Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Guardian reporting that cinema takings in the UK are down 66% compared to to the same week last year (heatwave also a factor) so they're probably justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Relative seen Ant-Man & The Wasp in the U.S (lucky fecker), sent me a message few hours later, and i'll just spoiler tag in case
    good movie, but wait until the very, very end, you'll get another kick in the gut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Relative seen Ant-Man & The Wasp in the U.S (lucky fecker), sent me a message few hours later, and i'll just spoiler tag in case
    good movie, but wait until the very, very end, you'll get another kick in the gut

If it's what I'm guessing and I haven't following spoilers at all or pre-spec about the plot......bastards.
    I imagine the final scene is where it will sync with Infinity War and it will probably be Scott watching his daughter or Hope disintegrate.

If it's what I'm guessing and I haven't following spoilers at all or pre-spec about the plot......bastards.
    I imagine the final scene is where it will sync with Infinity War and it will probably be Scott watching his daughter or Hope disintegrate.

Spoiler tagged it properly for ya...

The word spoiler in the brackets has to be in capital letters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Don't worry bob, I blame Marvel for not releasing it on time :pac:

• Advertisement

Spoiler tagged it properly for ya...

The word spoiler in the brackets has to be in capital letters

It's appearing blacked out for me the way I have it. :pac:

It's appearing blacked out for me the way I have it. :pac:

Must be different then, cause it's not spoiler tagged on desktop...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I saw it last week, it is the
    mid credit scene that you have to see, the one at the very end is pretty meh

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I saw it last week, it is the
    mid credit scene that you have to see, the one at the very end is pretty meh

So
    it's the mid credits one that ties into Infinity War when Thanos snaps his fingers
    ?

So
    it's the mid credits one that ties into Infinity War when Thanos snaps his fingers
    ?

I want to try to avoid any specific spoilers here until it is out in case someone accidentally clicks but take from this what you will
    in the US version the only credit scene that looks to impact the future plot is the mid credit scene, the one at the end was throw away comedy

• Advertisement

BLACK WIDOW solo film has found it's director.
    Marvel Studios’ Black Widow standalone movie has its director.

Cate Shortland, the Australian director perhaps best known for the Nazi drama Lore, has signed on to direct Black Widow, Marvel’s action-adventure project that will star Scarlett Johansson.

Johansson’s Widow is reportedly set before the events of the first Avengers movie and sees the actress reprise the Russian spy turned super heroine. The movie will be Marvel’s second female-focused film after Captain Marvel

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-widow-movie-be-directed-by-cate-shortland-1126708

Great news, Comcast just dropped out of their bid for Fox so it looks like a clear run for Disney/Marvel to get the X-men / Fantastic 4 rights back.

Are Fantastic Four rights definitely included, I thought they were owned by a separate company.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Are Fantastic Four rights definitely included, I thought they were owned by a separate company.

It is a bit unclear, Fox may only own the distribution rights and another party the production rights but without the Fox piece the other side not making a deal doesn't make sense. If Disney could work things out with Sony for Spiderman they can definitely get something sorted with Fantastic 4 for whenever they want them in MCU, especially with the additional leverage they have and the much less marketable product.

So when Disney does eventually complete the takeover, and all the hoops have been gone through, think I read that it'll take a year for the deal to go through, what gets scrapped & what will be kept/absorbed into the MCU canon/retconned into continuity?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Grace has been going on about this for ages.

Her ideas seem to be:
    - Yep, guaranteed they get Fantastic Four.
    - Likely FF will be the first to get a show/film as it's been a while
    - All X-Men getting the can
    - Possibly the first Marvel X-Men will be Feige bringing out a team including Storm and Wolverine

Dark Phoenix and New Mutants suffering delays does feel like Fox's continuity on the X Men is not long for life.

Shame on one hand as the likes of Hoult, Fassbender and McEvoy have been great, but on the other hand they've had their thing going since 2011. That's a good run.

The only thing I want to survive from the Fox continuity is Deadpool. I reckon if Disney kept that franchise going on its own they could have some fun but it could also be disastrous.

The only thing I want to survive from the Fox continuity is Deadpool. I reckon if Disney kept that franchise going on its own they could have some fun but it could also be disastrous.

Good point on Deadpool, would Disney leave it as it is, or would they decide to tinker with it, ruining a good thing in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd like James Howlett be let be. Character had his run with Jackman. Just use Kinney if you feel you must have a Wolverine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭Penn

James Gunn apparently removed from GOTG3 due to old offensive tweets of his being found

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786

James Gunn has been sacked over old tweets.

Edit: Can't link on phone.

Penn wrote: »
    James Gunn apparently removed from GOTG3 due to old offensive tweets of his being found

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786
    James Gunn has been sacked over old tweets.

Edit: Can't link on phone.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/james-gunn-fired-guardians-of-the-galaxy-disney-offensive-tweets-1202430392/

Man, some of those tweets are... yikes...

It's really unfortunate overall. I followed him on Twitter and he's definitely not the same person he is now compared to when he wrote those tweets, but it's still pretty easy to see why Marvel and Disney couldn't stand behind him on those.

With any luck at all, and possibly the best way to save GOTG3 at this point and keep a similar style and tone, could now be to bring in Taika Waititi. Easy to slip Korg into the mix too.

Penn wrote: »
    Man, some of those tweets are... yikes...

It's really unfortunate overall. I followed him on Twitter and he's definitely not the same person he is now compared to when he wrote those tweets, but it's still pretty easy to see why Marvel and Disney couldn't stand behind him on those.

With any luck at all, and possibly the best way to save GOTG3 at this point and keep a similar style and tone, could now be to bring in Taika Waititi. Easy to slip Korg into the mix too.

Yeah they aren't things to be joked about, but seriously what does it say about those who went to all that trouble to dig up said tweets and rake him over the coals because of it?

Yeah they aren't things to be joked about, but seriously what does it say about those who went to all that trouble to dig up said tweets and rake him over the coals because of it?

Unfortunately, it also makes them more likely to be emboldened by their victory now and go after others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

They are bad jokes for sure (at least I presume they are jokes).

It's crass humor but take a lot of Jokes out of context and they'll look bad. Unless he's a convicted pedo or rapist then they are just in poor taste but not something to lose work over. An apology and explanation would be good enough imo.

Eventually we're going to end up with celebs posting the most mundane, boring, clean cut stuff on twitter for fear of it one day coming back to haunt them. I do not like the potential for this to give trolls a sense of power to go after anyone who disagrees with them.

They are bad jokes for sure (at least I presume they are jokes).

It's crass humor but take a lot of Jokes out of context and they'll look bad. Unless he's a convicted pedo or rapist then they are just in poor taste but not something to lose work over. An apology would be good enough imo.

Eventually we're going to end up with celebs posting the most mundane, boring, clean cut stuff on twitter for fear of it one day coming back to haunt them. I do not like the potential for this to give trolls a sense of power to go after anyone who disagrees with them.

Which he already did, but that's no good these days apparently, heads need to roll, apology or not, living in a weird time right now..

They're terrible jokes but I've seen a lot of people point out that it's unlikely Disney wouldn't have already known about them. Also worth noting that Disney continue to hire Johnny Depp, an actual abuser. Disney have caved to the very people who go on about "free speech".

• Advertisement

In fairness, I think in most cases an apology would have sufficed, especially since the tweets were from way back when rather than like the situation with Roseanne, and were clearly jokes however distasteful.

However, this is Disney, and many of the tweets were about children. They couldn't accept an apology and move on.

Advertisement