Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Markcheese wrote: »
    How recyclable are tesla batteries (or anyone else's lithium batteries for that matter)?
    As In if they're completely broken down can the lithium be reused in batteries or is it degraded

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/07/yes-tesla-recycles-all-of-its-spent-batteries-wants-to-do-more-in-the-future/

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-exec-straubel-linked-recycling-startup-redwood-materials/

Tesla debt is constantly used as a tool to attack the company. Have a look at the chart in the link below. keep in mind A..where the future is and B..that GM borrow to repay old debt and pay a dividend while Tesla borrow for growth.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/08/20/debt-bubbles-gm-debt-vs-tesla-debt-vs-big-oil-gas-debt/

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Markcheese wrote: »
    How recyclable are tesla batteries (or anyone else's lithium batteries for that matter)?
    As In if they're completely broken down can the lithium be reused in batteries or is it degraded
    As the other poster said, the good quality batteries can be reused but yes there is alot of focus on recycling, mobile phones, e-bikes, laptops, etc etc mainly from China. Outside China most are still scratching there heads wondering when all this EV and battery fiasco will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

This is just comical

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1044294753041313792

How can anyone believe anything out of this guy

How can anyone believe anything out of this guy

A decent reply in fairness.......... hard to beat the personal touch.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    A decent reply in fairness.......... hard to beat the personal touch.

Why is he taking time out of his day for blatant lies? The best bit is the guy thanks him afterwards.

The Musk/Tesla lovers lap it up. They had owners in appeasing folk on waiting lists at various collection events too recently........loony but he seems to get away with it to an extent.

Augeo wrote: »
    The Musk/Tesla lovers lap it up. They had owners in appeasing folk on waiting lists at various collection events too recently........loony but he seems to get away with it to an extent.

Can you find any other example in the auto industry where new car owner become willing and free sales people. That's why it will not only blow every other EV maker out of the water but will destroy BMW other ICE makers as well.
    "
    Expect to see more stories like this in the future.

BMW issues profit warning on trade worries and new emissions test
    German premium carmaker BMW has announced that new stricter EU emissions tests for cars as well as global trade tensions would leave revenues and profits short of its full-year forecast."
    https://www.dw.com/en/bmw-issues-profit-warning-on-trade-worries-and-new-emissions-test/a-45636398

https://outline.com/54DMRG
    FINANCIAL TIMES ›
    Electric switch poses existential challenge to carmakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tesla is in trouble now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I'm stocking up on them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've never had any intention of buying Tesla, but now looks be an opportune moment

There'll be plenty of opportunities to buy lower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

unkel wrote: »
    I've never had any intention of buying Tesla, but now looks be an opportune moment

I'm up a good bit with them and if we open at the current price I'll be break even or just below. Still like the product.

Elon manipulates it up.

SEC manipulates it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

TSLA down 12%+ in premarket...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Surely one of the easiest cases the SEC will ever have.

:-D

"Explaining the tweet, Musk said he understood Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth was prepared to provide funding to take the company private at a proposed price of close to $420 per share.

“According to Musk, he calculated the $420 price per share based on a 20% premium over that day’s closing share price because he thought 20% was a ‘standard premium’ in going-private transaction,” the SEC alleged in its suit.

“This calculation resulted in a price of $419, and Musk stated that he rounded the price up to $420 because he had recently learned about the number’s significance in marijuana culture and thought his girlfriend ‘would find it funny, which admittedly is not a great reason to pick a price.’”"

SEC sues Elon Musk for fraud and seeks to bar him from leading a company

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/sep/27/sec-sues-elon-musk-and-tesla-over-plans-to-make-company-private?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Are you sure that's a good idea?

(It's not btw).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Storm in a teacup. It will all blow over. The word “considering” will get him off the fraud charge.

If he said “taking Tesla private, funding secured” it would be manipulation.

“Considering” isn’t confirmation of anything. A fine and a slap on the wrist and back to making cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't kid yourself, "funding secured' is what got him in trouble. It was share price manipulation. 5yr ban minimum. Wouldn't touch this with a dirty stick until all this is put to bed and "funding secured' to fix the Tesla debt problem.

This is fascinating, you only usually see this kind of cognitive dissonance in sport or politics, plenty of people on Twitter seeing this as an opportunity to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭greenfield21

This is fascinating, you only usually see this kind of cognitive dissonance in sport or politics, plenty of people on Twitter seeing this as an opportunity to buy.

It will be a good trade if it becomes way oversold with all the negative press. Timing the point to get in is the hard part. It could also just keep falling for weeks.

Don't kid yourself, "funding secured' is what got him in trouble. It was share price manipulation. 5yr ban minimum. Wouldn't touch this with a dirty stick until all this is put to bed and "funding secured' to fix the Tesla debt problem.

Sure, they were the two words alright but you have to take them into context and thats what he will argue. I think the word "considering" will mitigate his guilt and hence a hefty fine to teach him a lesson but other than that I dont see him being blow out for it. Just my guess. I've no more insight than you.

Ah, I wouldnt touch the shares. Its way too volatile and if the whole thing drags on the price could go down for a while yet.

Any idea how long a case like this takes to complete? Are we talking weeks, months, years?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Into context he pretended to have funding to take the company private and took a swipe at shorts in the process. His words minipulated the share price and he was well aware of it. He's guilty of fraud no matter what way you look at it. People got burned and he personally profited.
    He's looking at a 5y ban minimum and or a huge fine neither of which he can afford.
    I'd expect VW to take it private at $17 and burn it with fossil fuels.

Into context he pretended to have funding to take the company private and took a swipe at shorts in the process. His words minipulated the share price and he was well aware of it. He's guilty of fraud no matter what way you look at it. People got burned and he personally profited.
    He's looking at a 5y ban minimum and or a huge fine neither of which he can afford.

Why cant he afford a fine? He's a billionaire!

Obviosuly you are convinced and you may prove to be right but the law is a funny thing. I wouldnt bet against him at all.

I'd expect VW to take it private at $17 and burn it with fossil fuels.

Thats a very specific number you put there. You must know something! :rolleyes:

Yeah they're showing intent by repeatedly making references to his issues with the short sellers. It's blatant fraud. And there's wholesale lack of oversight by everyone else involved from Tesla. They also haven't ruled out further action. This is likely just the first thing, DoJ could be next. And Musk could be on the hook for the loses involved by the market participants.

KCross wrote: »
    Why cant he afford a fine? He's a billionaire!

Obviosuly you are convinced and you may prove to be right but the law is a funny thing. I wouldnt bet against him at all.

Thats a very specific number you put there. You must know something! :rolleyes:

Did you see how much volume was done on the tweet? He's also very illiquid, he has borrowed a huge amount against his Tesla's shares, it wouldn't take much to get in a death spiral especially with the upcoming convertible debt.

You're all very doom and gloom phantom_lord.... Be more positive! :)
    Unless you are a short seller yourself! :D

• Advertisement

I do have some puts alright. But I'd hate to see people losing money here because they believe the Musk hype. It's been shown over and over that he's a fraud. The company is going to zero, it's just a matter of time.

Advertisement