Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Not a fan of Zerohedge but i'll post this to highlight what David Einhorn has to say about the Musk situation. I think he is spot on.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-05/deception-about-catch-david-einhorn-unleashes-elon-musk-compares-tesla-lehman

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Have Tesla spent the half a billion in deposits?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I feel sick. Slow bank transfer ruined this. *waits for the next opportunity*

Turned out ok in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What do you mean? Would have made a killing if we were liquid last Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

unkel wrote: »
    What do you mean? Would have made a killing if we were liquid last Monday

Have you looked at the stock price right now?

• Advertisement

Eh yeah. Not a hope I would go long or short in Tesla as I've said several times before. But I could have and would have made a quick killing jumping in and out last Monday all the same :)

Go on the Elon, twitter something naughty again :D

That zero hedge article is well worth a read, I do see him as a kid trying to get kicked out of class so he doesn't have to come up with an excuse for his homework not being done, Daddy drove over it in the tractor just won't wash again.

I wasn't impressed by that article if I'm honest. The author seems to suggest that if the financial authorities had intervened in Lehman's in 1998, they wouldn't have gone bankrupt in 2008. And he uses that to suggest they should also have intervened in Tesla in 2013. Yeah. That intervention would have meant Tesla's end. Sure wouldn't the world be better of if we never had Tesla? I stopped reading after that.

I'm still with Mazda, let's look at wheel to wheel emissions. Tesla is far from green. It's not even Elon's Idea.
    Worth your time as a lot of it has been said in other articles. It's not just someone having a rant.
    Tesla doesn't need to survive for the future of cars, as they say everybody is at it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'm still with Mazda, let's look at wheel to wheel emissions. Tesla is far from green. It's not even Elon's Idea.
    Worth your time as a lot of it has been said in other articles. It's not just someone having a rant.
    Tesla doesn't need to survive for the future of cars, as they say everybody is at it these days.
    The wheel to wheel emissions is right now, just like the energy being used to charge the cars is dirty right now. Economies of scale will drive the manufacturing related pollution down as electric continues to take off, and it will drive it way below ICE cars because of the sheer scale of the difference in the amount and complexity of parts required. Likewise the continued uptake in clean energies will continue to reduce the energy related emissions, any further advances in solar panel efficiency will be revolutionary and they've been steadily improving for decades.

ICE cars will be filthy forever, plus they kill millions through particulate pollution along with all the associated costs there.

• Advertisement

Your probably right some time in the future, right now though all that matters is Tesla's ability to turn and sustain a profit. I don't see how it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dubliner999

Turned out ok in the end

Sure did. Nearly time to jump in potentially. Entire market is bleeding. Flip of a coin really what happens next from my point of view.

Its gone from 310 last Monday to 250 now. The market knows something and must be expecting a bad Q3. Screwed if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Q3 figures will be far worse than anticipated.  Hopefully nobody here purchased last week.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Q3 figures will be far worse than anticipated.  Hopefully nobody here purchased last week.

What do you anticipate?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

el diablo wrote: »

Lets have your figures . What is anticipated? What are you predicating?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

Who gives a fiddler's - traders paradise!!

Mach 3 wrote: »
    Who gives a fiddler's - traders paradise!!

Heaps of volatility all right but I would have though Tesla would be difficult to trade. It can jump substantially and quickly either way on any news (like a tweet) or no news even.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

John I hope it works out for you, but the algorithms are unemotional and are privy to such tweets. Large range alright, watch the levels for a breakout of the range on Q3 Beat/miss. Other than that trade the range....

Musk on a twitter rant yet again. For years he has watched his stock price soar to obscene levels and every step of the way he has taunted the shorts as if it was all a game to him. Now, with the stock price dropping, he wants to change the rules of the game and make short selling illegal. What a p$ssy.

Ever hear of "Financially Delivered"?

https://twitter.com/Trumpery45/status/1050525431634382848

Ah sure Tesla just like to do things in an unorthodox way. Welcome to the future of the car industry. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Musk on a twitter rant yet again. For years he has watched his stock price soar to obscene levels and every step of the way he has taunted the shorts as if it was all a game to him. Now, with the stock price dropping, he wants to change the rules of the game and make short selling illegal. What a p$ssy.

Ah sure Tesla just like to do things in an unorthodox way. Welcome to the future of the car industry. :rolleyes:
    It's a software bug.

Kuva wrote: »
    It's a software bug.

Thanks i guessed that.

I was more highlighting the "financially delivered" wording used by Tesla. There has been a lot of talk recently about whether they only book the revenue after the vehicle is delivered. The 10K says they do but with all the logisitical issues around delivery who knows what financial games they're playing. The Q3 #'s should make for an interesting read. GL

When are the Q3 details going to be announced?
    Google isn't helping me.

Augeo wrote: »
    When are the Q3 details going to be announced?
    Google isn't helping me.

Date not confirmed yet. Last year was Nov. 1st. Check this link in a few weeks:

https://finance.yahoo.com/calendar/earnings?from=2018-10-07&to=2018-10-13&day=2018-10-11&symbol=TSLA

zpehtsfd wrote: »

You must be one of this guys 1000 followers. Mind you his tweets come with a warning on FUD ..from himself.
    https://twitter.com/Trumpery45/status/1050512511210946560

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Meanwhile Tesla are buying $150M of land in Shanghai for the China GF.
    But going bust any day now, no doubt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭transylman

b4bmm wrote: »
    Meanwhile Tesla are buying $150M of land in Shanghai for the China GF.
    But going bust any day now, no doubt ;)

Yes, beacause why would a company whose entire valuation is based on a growth narrative want to push stories about China expansion.

Was more believable the first time they announced it in 2016 when they at least had some cash to fund it.

https://mashable.com/2016/01/26/tesla-factory-china/?europe=true#w3Cy1qIABPqW

transylman wrote: »
    Yes, beacause why would a company whose entire valuation is based on a growth narrative want to push stories about China expansion.

Was more believable the first time they announced it in 2016 when they at least had some cash to fund it.

https://mashable.com/2016/01/26/tesla-factory-china/?europe=true#w3Cy1qIABPqW

What caught my eye in that article was this headline
    SEE ALSO: Faraday Future's 1,000-horsepower concept car should make Tesla very, very nervous.
    Since then Tesla has produced one of the best sell Passenger cars in the US and the Tesla killer is....
    https://www.carscoops.com/2018/10/faraday-futures-money-woes-return-company-fighting-key-investor/

lucky john wrote: »
    You must be one of this guys 1000 followers. Mind you his tweets come with a warning on FUD ..from himself.
    https://twitter.com/Trumpery45/status/1050512511210946560

What FUD? Just look around twitter yourself and you will see lots of anecdotes of people complaining about everything from quality to delivery issues. These are real. This guys "warning" was him just mocking bulls, because in order for them to believe these issues exist it "requires a full survey to determine if their gripes are legit". Obviously went over your head.

By the way i don't follow him but someone i do follow retweeted this post. Anyhow i'm not sure what difference that would make.

Here's a recent anecdote:

https://twitter.com/ashwinnavin/status/1051647929490927616

Ignore at your peril.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Most buyers are very happy. A few delivery issues, while annoying at the time, will soon be forgotten and won't affect demand.

Advertisement