Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Well I hope so. The likes of Defoe as GG and Nicholson as the Joker were curtailed by the old trope in the genre of the villain must die. Would be amazing to see the former back as Norman in a series of films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I suppose if they persuaded Hugo Weaving to come back & play Red Skull again, anything's on the table with the non-canon material.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

pixelburp wrote: »
    I suppose if they persuaded Hugo Weaving to come back & play Red Skull again, anything's on the table with the non-canon material.

They didn't though, that wasn't Hugo Weaving in IW or Endgame.

My big concern with this is that it's part of some Sony stipulation in their contract with Marvel, we know Michael Keaton is showing up in Morbius, I just worry they're still trying to get their Sinister Six movie off the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

FunLover18 wrote: »

My big concern with this is that it's part of some Sony stipulation in their contract with Marvel, we know Michael Keaton is showing up in Morbius, I just worry they're still trying to get their Sinister Six movie off the ground.

Wait, wasn't it? I mean it sounded just like him.

That's what I guessed, that this is the start of the transition back to Sony that Feige had to agree to. I'm guessing it's all going to ultimately end with Holland's Peter either having to stay or being stuck in a new verse.

• Advertisement

Wait, wasn't it? I mean it sounded just like him.

It was this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It was this guy

Best known as Aaron on The Walking Dead.

Well shoot. That has oddly disappointed me. At the time I very surprised in hearing (what I thought was) Weaving's voice. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Chris Evans to return as The Human Torch would be funny

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A lot of people in this thread forgetting that this might not be a Marvel decision.

When the renegotiation was happening, there was a lot of noise about Sony wanting to "legitimise" their universe by linking it to the MCU more.

This very much sounds like that. More's the pity.

Hopefully it'll be a multiverse thing because I remember that Electro being your standard 1990's frustrated stupid nerd stereotype, which is effectively laughing the people watching.

• Advertisement

Wasnt Morbius Sony based aswell? That had MCU Vulture cameo in trailer.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wasnt Morbius Sony based aswell? That had MCU Vulture cameo in trailer.

Exactly. That was post the negotiations I was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hopefully it'll be a multiverse thing because I remember that Electro being your standard 1990's frustrated stupid nerd stereotype, which is effectively laughing the people watching.

The Riddler in Batman Forever had a more compelling character arc than Electro in TASM2. At least Riddler was upset Bruce Wayne disregarded his invention. Electro hated Spider-Man because Spider-Man couldn't remember his name.

Really hope they can work their magic with him and make him a decent character if he does bridge across to the MCU, but damn, why they want to take the worst villain from the worst Spider-Man movie is beyond me...

Basically confirms the multiverse, fascinated to see how this pans out.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1314261858963120128?s=19

Yeah little less scary to be hearing about electro in that case.

This idea about mutants having their own alternate world looks more and more workable

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Hogan still around for Spiderman too?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Hogan still around for Spiderman too?

Just for a second, I thought you were confusing Randy Savage with Hulk Hogan there :D

Natalie Portman effectively confirming Love and Thunder will be based on the excellent Female Thor storyline from Jason Aaron.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1313989531008405504?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Hemsworth confirmed to return as his Marvel contract ended with Endgame?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dr Strange and the Multiverse will also be linked directly to WandaVision & Loki Disney+ series.

• Advertisement

Is Hemsworth confirmed to return as his Marvel contract ended with Endgame?

Yes definitely, he was part of the reveal at SDCC and he's listed in the cast.

The nature of his contract might have changed; could have gone from "main cast" status to "extended cameo" status, or whatever the legal / financial wording might apply. So available for any interstitials needed, but not required for a full shoot.

He seems eager to continue with the role and I can't say I blame, he definitely seems to have a lot of fun doing it.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/chris-hemsworth-thor-love-and-thunder-1234768042/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,140 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I might be completely wrong but I still think people are taking way too much from the multiverse title for the next Dr Strange movie.

I see them as potentially playing around with it in that movie and even then it could end up being a fake, like the Mandarin in IM2.

I don't believe they'll throw away what they built and allow the multiverse to permeate multiple different movies in the MCU, especially a few in a row. It ruins the whole universe they created that was relatively easy to follow and somewhat forced viewers to go to movies they may not be keen on, as otherwise you'd miss out on pieces of the bigger story.

Similarly, I don't feel Strange being involved here automatically nods towards them doing a Spider-verse now. It could be as straight forward as Peter being on the run and going to the only hero he knows in NYC, one he knows who can teleport him anywhere, and has powers to turn back time.

https://fandomwire.com/spider-man-3-tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-signed-on/

Urgh, tbh. I kinda feel this does cheapen the special thing they have going with the MCU. If it's genuine.

I wonder will the Fox X-Men universe be an alternate reality too.

I'd be surprpised if this was anything more than very brief cameos during a single scene establishing the Multiverse; where the MCU Peter zips across the timelines and briefly bumps into the Garlfield / Maguire versions - similar to the recent CW "Crisis..." event where Ezra Miller's Flash popped up.

TBH, what disappoints is that the MCU Spider-Man feels to be drifting further away from the "Ground level" superheroics that made "Homecoming" a breath of fresh air. The "friendly neighbourhood" aspect ignored. Despite some notable exceptions, Spider-Man always felt better suited telling more personal stakes stories, rather than being involved in cosmic crisises.

I'd be surprpised if this was anything more than very brief cameos during a single scene establishing the Multiverse; where the MCU Peter zips across the timelines and briefly bumps into the Garlfield / Maguire versions - similar to the recent CW "Crisis..." event where Ezra Miller's Flash popped up.

TBH, what disappoints is that the MCU Spider-Man feels to be drifting further away from the "Ground level" superheroics that made "Homecoming" a breath of fresh air. The "friendly neighbourhood" aspect ignored. Despite some notable exceptions, Spider-Man always felt better suited telling more personal stakes stories, rather than being involved in cosmic crisises.

Or even a post credit sting like Howard the Duck in GotG. Sony's big Spider-man property at the moment is the Spiderverse so it could even be an animated post credit sting which would be pretty cool. They're probably pretty close release wise.

https://fandomwire.com/spider-man-3-tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-signed-on/

Urgh, tbh. I kinda feel this does cheapen the special thing they have going with the MCU. If it's genuine.

I wonder will the Fox X-Men universe be an alternate reality too.

If it wasnt for both Logan neatly finishing of Stewart (and Jackman's) time as Xavier and the fact X-Men is 20 years old I would love the idea of McKellen, Stewart, Grammer and Jackman all joining MCU but thats juat a non runner. I think the Fox-verse did nail a suprising amount of castings despite its faults as a whole.

If New Mutants wasn't such a disaster I could haveexpected Marvel to maybe port across those characters by possibly showing Strange in Limbo/meeting Yana whatever.

But I think Foxverse is dead and gone.

There's a rumour going around that the Sinister 6 will consist of villains from across the multiverse, so it's possible that Garfield and Maguire will have decent roles.

It's ambitious I'll give them that. It'd be cool to see them back, both Garfield and Maguire ultimately got a raw deal with their respective stints the former in particular.

That being said I'll wait for a better source. :pac:

• Advertisement

That being said I'll wait for a better source. :pac:

To be 100% clear I'm not supporting that sites claims for a second :D

Advertisement