Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,638 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :cool:

Hoping are you Liz ;)

Penn wrote: »
    Why the split between Daredevil S2 and Luke Cage? I can't remember anything to suggest they were happening at the same time, and in fact I would have thought Rosario Dawson in both would have shown that they weren't. I would have went full Daredevil S2, then Luke Cage S1.

CNET have done one as well and it seems to split the Netflix shows better in the timeline.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-avengers/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

CNET have done one as well and it seems to split the Netflix shows better in the timeline.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-avengers/

Not sure I agree with dropping the one shots, only Agent Carter is really considered non canon now right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

This is worth a click..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,690 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just copped last night that everyone's talking about Coulson not being in the pic, but Quicksilver isn't in it either. An actual Avenger.

Just copped last night that everyone's talking about Coulson not being in the pic, but Quicksilver isn't in it either. An actual Avenger.

Coulson is a much more important part of the MCU than Quicksilver to me!

Anyway Clark Gregg tweeted on the day he was invited but he was doing promo work with Agents of Shield at Comic Con so couldn't attend.

Coulson is a much more important part of the MCU than Quicksilver to me!

I agree in general, but just a shame seeing as how Quicksilver is the first actual Avenger to die in battle. He's been completely forgotten. Would have liked to have seen a mention of him in Civil War too. But I think to not be in that picture when he was an actual Avenger... just a shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I agree in general, but just a shame seeing as how Quicksilver is the first actual Avenger to die in battle. He's been completely forgotten. Would have liked to have seen a mention of him in Civil War too. But I think to not be in that picture when he was an actual Avenger... just a shame really.

Seems like a weird thing for people to take issue with.

Is there confirmation Quicksilver wasn’t invited? Surely not all actors could make it and they obviously weren’t going to reschedule for anyone that wasn’t one of the top actors.

I found Black Panther excellent it has flaws like most Marvel films but overall a really enjoyable two hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

I found Black Panther excellent it has flaws like most Marvel films but overall a really enjoyable two hours.

U watched already?? It's out already?

peaceboi wrote: »
    U watched already?? It's out already?

Out today.

It's great! :)

I thought the actual plot of Panther was a bit cookie cutter, but it was funny, beautiful, and it's actually pretty damning on Hollywood how easy it made doing something different- anything different- out of a film look.

4 out of 4 from Bob:

No spoilers for Black Panther but I think Marvel should stop with the post-credits scenes. Have the mid-credits scenes if you want, but at this stage and based on the last few films, staying until the very end just isn't worth it any more. The post-credits scenes used to show or hint at something major, now they're just either comedy bits or a slight nod at something we already know anyway, or are a snippet of a scene we'll see in a future film.

No spoilers for Black Panther but I think Marvel should stop with the post-credits scenes. Have the mid-credits scenes if you want, but at this stage and based on the last few films, staying until the very end just isn't worth it any more. The post-credits scenes used to show or hint at something major, now they're just either comedy bits or a slight nod at something we already know anyway, or are a snippet of a scene we'll see in a future film.

I was very confused by it and agree.

If you're not going to drop something to drive up the hype in the last film before the new Avengers, there's no point in doing it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

You could just not wait for the second one and YouTube it later.

FunLover18 wrote: »

The whole point used to be you were rewarded by something really cool for waiting til the end.

"Holy **** its Nick Fury and he said Avengers"
    "Holy **** its Thanos"
    "Holy **** it's Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver"

Homecoming was a joke about actually wasting our time and BP is a guy being exactly where we thought he'd be doing nothing :D

(Not a knock on BP BTW, I thought it was pretty damn good).

FunLover18 wrote: »

Trouble is it used to be the case where it was worth staying for, as for the first few weeks after release any video of it you found on Youtube was shaky cam footage with bad sound etc. And it was usually something important.

For the last while however, you only really find out it's not worth waiting for after you've already waited for it. Hence why I think they should just not bother with them altogether. Just go with the mid-credits scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

All the vibranium talk in black panther got me thinking, which metal is stronger vibranium or adamantium?

They're both claimed to be the strongest in their respective films but since they are both from the same comic book universe originally, one of them must be stronger.

All the vibranium talk in black panther got me thinking, which metal is stronger vibranium or adamantium?

They're both claimed to be the strongest in their respective films but since they are both from the same comic book universe originally, one of them must be stronger.

If I remember right, adamantium itself is stronger, but one of the aspects of vibranium is that it absorbs and reduces impacts, so adamantium can't just slice through vibranium.

But since they couldn't use adamantium in the MCU, I think they've just gone with vibranium as being the strongest available. Cap's shield is vibranium in the MCU whereas in the comics it's an alloy of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

In comic book land, Adamantium is the strongest known metal.

In the MCU, they couldn't mention Adamantium as reference to it is owned by rights in films by FOX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Thanks lads, cleared that up for me anyway!

Yeah adamantium is stronger but vibranium has more cool stuff going on with it.

In the comic world, the research into the vibranium alloy in Cap's shield actually resulted in the discovery of adamantium, so they're kinda- not really related, too.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mark-hamill-james-gunn-talk-role-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1088312
    :)

Fan
    @JamesGunn, could you do me a huge favour and find a role for @HamillHimself in Guardians 3? The awesomeness of it might end me, but I’m willing to risk it. Thanks 🙂👍
    Gunn
    I think @HamillHimself lives around the corner from me in Malibu so he can just come over and we can talk about it over a cup of coffee.
    Hamill
    I would be happy to do so, both as a good neighbor & an unemployed actor.
    All the best, mh
    Gunn
    Haha let’s do it.
    Hamill
    DM me for my contact info if you're serious.
    (& a good neighbor)
    Gunn
    Yes I will although I don’t think your DMs are on for me.
    Hamill
    Just followed you. Is that how DM's work?

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/968013470716215301?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodreporter.com%2Fheat-vision%2Fmark-hamill-james-gunn-talk-role-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1088312

Whatever about "OMGz Luke Skywalker!", Mark Hamill's actual performance in The Last Jedi was so f*cking good. I'd be excited to see him in GOTG3 purely as an actor rather than a cameo-type role.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If it happens I’d say he’ll likely do voice work. Probably too distracting to have him on screen in a major role.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Avengers: Infinity War release date in the States changed to April 27th instead of the planned May 4th release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So the same date as us now. Wonder is it to save people from a major spoiler?

Advertisement