Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Update from variety:
    http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jeremy-renner-broke-his-arms-stunt-avengers-infinity-war-1202489347/
    UPDATED: Jeremy Renner, who has been filming “Avengers: Infinity War” and recently started shooting the New Line comedy “Tag,” said Friday that he “broke his arms” during a stunt. The actor fractured his right elbow and his left wrist while filming “Tag.” “That’s how it goes,” Renner said. “It’s part of the job.”

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Just saw Spidey last night.

Spoiler free: Exactly what I thought it should have been, lots of surprising humour, fun characters, and lots of subtlle subversion of characters and tropes from previous versions of the franchise to keep it feeling fresh.

Politics wise, Marvel clearly wanted it intertwined as much as possible with the MCU so come negotation time it'll be hard for Sony to go on without them.

SPOILY!
    Loads of good some little bad.

Good:

It's not just me, they basically seeded the Sinister 6 effortlessly just to prove how easy it is to do it right, right?

OH LOOK THERE'S A WHITE HAIRED GIRL IN THE BACKGROUND REPEATEDLY I WONDER WHO SHE COULD BE.

The twists on Liz, MJ, and Flash really worked for me, school dynamics have changed so much it's nice seeing Flash being put on the backfoot (he's still kind of a dick, but in this day and age knowledge about tech etc does not mean you're friendless or weird, that relationship would not be as cut and dried as it was in the 60s).

The youngifying of Aunt May worked really well, does anyone need more old grey haired women telling Pete how great he is? Her WHAT THE F- moment was really funny, and the dynamic has now changed so completely with her knowing we can skip all the usual crap.

Speaking of, Vulture is one of the most interesting villains in the MCU now, that mutual respect thing could run for a while.

Thank god we skipped the origin! It's barely even established what happened to him but we don't really need to know. That's a bit of confidence in the viewers that most hollywood productions don't have.

Bad:

Didn't like the total lack of Spider-Sense. I got the feeling it'd make it too difficult for Vulture to attack him, so they just ignored it.

God how many finales have to have a plane full of weapons that might crash into a city? Is there no ideas outside of that and a giant light bursting into the sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I see there is pictures out there with The Nidge working on Infinity War.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Speculation about Infinity War based on Homecoming:
    is Thanos going to crash Tony and Pepper's wedding and rip the gem out of Vision's head?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/MCU_Tweets/status/885911785747881984/photo/1
    "One down." The Russo Brothers have shared that they have finished filming on #AvengersInfinityWar and will soon begin shooting AVENGERS 4!

• Advertisement

DEzO5LxVYAA8sVC.jpg:large

Nicked from the Avengers Infinity War thread in the film forum.
    Disney
    Marvel Studios just showed a huge chunk of footage from Avengers: Infinity War at the D23 Expo and there almost aren’t words for it. But we’re going to try.

The footage began with probably a two-minute intro of footage from the first several movies, all focusing on the Infinity Stones we’ve seen so far. Then, the Marvel Studios logo, and on to the new stuff.

The Guardians of the Galaxy are flying around. “Put on your mean faces,” Star-Lord says, because he expects something nasty. There has been crazy destruction, and then a body smashes up against their ship. “Get it away,” Rocket says. They bring the body in and it’s Thor. (Spoilers for Ragnarok, we guess?) Mantis wakes him up and Thor jumps up and exclaims “Who the hell are you guys?”

Next we see the Guardians with Thor, flying to another planet, and when they arrive—again, it’s just massive destruction again. They all know something is very wrong.

Cut to Earth. Scarlet Witch is moving around some cars or something and a female voiceover says “Death follows him like a shadow.” Loki emerges and presents the Tesseract to someone who is taller than him.

Cut to Queens and the hairs on the arm of a young Peter Parker stand up on end. He turns around in fear and we see a ship flying toward a planet we assume is Earth. “We have one advantage,” Tony Stark says. “He’s coming to us.” As the ship crashes, we see Mantis, Iron Man, Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, and a few others characters in total shock.

“Fun really isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe,” a voice says. Gamora turns around in total horror. “But this puts a smile on my face.” Star-Lord: “Oh no.” And out of a black hole emerges the purple madman, Thanos.

A fight begins. Doctor Strange is putting down platforms and Star-Lord is jumping off them, shooting his guns. Cut to Spider-Man, in his new suit revealed at the end of Homecoming, jumping through the air. A shot of Vision behind bars. A shot of a Wakandan army which includes Bucky. Captain America comes out of shadows with a full beard. Black Widow is shown with blonde hair. Iron Man has new, very sleek armor. Someone is using the Hulkbuster armor. Just a huge montage of shots.

Peter Parker is on the ground very hurt. “I’m sorry Tony,” he says behind tears with Iron Man holding his head. Thanos grabs Thor’s head and squeezes. Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones he has (Purple and Blue, I think) to grab a moon. He starts to drag it toward whatever planet everyone is standing on. The debris starts to fly and... cut to title card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Fair play to Mark Ruffalo just coming out and saying it. There's plenty who would have just dodged the question.

On the other hand what are Universal playing at? Surely they should look at the Sony and Marvel deal and think that they could at least make some cash off the owning the standalone rights.

Seeing as it's San Diego Comic Con next week, what are the odds Disney/Marvel MIGHT drop a teaser for Infinity War?

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as it's San Diego Comic Con next week, what are the odds Disney/Marvel MIGHT drop a teaser for Infinity War?

Whatever they show at it, I hope they release it online as well or else we'll be looking at crappy phone recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah agreed they should just release it and at least its under there own power then instead of some ****ty recording that will inevitably leak out and they'll spend hours chasing up links on youtube to delete

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the time has passed for a solo Hulk movie now anyway, especially seeing as how they're doing a version of Planet Hulk in Thor 3. The only thing left for him really is to tie up the story with Black Widow but I'd be way more interested in a BW film with Banner in it than a Hulk movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ant man and Wasp casting news
    Michelle Pfieffer cast as Janet Van Dyne ,Hannah John-Kamen as The Ghost, Walton Goggins as Sonny Burch, Randall Park as Jimmy Woo and Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Bill Foster.
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/07/23/ant-man-and-the-wasp-cast/#6

I haven't seen it not sure I want to see it either now but it seem the leaked Infinity War trailer shows some brand new Avengers not seen on screen before.

God Damm why do they ruin the surprises it's not like people aren't going to go and see the bloody film.

Found some info on Captain Marvel, not a lot.
    It'll be set in the 1990's

Skrulls will be the villains.

Nick Fury will be in it,
    but with 2 eyes

I can't believe marvel haven't released the Infinity war trailer. Instead now I've read and seen a load of videos of people describing what happened in it. Such a stupid move. It would have been much better for them to get their trailer out first before all the reaction stuff went up.

They did it with Thor Ragnarok so why not Infinity war?

Yet, they haven't released it yet.

Yet, they haven't released it yet.

They should have released it before all the reaction stuff went up from the people in hall H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

antmancomicconart.jpg

Found some info on Captain Marvel, not a lot.
    It'll be set in the 1990's

Skrulls will be the villains.

Nick Fury will be in it,
    but with 2 eyes

I didn't think Marvel had the rights to those villains.

Well there's another twist in the tale if Kevin Feige is to be believed.
    Kree/Skrull war

The film is also apparently going to be a prequel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So didst we all, but after the watchers showed up and people started asking questions Marvel stated there's a lot of cosmic species that have dual ownership.

infinity-war-poster-1011820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Nice to see the members of Thano's Black Order front and centre with the big man himself. Only one missing looks to be Super Giant.

I think the reason Marvel don't release the major Comic-Con trailer ever year and are happy to let the leaks out is to build up the anticipation and social media hits once they do officially release it.

I think the reason Marvel don't release the major Comic-Con trailer ever year and are happy to let the leaks out is to build up the anticipation and social media hits once they do officially release it.

I think you are probably right. Also I suppose they don't want the spotlight taken from Thor right now.

I think it's dumb but i'm sure they have some reason for it. I'd say if you aren't willing to release the trailer then don't show it at these panels because you damage the first impression with leaks and video reactions coming out.

I still haven't watched the leaked version but I know what happens in the trailer now. It will have lost a lot of it's wow factor.

I would have held the trailer back altogether and maybe put it out with Star Wars later in the year. That way Thor is done and you can start the build to Infinity War.

• Advertisement

Production began yesterday.

20479953_1912584262091470_6788979246800658262_n.png?oh=b61bdd53e410af9940d31e7937f7ec1f&oe=59FF6BBC

Advertisement