Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thought it was brilliant. I need to see it again and will go again if someone else i know wants to go. The coolness and comedic interactions between Characters who’ve never shared screen time together is amazing.

Definitely avoid social media if you don’t want anything spoiled. I had it all spoiled for me but I’m not one that specifically hates spoilers so it didn’t ruin it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Have seen set photos for Captain Marvel,
    Samuel L. Jackson sporting hair in the film has him looking a bit like Laurence Fishburne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This is pretty cool!

Can't remember seeing it before. Feels up to date so was surprised it's almost a year old!

• Advertisement

Oh! There's a Vol. 2!

Slydice wrote: »
    This is pretty cool!

Can't remember seeing it before. Feels up to date so was surprised it's almost a year old!

Kevin Feige Says the MCU 'Has Plans' for Kamala Khan's Ms. Marvel
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/kevin-feige-says-the-mcu-has-plans-for-kamala-khans-m-1825981826
    in a recent interview, Kevin Feige, while unable to confirm anything outright, did say that the Marvel Cinematic Universe definitely had plans in store for the Muslim hero.

“Captain Marvel’s shooting right now with Brie Larson,” he said, talking to the BBC. “Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books, the Muslim hero who is inspired by Captain Marvel, is definitely sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we’ve introduced Captain Marvel to the world.”

“Definitely sort of” isn’t the most comforting thing Kevin could say about the character’s future, but it’s compelling nonetheless

I've not seen anything but positive reaction to graphic novels with Ms. Marvel Kamala Khan. Don't really do graphic novels all that much though.

Looks like she's in some animated media. I might check em out:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Marvel_(Kamala_Khan)
    Film
    Kamala Khan is set to appear in the 2018 animated film, Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, voiced once again by Kathreen Khavari.

Television
    Khan made her television debut in the third season of the animated series Avengers Assemble (which was retitled Avengers: Ultron Revolution),[63] voiced by Kathreen Khavari.[64] She first cameos in the episode "The Inhuman Condition" before making a full appearance in "The Kids Are Alright"

She's an Inhuman?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

She's an Inhuman?

Yup, she was one of the new breed of characters from Perlmutter-directed X-Men pogrom. Pretty much the whole world got terrigen mistified.

It's a great book and an interesting character and a genuine natural fit in terms of humour for the MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Watching certain portions of the Internet react to the arrival of Ms. Khan in the MCU would be entertainment (of the 'peering through fingertips' variety) in of itself.

Honestly I haven't seen much of Kamela but she does to have bags of charisma and energy, I think she'd be a good addition.

The Russo Brothers Reveal the Post-Infinity War
    Fates of a Few More MCU Characters

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-russo-brothers-reveal-the-post-infinity-war-fates-o-1825992323
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Jane Foster? Too spoilery, according to the Russos— “When we say spoiler, [we mean] potential spoiler,” Anthony Russo told HuffPost, meaning that they might have plans for that reveal in the upcoming Avengers sequel.
    I mean like.. if anyone has a good chance at doing it, it's the Russos.

anyway..
    The actor who played Loki on Asgard? Dead. Super dead.

Betty Ross, Bruce Banner’s one-time beau? “Gone,” says Joe Russo. Rough.

Lady Sif? Dead.

Aunt May? Alive! Oh, that’s rough, Aunt May. I’m so sorry for your loss.

Nakia? Unknown, but busy. “She’s on mission,” Anthony said. “Deep undercover.” Convenient.
    Nakia already on the case of the Skrulls
    maybe?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Watching certain portions of the Internet react to the arrival of Ms. Khan in the MCU would be entertainment (of the 'peering through fingertips' variety) in of itself.

Honestly I haven't seen much of Kamela but she does to have bags of charisma and energy, I think she'd be a good addition.

Over on twitter I mentioned I'm dying to use some ACCCCTUUUUAAAALLLLYs on the "fans" who'll get upset over her :D

Long term Thor questions:
    Would Portman get a hammer
    ?
    Isn't Mjölnir gone?
    ?
    Would she get the new Axe?
    ? :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

?

She'd have to get cancer first

?
    Isn't Mjölnir gone?
    ?
    Would she get the new Axe?
    ? :eek:

In order:
    1) I haven't read much but apparently Jane Thor is great so I'd love to see it for a couple films. AFAIK though Portman has had some friction with Marvel, I'm not sure if they'll want to rely on her to carry what is now one of their biggest franchises.

2) They have established you don't need an Odin to forge magical weapons in the MCU. Mojo could be reforged any time they felt like it.

3) I would hope that the only person getting that axe after thor (and he does hold a visually similar one while Jane has Mjolnir) is a giant horse alien :D

3)
    I would hope that the only person getting that axe after thor (and he does hold a visually similar one while Jane has Mjolnir) is a giant horse alien :D
    YES! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

that is all kinds of awesome....

According to the Hollywood Reporter.
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    in Talks to Star in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel
    Jake Gyllenhaal is ready to bring a little mystery to the Spider-Man universe.

The actor is in talks to play the classic Marvel villain Mysterio in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Spider-Man creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko introduced Mysterio in the comics in 1964. A special effects expert, Quentin Beck used his talents to create elaborate illusions to commit crimes and to fight Spider-Man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    According to the Hollywood Reporter.
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    in Talks to Star in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel
    Jake Gyllenhaal is ready to bring a little mystery to the Spider-Man universe.

The actor is in talks to play the classic Marvel villain Mysterio in the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming. Spider-Man creators Stan Lee and Steve Ditko introduced Mysterio in the comics in 1964. A special effects expert, Quentin Beck used his talents to create elaborate illusions to commit crimes and to fight Spider-Man.

Would be an absolute killer of a coup for Marvel.

Would be an absolute killer of a coup for Marvel.

I'm already loving Spidey back under Marvel's banner (thank you deal with Sony), we've gotten Vulture as one of the villains, and possibly
    Quentin Beck/Mysterio
    for the sequel.

Beats Green Goblin or Doc Ock by a mile, though I'm sure we'll see the aforementioned villains somewhere down the line, assuming the deal stays intact, or Disney/Marvel buy back the Spidey right outright.
    Also Michael Keating is rumoured to be reprising his role as Adrian Toomes/Vulture for the sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'm already loving Spidey back under Marvel's banner (thank you deal with Sony), we've gotten Vulture as one of the villains, and possibly
    Quentin Beck/Mysterio
    for the sequel.

Beats Green Goblin or Doc Ock by a mile, though I'm sure we'll see the aforementioned villains somewhere down the line, assuming the deal stays intact, or Disney/Marvel buy back the Spidey right outright.
    Also Michael Keating is rumoured to be reprising his role as Adrian Toomes/Vulture for the sequel

I've nothing against GG or Doc Oct but it was a wise move to stay away from them for a couple of movies.

Regarding
    Vulture... the end credits scene of Homecoming did hint at the Sinister 6. I reckon it'll be a small role towards the end (or even an end credit scene) with Vulture recruiting Mysterio. They'd have Scorpion, Mysterio and Vulture then. Not sure where they'd go from there to get 3 more villains as it could end up rushed. Shocker was in Homecoming wasn't he? Easy member to add in. Maybe there'll be a second villain in Homecoming 2 (Kraven? Electro?). Then the Sinister 6 movie could introduce the final big baddie... GG or Doc Ock

Bacchus wrote: »
    I've nothing against GG or Doc Oct but it was a wise move to stay away from them for a couple of movies.

Regarding
    Vulture... the end credits scene of Homecoming did hint at the Sinister 6. I reckon it'll be a small role towards the end (or even an end credit scene) with Vulture recruiting Mysterio. They'd have Scorpion, Mysterio and Vulture then. Not sure where they'd go from there to get 3 more villains as it could end up rushed. Shocker was in Homecoming wasn't he? Easy member to add in. Maybe there'll be a second villain in Homecoming 2 (Kraven? Electro?). Then the Sinister 6 movie could introduce the final big baddie... GG or Doc Ock

I've read that
    Michael Keaton is coming back for the sequel
    , also
    Kraven
    supposedly mentioned too.. Think much like Green Goblin & Doc Ock, Electro is another villain best left alone for another while after the mess of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Before you get all excited guys, remember as things stand, Homecoming: 2 is the last MCU Spider-Man film. Unless Sony extend, or sell the rights, what comes after will probably not be up to the standard of what we've had.

Considering the decision makers are Amy "no one wants Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast" Pascal and Tom "Deadpool won't make money" Rothman, there's a considerable chance they'll make the wrong one for the fans :D

Interestingly enough, possibly the best thing that could happen for Spidey's continued attachment to the MCU would be a really terrible return for Venom, as that would weaken Sony's position they can do it on their own.

Some info on the next Spidey film. Obviously set after Avengers 4.
    Peter is revived, and it appears Tony Stark will indeed die and Peter will be mourning his death. The plot revolved around something groundbreaking that Stark has created, and which is stolen and Spider-Man must retrieve.
    Set mainly in London. Peter and his friends are there for a conference sponsored by Stark Industries. MJ, Ned, Liz, Flash and Aunt May are returning, alongside the Midtown students and staff from HOMECOMING. Gwyneth Paltrow is also supposed to appear as Pepper Potts.
    Mysterio is the main villain. He is an international thief and master of illusion, who has stolen Stark’s creation at the behest of a mysterious employer. Apparently, there are plans to include the fishbowl helmet, but he will not wear it throughout the movie.
    Jessica Drew is a MI6 operative pursuing Mysterio, who begrudgingly teams up with Spider-Man to stop him. She has no superpowers, but is a combat expert and skilled tactician.
    Peter develops a rivalry with a new student, Alistair Smythe, a technology prodigy who is determined to upstage him. Smythe is “manipulative” and tries to turn Peter’s friends against him. His father, Spencer Smythe, works for Stark Industries.
    Vulture and Scorpion will appear in minor roles. Scorpion is apparently working for the same man who hired Mysterio to steal Stark’s creation, and they attempt to get Vulture to betray Spider-Man’s identity to them.
    Mysterio’s employer is apparently a major villain from the comics and will be prominent in SPIDER-MAN movies going forward. No word on who he is yet, but he will have a minor appearance in the movie. Marvel and Sony eyeing A-list actors. Casting won’t be officially announced. Supposed to be a surprise twist.
    Yes, they are building up to the Sinister Six, but they are not guaranteed for a potential third movie in the series.
    The title (so far) is SPIDER-MAN: FIELD TRIP.

How true all or any of it is, remains to be seen.

Before you get all excited guys, remember as things stand, Homecoming: 2 is the last MCU Spider-Man film. Unless Sony extend, or sell the rights, what comes after will probably not be up to the standard of what we've had.

Considering the decision makers are Amy "no one wants Ghostbusters 3 with the original cast" Pascal and Tom "Deadpool won't make money" Rothman, there's a considerable chance they'll make the wrong one for the fans :D

Interestingly enough, possibly the best thing that could happen for Spidey's continued attachment to the MCU would be a really terrible return for Venom, as that would weaken Sony's position they can do it on their own.

Couldn't Disney just buy back the rights to the character outright? Or would that cost too much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Couldn't Disney just buy back the rights to the character outright? Or would that cost too much?

I'm not up on the specifics but as far as I know, as far as the movie rights go, Spidey belongs to Sony for as long as they wish and aren't obligated to sell. Not sure if the deal has an expiry date. Only way Disney could buy the character is if they buy Sony's movie studios.

It shouldn't matter anyway as sense should prevail and they'll renew the agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Think the deal only expires if Sony don't make a spiderman movie for a certain length of time. Apparently that was one of the driving forces behind the amazing spiderman movies.

But as long as Sony keep turning out the films they'll keep the ip.

Don't see why Sony wouldn't be happy to just let Marvel studios continue to make films and just collect their share of the profits. Marvel studios must be the most sure fire way of making money from a film currently.

• Advertisement

I'm not up on the specifics but as far as I know, as far as the movie rights go, Spidey belongs to Sony for as long as they wish and aren't obligated to sell. Not sure if the deal has an expiry date. Only way Disney could buy the character is if they buy Sony's movie studios.

It shouldn't matter anyway as sense should prevail and they'll renew the agreement.
    Think the deal only expires if Sony don't make a spiderman movie for a certain length of time. Apparently that was one of the driving forces behind the amazing spiderman movies.

But as long as Sony keep turning out the films they'll keep the ip.

Don't see why Sony wouldn't be happy to just let Marvel studios continue to make films and just collect their share of the profits. Marvel studios must be the most sure fire way of making money from a film currently.

Yup, this is all correct. There is no limit to the rights deal Spidey got sold under: As long as 1 movie is made every 5 years, Sony retain it, and it is up to them if they want to sell to Disney or not.

What I meant above was, the better Venom does, the more comfortable Sony will feel going it alone and the stronger a hand they'll have in the negotiations -"we don't need you to make money, we can do it ourselves". If it were me I would be taking this position, but only to really get a sweeter deal out of Marvel.

However as I mentioned above, the people in charge of Sony's franchises are pretty famous for their inept decisions with good franchises in the past, and ensuring the viewing public get exactly what they don't want. So I'm weirdly hoping Venom flops so they feel they really need Marvel to make dat papuh.

Advertisement