Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

There will be many bag holders made here.

Talk about getting ahead of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Telsa will probably be included in the S&P 500 in one or two quarters, which will require lots of ETFs and funds to buy shares. Is it possible that someone is buying in anticipation of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭themossinator

Sabre Man wrote: »
    Yesterday's volume was 46.4 million shares. That's got to be more than just amateur investors.

It did 2x Apple volume and 5x microsoft, according to CNBC, that's just mental

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Yesterday's volume was 46.4 million shares. That's got to be more than just amateur investors.

Momentum hedgies - when the rug gets pulled and the algos kick in the other way, look out below. Trade carefully.

• Advertisement

Telsa will probably be included in the S&P 500 in one or two quarters, which will require lots of ETFs and funds to buy shares. Is it possible that someone is buying in anticipation of this?

What makes you think they’ll ever be in the S&P? They lost 700 mm last year ffs! Have never turned a profit

Just an FYI the last time I saw Cramer pump a stock so hard it was TLRY - they yell, you sell

Trade carefully

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'm just laughing at the shorts.
    This is great, anytime opening my revolut is showing me more and more gains.

I'm not cashing out, if it drops back to $400 that's still me in the green towards my cybertruck.

cc @bagholderquotes

What makes you think they’ll ever be in the S&P? They lost 700 mm last year ffs! Have never turned a profit

don't think that's true that they've never turned a profit - hope it gets into the S&P, just for the fume :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

unkel wrote: »
    This was posted when TSLA was at about USD230 about 9 months ago :D

And it was 170 a month later.

• Advertisement

That's because they've been investing in future growth at a fast pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,946 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

edgelord nonsense

anyone that shorted this yesterday will have to cover now with the gap up

Thargor wrote: »
    Hold for a 1000 at this rate.

Might as well lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Tesla = pure madness. Fair play to anyone who toughed it out.

Not Me ... I sold out at $300 a few Months ago .. (sigh!!).

Thankfully I held onto my Lithium holdings (Albemarle & SQM). They are having a great day today too.

That's because they've been investing in future growth at a fast pace.

Why is their Capex down every quarter then? Point me to the section of any of the last 4 10Q’s which shows any “investing in future growth”

I await your detailed reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,946 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sold at 900$
    Will reinvest when it drops.
    It's overvalued now and I fully intend to buy back in using the profit when the shares return to a realistic market value

Sold at 900$
    It's overvalued now and I fully intend to buy back in using the profit when the shares return to a realistic market value

Snap

Why is their Capex down every quarter then? Point me to the section of any of the last 4 10Q’s which shows any “investing in future growth”

I await your detailed reply.

Gigafactory Shanghai?

Sold at 900$

Congrats. Good trade. Just out of curiosity, would you share the metrics that would constitute a “realistic market value” for TSLA?

• Advertisement

Gigafactory Shanghai?

The CCP paid for that and TSLA has an agreement where they must hit certain sales/ employment targets. Again, point to anything in their books that indicated an “investment in growth”? Elon seems to be busy taking victory laps and crowd sourcing AI techs on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

730 USD. :eek:

One day later....

.....930 USD :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

One day later....

.....930 USD :eek: :eek:

Will we have three :eek: tomorrow? I patiently wait to see

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

Thankfully I'm on the right side of this to find it highly entertaining. Has Skynet hacked the Nasdaq bots

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

lucky john wrote: »
    Thankfully I'm on the right side of this

I think the only right side of this is to be long and sold all today :p

Unfortunately, I sold myself a long time ago when I was happy with a substantial profit in a very short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HamSarris

Push it sideways, then continue the dump

lot of selling near the end there - 7% drop in the last 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Timmaay wrote: »
    Just about to break 700!
    USD715 a second ago :eek:
    730 USD. :eek:
    Timmaay wrote: »
    To cash out and take a 30% gain in 2 or 3wks, or to hold on for 800 hmmmm???
    Hold for a 1000 at this rate.
    sk8board wrote: »
    since the results last week it’s not following any rational data analysis or valuation logic.
    They’ve added almost 20bn (!) in market cap already today.
    It feels like that time oil went close to the mental barrier of $100 for the first time and traders drove it up to get the monkey off their back - in the case of tsla if feels like they are going after Toyotas MC, get the headlines and then come back
    This is an auto manufacturer who have lost money for a decade including 700 million USD this year. They ‘delivered’ 360,000 cars this yr, barely touching low end of guidance. They’ve guided for 500,000 cars next year (below top end guidance last year) they have a factory in China that may or may not be at all operational this quarter. The CEO is likely one of the greatest fraudsters of the last 50 years and is releasing drug fuelled dance tunes on twitter while saying he’s going to cure brain cancer and Parkinson’s. For gods sake man, trade carefully.

Well done on your profits but think about the fundamentals here. You are watching a black box frenzy and trust me, your chance of catching the top is insanely low.
    What in God's name
    I was joking but the OP thanked the post so I want to make that clear that I was joking. Dont take advice from the internet. Think about taking out your original stake or a chunk anyway, this is Bitcoin mania, it could fall hard, nobody knows.
    Can you believe these conversations took place only 24 hours ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭sk8board

Peaked at 180bn market cap today before the sell-off to 160bn, albeit still a big inter day gain. The late sell off should make tomorrow’s opening interesting.

A car company with no profitable calendar year since it’s foundation, making 350-500k cars annually, has a market cap of $160,000,000,000.00.

I find this fascinating to watch tbh. Zero interest in touching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ITM gained more % today than Tesla. Somebody is wrong about the future, I'm just not sure who yet.

Advertisement