blown out of proportion if you pardon the pun.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    TSLA is up over 8% today, regaining all that was lost on Friday. Clearly it was all blown out of proportion if you pardon the pun.

It hit 252's the other day. That's down nearly 125 points since the BS "420" tweet. Yesterday was nothing more then a dead cat bounce helped by more BS news saying "everything is great ... yada yada yada".

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    It hit 252's the other day. That's down nearly 125 points since the BS "420" tweet. Yesterday was nothing more then a dead cat bounce helped by more BS news saying "everything is great ... yada yada yada".

So any positive news is automatically BS? Would you care to elaborate?

Tesla shares will likely bounce back after the recent 30% drop, Bernstein says
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/10/telsa-shares-will-bounce-back-after-the-recent-30percent-drop-bernstein.html?&qsearchterm=tesla

Tesla (TSLA) stock rises on positive note from Baird after Fremont factory tour
    https://electrek.co/2018/09/10/tesla-tsla-stock-rises-positive-note-baird-fremont-factory-tour/

Sabre Man wrote: »
    So any positive news is automatically BS? Would you care to elaborate?

Tesla shares will likely bounce back after the recent 30% drop, Bernstein says
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/10/telsa-shares-will-bounce-back-after-the-recent-30percent-drop-bernstein.html?&qsearchterm=tesla

Tesla (TSLA) stock rises on positive note from Baird after Fremont factory tour
    https://electrek.co/2018/09/10/tesla-tsla-stock-rises-positive-note-baird-fremont-factory-tour/

Not all positive news is BS but in this case it is. Sell-side analysts like Baird are just shills so they'll do and say anything to keep the stock elevated. This is what they said:

"Elon Musk’s email to employees indicated Q3 would be 'the most amazing quarter in our history,' VIN registrations and the Bloomberg Model 3 tracker seem to imply production is on track, and insideEVs reported the company sold approximately 23k vehicles in August. We recently toured the Model 3 production lines in Fremont, and came away incrementally positive,” wrote Kallo and Katter in a note to clients."

Forgetting what the shyster Musk said, so they're taking the word of a bloomberg tracker and an online news site? And I'm not exactly sure how touring a production line helps their analysis but it all sounds wonderful and help them justify their "Fresh Pick" selection. I say BS.

• Advertisement

Years and years ahead.
    Huge growth.
    Game changer.

Advertisement