Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where to buy these rubber nut/washer things?

• 04-04-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can buy some of these threaded rubber collars/rubber nuts things?
    Just noticed that some of them were gone to bits on my bike and the threads were fcuked.

Anyone know what they are actually called and can they bought cheap online or off ebay?
    Thanks.:)

DSCN4792_zps3q2qbtpl.jpg

DSCN4796_zpsirqlkuiv.jpg

DSCN4801_zpsyydcizpf.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,328 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They look a lot like the clips on plastic parts in car engines, try running a search for whatever make of bike it is clips or plastic clips and it should bring up some results. I'm not sure on the official name for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SteveL

They're called grommets, you'll find loads of different kinds on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They are known as rubber well nuts,
    Main dealers should have them or failing that Louis have them.

https://www.louis.ie/artikel/rubber-nut-set-m5-6-pack/10003128?list=141090237

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

They're used on screens...try halfords or your local bike shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Thanks lads.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Nut washer, fnarr fnarr, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭Stiletto72

I'm pretty sure I picked some up from Pro Bolt a couple of years back for my old VTEC,

Sorted.

SpeedyFastners in the UK.

Got some off their ebay shop and some M5 13.5mm diameter stainless bolts too.Exact same as oem Yamaha,but alot cheaper than Yamaha prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Sorted.

SpeedyFastners in the UK.

Got some off their ebay shop and some M5 13.5mm diameter stainless bolts too.Exact same as oem Yamaha,but alot cheaper than Yamaha prices.

These ones.......:)

These ones.......:)

Looks like something from a Mad Max bike.:pac::D

• Advertisement
Advertisement