Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

TAW shares continue to haemorrhage. Is it time to let them go, how much further can they really slide.  :(

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Here's a recent anecdote:............

Ignore at your peril.

wow, shocking.
    No other manufacturers ever let faulty cars out.
    Shame on Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Augeo wrote: »
    wow, shocking.
    Shame on Tesla.

Yes but nearly all if not all bar Tesla have a dealer network to look after recalls etc, from what I've read they send some chap around in a Hiace to fix it in your drive and spare parts are hard to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Augeo wrote: »
    wow, shocking.
    Shame on Tesla.

This is what he tweeted:

"delivery was an 8 day ordeal, paperwork still isn’t done, paint was crinkled and dirty, glovebox wouldn’t open, #autopilot didn’t activate, wheels out of alignment, moisture trapped in the taillight cc"

I can't believe you would think that other manufacturers would allow a car, in this condition, leave its dealership. In fact it wouldn't because the buyer would refuse to take it.

So they book revenue when car is delivered. Go figure. They going to pump those Q3 #'s at all costs. Musk the shyster.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

What FUD? Just look around twitter yourself and you will see lots of anecdotes of people complaining about everything from quality to delivery issues. These are real. This guys "warning" was him just mocking bulls, because in order for them to believe these issues exist it "requires a full survey to determine if their gripes are legit". Obviously went over your head.

Here's a recent anecdote:
    Ignore at your peril.

You need to expand the feeds you follow or you are going to miss what is really going on.

http://www.thedrive.com/tech/20813/the-tesla-effect-is-hurting-tesla

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2018/09/02/tesla-model-3-owner-review-quality-issues-consumer-reports-customer-satisfaction/#2d092ca037a4

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-15/tesla-skeptic-jonas-surprised-by-how-much-he-enjoyed-the-model-3?srnd=premium-europe

• Advertisement

This is what he tweeted:

I can't believe you would think that other manufacturers would allow a car, in this condition, leave its dealership. In fact it wouldn't because the buyer would refuse to take it.

That's a joke, right

Bmw after 100 years of production.
    https://www.ft.com/content/c632376e-5aae-11e8-b8b2-d6ceb45fa9d0

80 years making cars
    https://www.hotcars.com/toyota-recalls-stalling-issues/
    https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1031585/Toyota-recall-hybrid-Prius-airbag-Tundra-Seqouia-Avalon

90 years or so.
    https://cleantechnica.com/2018/09/28/over-700000-diesel-vehicles-must-be-recalled-by-daimler/

100 plus years production
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/09/06/ford-f-150-recall-ford-fix-2-million-pickups-seat-belt-defect/1209785002/

i can go on and on

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

How can some people be so stupid and blinkered?

Honest question........

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

This is what he tweeted:

"delivery was an 8 day ordeal, paperwork still isn’t done, paint was crinkled and dirty, glovebox wouldn’t open, #autopilot didn’t activate, wheels out of alignment, moisture trapped in the taillight cc"

So they book revenue when car is delivered. Go figure. They going to pump those Q3 #'s at all costs. Musk the shyster.

On that logic - surely it is a short term buy into Q3#'s? Maybe a case of buy the rumour sell the news.

lucky john wrote: »

I posted an anecdote from a person who received his Tesla with the following problems:

"paint was crinkled and dirty, glovebox wouldn’t open, #autopilot didn’t activate, wheels out of alignment, moisture trapped in the taillight cc"

Comparing that to faults found after the vehicle had been on the road for months/years is laughable. Who needs quality control when fanboys would probably accept a cardboard box with wheels as long as it had a battery and the Tesla logo on it. :D

Mach 3 wrote: »
    On that logic - surely it is a short term buy into Q3#'s? Maybe a case of buy the rumour sell the news.

Short term maybe but i think everyone knows by now that Musk will have tried to jam the Q and judging by the stock price his game is up. About time WS coped on to this charade. GL

• Advertisement

I posted an anecdote from a person who received his Tesla with the following problems:

"paint was crinkled and dirty, glovebox wouldn’t open, #autopilot didn’t activate, wheels out of alignment, moisture trapped in the taillight cc"

Comparing that to faults found after the vehicle had been on the road for months/years is laughable. Who needs quality control when fanboys would probably accept a cardboard box with wheels as long as it had a battery and the Tesla logo on it. :D

Do you know something, you are right Zpehtsfd. Why would anyone want one of the safest, cleanest, fastest, coolest, techiest car on the road if the glove box wont open. No way will they sell too many of them.
    I'll buy a Audi instead. I'll bet the glove box opens perfect. That cheat software obviously grew in the car itself over the last few years. No way was it installed at manufacture to indiscriminately poison all around it.

Wait, wait,Breaking news...It WAS installed at manufacture :eek:

" Volkswagen admitted cheating on clean air rules with software that made emissions look less toxic than they actually were. has been fined another €800 million ($926 million) over its diesel emissions scandal, this time because of failings at its Audi subsidiary"

Ah well, back to the cardbord box. At least it doesn't have an exhaust pipe... or a fuel tank... or even an engine for that matter. Actually a Tesla has exactly the same emissions as a cardboard box come to think of it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

lucky john wrote: »
    Do you know something, you are right Zpehtsfd. Why would anyone want one of the safest, cleanest, fastest, coolest, techiest car on the road if the glove box wont open. No way will they sell too many of them.
    I'll buy a Audi instead. I'll bet the glove box opens perfect. That cheat software obviously grew in the car itself over the last few years. No way was it installed at manufacture to indiscriminately poison all around it.

Wait, wait,Breaking news...It WAS installed at manufacture :eek:

" Volkswagen admitted cheating on clean air rules with software that made emissions look less toxic than they actually were. has been fined another €800 million ($926 million) over its diesel emissions scandal, this time because of failings at its Audi subsidiary"

Ah well, back to the cardbord box. At least it doesn't have an exhaust pipe... or a fuel tank... or even an engine for that matter. Actually a Tesla has exactly the same emissions as a cardboard box come to think of it. ;)
    From cradle to grave it has been shown that a Tesla can have a higher negative environment impact than an oil-burning car though. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Would that study, by any chance, have been commissioned by the oil industry! :)

Post it up please!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mach 3

el diablo wrote: »
    From cradle to grave it has been shown that a Tesla can have a higher negative environment impact than an oil-burning car though. :p

.... From the erection to the resurrection (now that was a joke), people are the scourge of the planet!
    This is an investment and markets forum, please leave morals at the door.

What a bummer.
    Tesla still not gone broke and expanding.
    But all the headlines say they are going bust…………..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/17/tesla-buys-new-plot-for-its-first-china-factory.html

What a bummer.
    Tesla still not gone broke and expanding.
    But all the headlines say they are going bust…………..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/17/tesla-buys-new-plot-for-its-first-china-factory.html

Sabre Man wrote: »

He's more insane than I thought.

In other news he's just admitted to being a fool thinking he could get away without service centers. Rolling them all out in 3/6mts.
    Pull the other one Elon, any fool can see this latest pump for what it is, if he can't get that share price up he's goosed.

Market really loving this Musk $20m stock buy news. ;)

Yes the service center news is ridiculous. Musk is clearly whinging it and has been for years. The overall stock market is topping and no sane person is going to buy Tesla shares at a valuation of $45B.

• Advertisement

Tesla's VP of manufacturing, Gilbert Passin, has left- Business Insider, citing source

Tesla's VP of manufacturing, Gilbert Passin, has left- Business Insider, citing source

And that's news because....
    According to reports he left months ago.

You missed this news which is actually interesting considering the e-tron is supposed to be another Tesla killer. Their plan for US sales is mad. They are basically waving the white flag without a shot been fired.

"He said every Audi dealer will be able to sell the e-tron without having to worry about allocation or whether the factory got its sales projections for each dealership right. Reservations and deposits can be made online through audiusa.com or in person at a dealership.

Keogh said the time a customer waits for delivery will depend on global demand, and it could stretch for months or even a year or more. All e-trons will be built at Audi's assembly plant in Brussels."

https://autoweek.com/article/green-cars/audi-rolls-out-new-sales-model-all-electric-e-tron

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I presume thats because it is literally just released there this month, so there will of course be a spike in sales then?

KCross wrote: »
    I presume thats because it is literally just released there this month, so there will of course be a spike in sales then?

And also because Tesla tends to deliver European cars in batches heavily slanted towards the end of the quarter. Tesla sold 2016 cars in Norway in September, almost twice as many as the second best seling brand, which was Nissan.

Teslas sold in Norway this year
    September: 2016
    August: 195
    July: 64
    June: 1112

Notice the pattern?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Tesla looking like it can't raise, launching a cheaper car, and pulling the self-driving add-on. All further erosion to its capital.

That seems to be an off the cuff decision, few concerns have they a slow down in sales in the more expensive profitable model? With costs going up having to launch a dealer network, where's that money coming from? Wheres the money to build the 200 acre site in Shanghai?
    As he's given a 6mt timeframe the cynic in me is saying he's hoping this will lift the share price to get him out of the debt hole before the money is due.
    Did he buy those $20 million worth of shares yesterday?

Surely 20m is insignificant enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

+1

Immaterial. Only reason to do it is attention seeking / diverting from Musk.

• Advertisement

That seems to be an off the cuff decision, few concerns have they a slow down in sales in the more expensive profitable model? With costs going up having to launch a dealer network, where's that money coming from? Wheres the money to build the 200 acre site in Shanghai?
    As he's given a 6mt timeframe the cynic in me is saying he's hoping this will lift the share price to get him out of the debt hole before the money is due.
    Did he buy those $20 million worth of shares yesterday?

The money for the Chinese factory is coming from Chinese loans.

The shares Elon is buying are newly issued shares. I presume he already bought them.

Advertisement