Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Might finally get a payoff to the end of Amazing Spider-Man 2.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That Spidey story has blown up today but it all seems to lead back to the article I posted, so still just a crazy rumour, really.

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1318864524116623360?s=20

Who would you want back? Doc Samson? The real Mandarin? The Leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Mandarin would be the way to go for me that would then link into Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1318864524116623360?s=20

Who would you want back? Doc Samson? The real Mandarin? The Leader?

I would think some small little continuity nods that the fandom will understand, such as the reporter Tony slept with in IM1 or a few random shield agents.

But Doc Samson or the leader would be amazing.

• Advertisement

I would think some small little continuity nods that the fandom will understand, such as the reporter Tony slept with in IM1 or a few random shield agents.

But Doc Samson or the leader would be amazing.

You'd hope now Marvel Studios is completely in charge of the TV without Loeb, Netflix, and Perlmutter involved they'll go a bit more all in on having the continuity tighter, and throw in some potential big boys.

‘Moon Knight’: Oscar Isaac Tapped To Star In Marvel And Disney+ Series
    With his time in the Star Wars franchise coming to an end, Oscar Isaac now sets his sights on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Deadline is hearing he is in negotiations to star as Moon Knight in the Marvel and Disney+ series based on the comic book hero.

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s comic book adaptation of the Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on the series for the streamer.

Moon Knight aka Marc Spector, is a mercenary who has numerous alter egos — cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant — in order to better fight the criminal underworld. But later he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. Most recently, the character was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight.

Marvel and Disney+ will now look to attach a director to the series. No production start date has been set. Marvel had no comment.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/moon-knight-oscar-isaac-marvel-1234602805/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

So Apocalypse is Moon Knight :confused:

So Apocalypse is Moon Knight :confused:

No weirder than the Human Torch being Cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Or Batman being The Vulture.

The best part of it is the fact that very few people, for very good reason, will remember Oscar Isaac played Apocalypse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Or Michael B Jordon being Human Torch and Killmonger!

Reynolds played two different versions of Deadpool and green lantern.

Affleck was Batman and Dardevil, and played an actor plahing superman in a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Stan Lee playing about 30 different characters across all superhero movies.

Penn wrote: »

The best part of it is the fact that very few people, for very good reason, will remember Oscar Isaac played Apocalypse.

I've nothing against Issac for Apocalypse other than feeling sorry for him for signing up to such an I'll conceived interpretation of the character.

What irks me most is that this will probably be the only time Apocalypse appears in live action for a long time. It's up there with the Venom misfire in 2007 in terms of the biggest travesties committed in the genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

MCU will definitley revist Apocalypse down the road when they get the X-men going ahead

Apocalypse is currently undergoing a series of major retcons the last two years so the character that is introduced in the MCU will likely have the new different origin.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Apocalypse is currently undergoing a series of major retcons the last two years so the character that is introduced in the MCU will likely have the new different origin.

Is one of them where he's a kid going to school? No thanks if so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Penn wrote: »

Come now that was Birdman as Vulture ;)

benedict cumberbatch as both Dr Strange and Dormammu was another

‘Moon Knight’: Mohamed Diab To Direct Marvel’s Disney+ Series

Clash helmer Mohamed Diab has been tapped to direct Moon Knight, the Marvel series for Disney+ based on the comic book hero, Deadline has learned.

Nobody is commenting, but we hear that the Egyptian filmmaker has boarded the drama starring Oscar Isaac as the title character Moon Knight, aka Marc Spector, a mercenary who has numerous alter egos — cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant — in order to better fight the criminal underworld. But later he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. Most recently, the character was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight.

Moon Knight was created by Doug Moench and Don Perlin and appeared in the August 1975 issue Werewolf by Night #32.

Jeremy Slater is the TV project’s showrunner, leading the writing team on the series.

Diab’s film Eshtebak (Clash) was an official selection at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, in the Un Certain Regard category. He is also known for his directorial debut film Cairo 678, which was released a month before the Egyptian revolution. Diab also wrote the blockbuster Egyptian franchise El Gezeira (The Island), which are among the highest grossing Egyptian and Arabic films of all time. His next feature, Amira is eyed for release in 2021.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/moon-knight-mohamed-diab-to-direct-marvels-disney-series-1234604345/

No weirder than the Human Torch being Cap.
    Sirsok wrote: »
    Or Michael B Jordon being Human Torch and Killmonger!

What are the bets whoever is playing the new Human Torch gets a second role as an in joke in the MCU? :D

• Advertisement

Failing to see the pull of Disney Plus so far. No reason why Wandavision gets released in January instead of December other than staggering shows (I understand a show called Soul has been earmarked for December once the Mando ends).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Failing to see the pull of Disney Plus so far. No reason why Wandavision gets released in January instead of December other than staggering shows (I understand a show called Soul has been earmarked for December once the Mando ends).

For me the pull is having everything Disney in one place where you know it's not going to disappear randomly due to licence agreements. Soul is the new Pixar film, not a show it will be the big Christmas release.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    For me the pull is having everything Disney in one place where you know it's not going to disappear randomly due to licence agreements. Soul is the new Pixar film, not a show it will be the big Christmas release.

Yeah I know but how many times are you going to watch the stuff that won't disappear. Maybe I need to see a full list of their content but every time I log on and see the MCU/Star Wars, I've no particular motivation to watch something.

The animated shows was the original pull for me. Suppose I shouldn't be complaining for 7.99 a month but the €20 they charged for Mulan rubbed me up the wrong way big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,711 ✭✭✭SteM

Anyone that paid for Mulan must be touched. Those live action remakes are so hit and miss.

I didn't pay for it but it set a precedent that I didn't like. But whatever anyway, not like I'm locked into a sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SteM wrote: »
    Anyone that paid for Mulan must be touched. Those live action remakes are so hit and miss.

They are utter ****e, and an insult to the far superior animated originals.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I thought this was confirmed before!

IDK man, if it was I'm only seeing it now.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    IDK man, if it was I'm only seeing it now.

It was certainly speculated anyway around the time the Foxx news broke.

Advertisement