Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Damage

Options
  • 04-04-2016 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Dropped phone in the toilet, grabbed it out immediately.

Tried the rice trick (Dunno if that's a myth)

Phone switches on yet the screen doesn't work (completely black) I know it switches on because it vibrates as if it's receiving messages.

Would I be best to just buy a new phone or anyone have any idea how much it would be to repair?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

LCD is shot anyways, could be other things wrong with it.

Price depends on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Dropped phone in the toilet, grabbed it out immediately.

Tried the rice trick (Dunno if that's a myth)

Phone switches on yet the screen doesn't work (completely black) I know it switches on because it vibrates as if it's receiving messages.

Would I be best to just buy a new phone or anyone have any idea how much it would be to repair?

Thanks

Have you tried connecting it to a laptop or computer, it might give an indication if it is just the screen that is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭AlabamaWorley

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Have you tried connecting it to a laptop or computer, it might give an indication if it is just the screen that is gone.

It connects just fine, seems to just be the screen.

Might be less hassle to just buy a new one, was 160 euro.

Advertisement