Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Presenters going from Legal Radio to Non-Stop Nineties

• 04-04-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭

I have found it interesting that presenters, who were previously with legal Irish stations, have returned to pirate radio, in the shape of (Non-Stop) Nineties.

This is most surprising in 2016, when you would think that the golden era of pirates is over and that people who had left that scene some years ago would have moved on.

The names I noticed were -
    Ronan Devitt - CKR and FM104

Louise Jordan - FM104

Enda W. Caldwell - too many to mention (and that does not include all his non-Irish stations!), but just a sample: Atlantic 252, Kiss100, Today FM, Radio Luxembourg, FM104, Pulse 87 New York / 96.7 FM Las Vegas.. and more!

Tracey Lee - CKR and Today FM

Could this mean that deejays/presenters are getting adventurous again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I have found it interesting that presenters, who were previously with legal Irish stations, have returned to pirate radio, in the shape of (Non-Stop) Nineties.

This is most surprising in 2016, when you would think that the golden era of pirates is over and that people who had left that scene some years ago would have moved on.

The names I noticed were -
    Ronan Devitt - CKR and FM104

Louise Jordan - FM104

Enda W. Cauldwell - too many to mention (and that does not include all his non-Irish stations!), but just a sample: Beat 102, Atlantic 252, Today FM, LMFM and most recently The Rock.

Tracey Lee - CKR and Today FM

Could this mean that deejays/presenters are getting adventurous again?

i think it's been a while since all those were on legal radio though? i would agree it is interesting to have people who were once on legal radio moving back to pirates.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I remembered another name that I heard mentioned - Jon Troy. Given that it was some kind of love songs or easy-listening show that was being advertised, this must be the same guy who was on Radio Ireland/Today FM, CKR and 4FM.

With the calibre of presenters, this is a bit different from your average pirate from this decade! How did they manage to get some of those names?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

And maybe a few more to come:cool: In my case I haven't been looking for Legal gigs (but if anyone wants to hire me get in touch lol) and this suits me and no pressure on times etc so flexible enough. Likewise with the other Presenters or they have full-time jobs already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Music is starting to get repetitive now ive just heard the same song twice in the last 90 minutes and hear the same songs every day again and again as well as the same poxy ad for a hair salon.

Also why was the othet non stop 90s thread locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Hadaway- what is love 3 times today.
    Also hear cranberries zombie a lot.

• Advertisement

Hadaway- what is love 3 times today.
    Also hear cranberries zombie a lot.

And the theme from that show Cops that used to be on sky1 i think ive heard more on the radio in the last week then in the last 20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Red Fred

neris wrote: »
    And the theme from that show Cops that used to be on sky1 i think ive heard more on the radio in the last week then in the last 20 years

"Bad boys" I assume you mean. Didn't like the show or song!

Red Fred wrote: »
    "Bad boys" I assume you mean. Didn't like the show or song!

Thats the one

neris wrote: »
    Music is starting to get repetitive now ive just heard the same song twice in the last 90 minutes and hear the same songs every day again and again as well as the same poxy ad for a hair salon.

Also why was the othet non stop 90s thread locked?

I didn't realise the other thread was locked myself!! haven't a clue as to why. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

there certainly is repetition on the station. I suppose there's a fine line between being playlisted and being repetitive.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    there certainly is repetition on the station. I suppose there's a fine line between being playlisted and being repetitive.

Work still ongoing on the playlist JDxtra but we have had some positive feedback from people with a couple of changes we are in the last 14 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Work still ongoing on the playlist JDxtra but we have had some positive feedback from people with a couple of changes we are in the last 14 days.

Really liking the playlist and overall sound of the station.

Is the any plans to have any live shows Ronan?

Just give maniac a rest for a bit. Heard it 3 times in the last 24 hours and I haven't listened that much!!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Really liking the playlist and overall sound of the station.

Is the any plans to have any live shows Ronan?

Just give maniac a rest for a bit. Heard it 3 times in the last 24 hours and I haven't listened that much!!

DJ Wicked version is it? Hearing that a lot myself. As for live shows, I will let you know if any possible changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭JDxtra

DJ Wicked would be a great addition to the lineup if you can pull him out of retirement! :)

Advertisement