Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

BEV sales in the Netherlands
    https://eu-evs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sabre Man wrote: »
    BEV sales in the Netherlands
    https://eu-evs.com/

I predict Model 3 will be the best selling EV in the Netherlands this year (it's currently #4)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Would you bet on it?

Sure, what odds are you giving me? :rolleyes:

Tesla launches new Supercharger with 1,000 mph charging, better efficiency, and more
    https://electrek.co/2019/03/06/tesla-supercharger-v3-kw-capacity-efficiency/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Tesla launches new Supercharger with 1,000 mph charging, better efficiency, and more
    https://electrek.co/2019/03/06/tesla-supercharger-v3-kw-capacity-efficiency/

Rookie numbers compared to Piëch's 400km in 4 minutes 40 charge time.

How much will their cars cost? And how does this affect battery longevity?

I love the looks of the The Piech Mark Zero, I have great respect for the heritage the grand son and the great grandson of Ferdinand Porsche are bringing into this and their drive is beyond question. Piëch senior was personally responsible for bringing the Bugatti Veyron to market, a technological masterpiece

I own a Porsche and I have Porsche shares

All that said, this car is just a prototype and I have seen no proof at all that this car can charge at these speeds. I'm excited about the project, but I doubt we will actually see a production car any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Tesla registrations for March in Norway: 3 times as many as Volkswagen, which is the number two brand, and as many as the next 4 brands in total.

Best day ever: 240 cars (7 March). March so far: 1288 cars.

In the Netherlands, for 2019, more Model 3s have been registered than Leafs.

Also, Model 3 is the best-selling EV in Germany.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/03/09/tesla-model-3-best-selling-electric-car-in-germany/

And that's before the cheaper version is even available in Europe.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    I predict Model 3 will be the best selling EV in the Netherlands this year (it's currently #4)

It is currently #1 in the Netherlands.

Also in Spain and Norway (where Model 3 sales are likely to exceed the combined e-Golf and Leaf sales very soon).

They've been delivering them like crazy in the Netherlands (probably the same in other EU countries) - I guess trying to squeeze as many as possible into Q1

The fools shorts that said this was never going to happen seem very quite in this thread now...

Stock's down over $50 since the end of Feb, shorts are delighted.

The future of cars. This is a comical press release.
    Model 3 has been the best-selling premium car in the U.S. for the past three quarters, and we’ve heard from Model 3 owners around the world that they love their cars. It has the highest consumer satisfaction rating of any car in the world.

Today, we’re making some changes to online ordering to simplify vehicle choices and make Autopilot more affordable.

All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature for less than the prior cost of the option. For example, Model 3 Standard Plus used to cost $37,500, plus $3,000 for the Autopilot option. It now costs $39,500, with Autopilot included.

We think including Autopilot is very important because our data strongly indicates that the chance of an accident is much lower when Autopilot is enabled. Autopilot also dramatically improves the quality of the driving experience, especially in heavy traffic, as thousands of our customers frequently describe online.

Leasing
    Beginning today, customers in the U.S. will be able to lease Model 3 for a small down payment and competitive monthly payments. Customers can choose any Model 3 variant and select an annual mileage option of 10,000, 12,000, or 15,000 miles.

Please note, customers who choose leasing over owning will not have the option to purchase their car at the end of the lease, because with full autonomy coming in the future via an over-the-air software update, we plan to use those vehicles in the Tesla ride-hailing network. Customers can visit tesla.com/3 now to lease a Model 3.

Alternativer
    Last quarter, we introduced two new Model 3 variants with more competitive pricing than ever before – Standard and Standard Plus. Since then, Standard Plus has sold at more than six times the rate of Standard, far exceeding our expectations.

Given the popularity of the Standard Plus relative to the Standard, we have made the decision to simplify our production operations to better optimize cost, minimize complexity and streamline operations. As a result, Model 3 Standard will now be a software-limited version of the Standard Plus, and we are taking it off the online ordering menu, which just means that to get it, customers will need to call us or visit any one of the several hundred Tesla stores. Deliveries of Model 3 Standard will begin this weekend.

Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). Similar to other software-limited vehicles produced in the past, Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time. Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.

To further simplify our line-up, beginning today customers will also need to call or visit a Tesla store to get Model 3 Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive. We’re making these changes to ensure that our online order process is focused exclusively on the three Model 3 variants customers want most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Yikes

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Cramer compares Musk to PT Barnum.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/-jim-cramer-elon-musk-video-14938096

Not a fan of JC but it's great to see someone with influence call out Musk for what he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Anyone brave enough to jump onto Tesla today.?? Share price is getting battered this week..

Not even brave enough to drive one, next stop $180

UsBus wrote: »
    Anyone brave enough to jump onto Tesla today.?? Share price is getting battered this week..

I was tempted but the price didn't fall far enough. I think most bad news is already baked in. And now Elon has settled with the SEC, which removes some uncertainty, so I expect the share price will recover on Monday.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-elon-musk-sec-twitter-agreement/

I think the next two quarters will be important. Tesla needs to deliver more cars and a profit and demonstrate that any issues related to demand and production constraints are overblown.

Not even brave enough to drive one

Your loss. They're great fun. Are you anti all EVs or just Tesla?

• Advertisement

They've run through all their backlog and early adopters, and there's increasing competition, they've cut their margins. The company has been surviving on misguided hope and belief, that bubbles popping now, and it's downhill from here. This is why he's reaching for nonsense like robotaxis that has zero chance of happening, he's got no cards left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

They've run through all their backlog and early adopters, and there's increasing competition, they've cut their margins. The company has been surviving on misguided hope and belief, that bubbles popping now, and it's downhill from here. This is why he's reaching for nonsense like robotaxis that has zero chance of happening, he's got no cards left.

The robo taxis and lease models did sound desperate. I'd assume they will need more fiance sooner or later.

Possibly. But a bank will have to underwrite it. Most of the banks already have a large exposure in terms of the shares Elon has borrowed against. And who wants to underwrite a falling stock? Would have to be a big discount. why didn't they raise when the price was high? They knew how they were fixed for cash flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

They're miles ahead in terms of ostentatious appeal, style (debatable I'm not a fan but they stand out), drive quality, speed, and most impressive of all software in particular self driving capability.

As a long term investment with the included supercharge network and compatibility with the ionity network the Tesla makes a lot more sense as a purchase compared to the Kona. The kona won't be receiving full self driving updates in a few years nor will it receive a 10% battery increase via a software update as the Tesla has.

The Hyundai Kona is no different to the initial launch of the Prius here imo, people like Hyundai petrol and diesel cars, not their electric brand.

Note: I used the Kona as an example as it's probably closest for bang to buck, the Audi is in a different class and has mediocore range and costs quite a bit more. And the leaf is quite unappealing and a lower standard again.

Tesla is raising cash

Tesla shares pop on plan to raise $2 billion from investors including CEO Elon Musk
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/elon-musk-may-buy-10-million-of-tesla-stock-in-new-offering.html?__source=newsletter%7Cmorningsquawk

Tesla is raising cash

Tesla shares pop on plan to raise $2 billion from investors including CEO Elon Musk
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/elon-musk-may-buy-10-million-of-tesla-stock-in-new-offering.html?__source=newsletter%7Cmorningsquawk

Fantastic, euro holiday yesterday meant couldnt fund my broker account. Was going to pop at Tesla.

Ah well

Tesla is raising cash

Sweet. I finally bought some Tesla shares in the last few days. Looks like I'm in for a ride :D

unkel wrote: »
    Sweet. I finally bought some Tesla shares in the last few days. Looks like I'm in for a ride :D

my jealousy is intensifying

He done a great job of shoving the autopilot law suit way down the headlines, wonder how many hours that buys shareholders to get out.

• Advertisement

Kilboor wrote: »
    They're miles ahead in terms of ostentatious appeal, style (debatable I'm not a fan but they stand out), drive quality, speed, and most impressive of all software in particular self driving capability.

As a long term investment with the included supercharge network and compatibility with the ionity network the Tesla makes a lot more sense as a purchase compared to the Kona. The kona won't be receiving full self driving updates in a few years nor will it receive a 10% battery increase via a software update as the Tesla has.

The Hyundai Kona is no different to the initial launch of the Prius here imo, people like Hyundai petrol and diesel cars, not their electric brand.

Note: I used the Kona as an example as it's probably closest for bang to buck, the Audi is in a different class and has mediocore range and costs quite a bit more. And the leaf is quite unappealing and a lower standard again.
    He done a great job of shoving the autopilot law suit way down the headlines, wonder how many hours that buys shareholders to get out.

It regularly tries to drive people into medians, under trucks, and into fire engines. But impressive spin has people thinking Tesla is a leader in the field and months away from Robotaxis.

Advertisement