Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Would have liked to see Dafoe returning instead but Molina is still pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Would have liked to see Dafoe returning instead but Molina is still pretty cool.

I would imagine they're saving Norman Osbourne for future films maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'd have liked to see Chris Cooper's Osbourne. Then again, if this is a Spider-verse thing, that might still happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dunst and Maguire are reported to be in talks to return.

I have a feeling a lot of these will be token cameos as they jump through the Multiverse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

There's a fine line between fun callbacks and fan service w&nk, so i hope marvel hasn't lost the run of itself that these cameos(?) ruin the film. Though I'm still salty it won't be a simple "neighborhood Spiderman" story. I prefer the character at street level than this nu- Stark the MCU is angling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'll be amazed if we dont get both Maguire, Garfield and Barnes at this point.

Could they get Stone for Spider Gwen is what I'm wondering.

Not a bad shout.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Deadline are reporting we will be hearing Marvel news from a Disney investor call tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I hadn't thought of that, but that's an excellent spitball. AFAIK Spider-Gwen is very popular in the comics circles so would be a bit of a no-brainer for live action.

• Advertisement

Can't claim credit for it given it's being speculated elsewhere. :D Would be great to see Garfield bounce off that version of Gwen, where their opposites were the ones that died in the respective universes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'd say they would go for a younger actress for SpiderGwen (or Ghost Spider as she goes by now) seeing as in the comics she is much younger.

I wouldnt mind a live action Nic Cage Spider-Man:Noir either while we are on the topic crossovers.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind a live action Nic Cage Spider-Man:Noir either while we are on the topic crossovers.
    That would be good but I'd prefer if he shows up as Johnny Blaze if they ever being in Robbie Reyes to the MCU

That would be good but I'd prefer if he shows up as Johnny Blaze if they ever being in Robbie Reyes to the MCU

Dunno how to break this to you...

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Rider

Already knew he was in Agent's of SHIELD but never thought the show was treated as part of the MCU after the last few seasons

Already knew he was in Agent's of SHIELD but never thought the show was treated as part of the MCU after the last few seasons

It is, however I am not sure if it will for long, as the Marvel TV division it was made under (led by Jeph Loeb) has been folded under Marvel's cinematic wing proper.

This means it's a direct report to Feige now. It's possible when the new Disney+ stuff gets delivered, all previous MCU tv stuff will get, as a Star Trek fan might say, beta canonised.

Stone as Spider Gwen might give Robbie as Harley Quinn as run for her money when it comes to who will be the most cosplayed over the next few years.

Grace is saying this somehow takes the shine off the Flash movie. Can't see it myself I'll be in the line to see both.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlie Cox Daredevil rumoured for Spiderman too now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He was brilliant as Daredevil.... i might go as far to say, Daredevil, season 1, was one of the best shows, i have ever seen...

Grace is saying this somehow takes the shine off the Flash movie. Can't see it myself I'll be in the line to see both.

Grace just says stuff tbh. Your average person doesn't care about stuff like this at all, if anything if they're both multiversey, having one out there will make the general public stomach the other one a bit easier as they're used to the idea (which Spider-Verse has already helped)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

There's been a crap tonne of rumours over the last couple of days about Spidey 3. Disney have an investor call tonight where they are supposed to be announcing some stuff for their Marvel slate.

If they have secured Cox, I wouldn't be surprised if he's rolled out to distract from what now must be the dumpster fire of a potential Black Panther 2 reveal they were probably gonna talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Grace just says stuff tbh. Your average person doesn't care about stuff like this at all, if anything if they're both multiversey, having one out there will make the general public stomach the other one a bit easier as they're used to the idea (which Spider-Verse has already helped)

There's been a crap tonne of rumours over the last couple of days about Spidey 3. Disney have an investor call tonight where they are supposed to be announcing some stuff for their Marvel slate.

If they have secured Cox, I wouldn't be surprised if he's rolled out to distract from what now must be the dumpster fire of a potential Black Panther 2 reveal they were probably gonna talk about.

I dont think Cox is a big enough name to be 'rolled' anywhere, especially not on an investors call. :pac: It is more the type of announcement that would get a pop at comic con or the likes.

What I'm really intrigued by is all these leaks/negotiations just at this point, as they've already been filming for a while. It definitely points to them being more minor roles than anything substantial to the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I dont think Cox is a big enough name to be 'rolled' anywhere, especially not on an investors call. :pac: It is more the type of announcement that would get a pop at comic con or the likes.

What I'm really intrigued by is all these leaks/negotiations just at this point, as they've already been filming for a while. It definitely points to them being more minor roles than anything substantial to the story.

If Strange is involved I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a 5 minute Dr Strange esque trip of Holland's going through different universes.

Disney to launch 10 new Marvel series over the next few years.

MoonKnight, Ironheart, Armor Wars and Secret Invasion series announced.

A live action GotG Christmas Special for 2021.

A series of short live action I am Groot series.

Tatiana Maslany confirmed as She-Hulk and she will be joined by Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk and Tim Roth as The Abomination

https://deadline.com/2020/12/she-hulk-mark-ruffalo-tim-roth-joining-tatiana-maslany-disney-series-1234654551/

• Advertisement

The cross over between series and film will continue as Ms. Marvel star Iman Vellani and Teyonah Parris as the WandaVision character Monica Rambeau join the cast of Captain Marvel 2.

Advertisement