Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a device!

Options
  • 04-04-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I download movies onto my memory stick and they are typically in mp4 format (typically...) I used to watch the movies on my Xbox One and that worked fine but that has gotten moved to my own room and I would prefer to watch my movies on the big TV we have. I was wondering if anyone knows of a device I can buy which I could plug my USB into which also goes into the TV to play my movies on it. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does the 'big TV' not have a USB socket? Most do nowadays.

If the TV doesn't have a USB socket then you will need to buy a media player, you can get them with or without an internal HDD. That will connect to the TV using a HDMI cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Raspberry Pi with openelec.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

coylemj wrote: »
    Does the 'big TV' not have a USB socket? Most do nowadays.

If the TV doesn't have a USB socket then you will need to buy a media player, you can get them with or without an internal HDD. That will connect to the TV using a HDMI cable.

My TV has a usb port but when I plug it in it will not pick up any of my movies. It shows that I have nothing in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

zxxtonyxxz wrote: »
    My TV has a usb port but when I plug it in it will not pick up any of my movies. It shows that I have nothing in it.

They are in a format the tv can't read it else the TV has no smart functions and USB port is just for updating the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What TV is it? On my LG tv I had to enable it in a hidden menu, once I did it would pick up most video formats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭zxxtonyxxz

FrostyJim wrote: »
    What TV is it? On my LG tv I had to enable it in a hidden menu, once I did it would pick up most video formats.

It is a Samsung TV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

It is a Samsung TV

Model would be handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Make sure the USB is formated as Fat32.

I had one of these which worked great

Advertisement