Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beware Skyscanner - Tripsta

• 04-04-2016 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭

This agency seems to appear regularly as the cheapest option on skyscanner but avoid like the plague. Horrible reviews are also all over the internet but I foolishly didn't look. Warn others.
    They have essentially no customer service - I've managed to stay on hold for a full 30 minutes before I hung up. I emailed but got no reply.
    Lots of small print regarding baggage allowance that's unlnlike any other airline. All round disaster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JustDee

I use Skyscanner to find cheap flights but I never book through them. I always book directly with the airline after finding a good deal but on a few occasions I found edreams and ebookers cheaper but never used Tripsta and would't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 carroll1205

I would never again use Tripsta. I will recommend to all my friends to avoid Tripsta like the plague. I booked a flight to Gothenburg from 23 Dec to 28 Dec this year for four people. I did not receive any confirmatory email or tickets. After some time I made inquiries and was informed my booking was from 1 Dec to 28 Dec. This is four weeks! It is not possible for four people to be away over Xmas for four weeks! They informed me it was not their fault and it would cost me an additional 780 Euro to change the dates. I booked SAS for 112 Euro each for the outward leg and informed Tripsta I will be using the return leg only. Tripsta informed me if i did not use the out leg the whole ticket would be cancelled. I asked how much would i get back if I cancelled the tickets - Tripsta answer? Nothing!! Not a penny. This company has just stolen my 640 euro. It is a scam company. The rules say you can cancel your tickets within 24hrs without fine. I called them within 24hrs of receiving my tickets. They said they sent them to my email address previously but did not. I asked them to send then again - again not received. I sent then another email address and received then and called to cancel within 24hrs to be told I will loose all my money. I get 20 emails a day to my main email address without a problem. Tripsta does this deliberately to stop you cancelling within the 24hrs deadline. I would not use Skyscanners either as they were the ones who put me onto this fake Greek scammer company Tripsta in the first place.

Skyscanners are equally to blame for using Tripsta when there are so many complaints about this company. I wouldn't use Skyscammers either.

I agree, Skyspanners and Tripsta are together a bunch of scammers. I lost my Xmas holiday tickets amounting to 640 Euro thanks to that shower Tripsta. But it was Skyspanners who used Tripsta to direct me to their cheapest fare???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Interesting. I used SS/Tripsta recently and had zero issues.

• Advertisement

Keep using them and you will be posting here soon too about their scam. There are many complaints about Tripsta online. It is their absolutely hopeless effort to resolve issues that is the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I agree, Skyspanners and Tripsta are together a bunch of scammers. I lost my Xmas holiday tickets amounting to 640 Euro thanks to that shower Tripsta. But it was Skyspanners who used Tripsta to direct me to their cheapest fare???
    There's nothing wrong with skyscanner . Its a useful tool in seeing what flights are available through 3rd parties.

The last time I searched and booked a flight thanks to Skyscanner, it offered flights via someone dodgy like Tripista, with nothing showing up from the reliable giants like Expedia or Opodo etc.
    I then checked opodo (co-owned by lufthansa, British airways etc) and the flights were there for the same price as the dodgy greeks give or take a few cents.
    Looking back at the email confirmation, I had the confirmation from the Amadeus booking system (the backbone of travel agencies) 10 minutes before the fancy mail from Opodo, but definitely 2 proper confirmations within a few minutes of the booking.

Either way, the lesson is to use these online tools to find good flights, but when you have a flight combination offered by a dodgy crowd, it doesn't mean that a reliable crowd won't have the same flight at the same price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Skyscanner is no different to google as it is a bit like a search engine. I was recently searching for flights using Skyscanner and I found a good fare and I went to book on Vayama and spent a few minutes filling in my details only to discover that Vayama charge €13 for to pay using my payment card. Anyway I went over to Emirates.com as the flights were with Emirates, checked the prices and paid only €14 more to book direct on Emirates website and they didn't charge for my Credit card. As Vayama would have worked out only €14 cheaper than Emirates I decided that in the event of any cancellations or unforseen circumstances etc. it is best to have booked with the airline directly where possible.

Best bet is to use the likes of Skyscanner, momondo etc. to find the cheapest flights on suitable dates and then only book with with good brand travel names like ebookers, expedia or e-Travel in Ireland. And always check the airlines website as if they are a similar price then always book with the airline direct. I know in certain cases this isn't possible on codeshares and interlines multiple connecting flights, e.g. Aer Lingus and Cathay Pacific or Malaysian etc.

I would never again use Tripsta. I will recommend to all my friends to avoid Tripsta like the plague. I booked a flight to Gothenburg from 23 Dec to 28 Dec this year for four people. I did not receive any confirmatory email or tickets. After some time I made inquiries and was informed my booking was from 1 Dec to 28 Dec.

I'd be doing a credit card chargeback against Tripsta or else begin Small Claim Court proceedings against them. You booked for totally different dates that they are providing you with. You should get a full refund, and how how they are treating you and your party is totally unacceptable and don't let them get away with it.

Advertisement