Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you use the "Tesco carpark launderette" in Maynooth?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

How do you use the "Tesco carpark launderette" in Maynooth?

See it there, but not sure how you use it, or how secure is it when your wash is in it?

Anyone use it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

There's one the same in Esso Celbridge iv used a few times [big one is handy to wash duvet]

Pop the washing in the machine and lock the door [it will stay locked untill the cycle finishes]
    Select what machine you want to use and put the money in on the right.
    Go to your machine and select which cycle you want [Think it's 80,60,40 and 30]
    Wait for everything to finish,takes about 30-40min

Theres no option to use your own detergent/fabric softener but iv thrown some softener in a ball into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

the_syco wrote: »
    or how secure is it when your wash is in it?

Anyone use it?

There's a little man inside the back of the machine taking one sock from each pair you put in so that you are left with odd socks :)

I've seen this in Waterford - people seem to just head into the shopping centre next door for a while and then come back before its finished.

Second hand clothes is not the most attractive of items to nick, but they probably give a finish time for you to come back before the machine stops.

edit - just saw that it takes just 30 minutes, so cup of coffee and a magazine and sit in the car?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

oooh, I never saw them.
    I can finally wash double duvets with out sending them to the launderette which can get expensive with kids \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    oooh, I never saw them.
    I can finally wash double duvets with out sending them to the launderette which can get expensive with kids \o/

Stop sending the kids to the laundrette to be washed, cuts down on costs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,493 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We have two of these set ups near us and they are great. You can wash large items like duvets easily. The wash cycle is locked so it cannot be opened in mid wash, but if you are not back when it finishes someone may haul everything out so they can use the machine. Bit unusual though, I have seen one heap of clothing left on a plastic bag on the table in the shelter but mostly people are back. I tend to only use the dry cycle for 15 minutes as you have to wait for it, but even that is pretty effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Buffman

the_syco wrote: »
    See it there, but not sure how you use it, or how secure is it when your wash is in it?

There's one at Tesco Celbridge aswell, simple enough to use and good value for bulky items like duvets compared to the dry cleaners.

The door locks during the wash, but if you're going to do some shopping while washing, I'd suggest setting the alarm/timer on your phone for 5 or 10 minutes before the wash is due to end so you'll get back to it before it unlocks.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I can never get to the one in celbridge it's always in use, as is the one at esso

Advertisement