Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    It's hard for Evans to play hardball given they've already established two potential replacements.

I'd personally prefer to see him continue on in the role but the truth is that in cinematic terms, Rodgers' story doesn't leave a lot more to tell. Ditto Thor.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 4 years we have a female Thor and Mackie as Cap.

Oh no I'm not talking about should he be playing hardball, just that if it was his last film as cap I would like to go in not knowing that Evans is leaving after the film as his contract is up.

I'm saying knowing that information would mean going in knowing his death is likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't think Bucky should qualify cos he's more broken, and it's not like an arc can't be written for Wilson if the need arose. IF they hand the shield to someone else, I guarantee the first story will be a total 'I can't live up to the mantle' and bingo, an arc appears, that either character can take.

Honestly, Bucky is the closest the MCU has come to the Synderverse in tone and I'd prefer not to see all that angst wrapped around ostensibly the most ideologically pure character. That purity is what made Winter Soldier's story work as well as it did, that juxtaposition against our more... grubbier and cynical world. Having Bucky as Cap negates that purity somewhat IMO.

If Bucky comes across as angsty that's because he's supposed to be, that's the character. As opposed to Snyder who arguably wrongly applied a dark edge to Superman, the MCU adapted Bucky straight out of the comics.

The thing about making Bucky Cap is that he comes out of that darkness and starts to embrace the purity and light that Rodgers did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

As opposed to Snyder who arguably wrongly applied a dark edge to Superman

For another thread but there's no arguably about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gunn asked if he has seen the trailer for Thor.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/845821921887322112

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder when the rest us mere mortals will get to see it

• Advertisement

The last of the promo pic's for Homecoming.

Spider-Man-Homecoming-Poster-3-680x850.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The last of the promo pic's for Homecoming.

They really cant seem to decide where Stark/Avengers tower is on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sony executive Amy Pascal, Sony would have the option to remove Spider-Man from the MCU after the Homecoming sequel.

Sony executive Amy Pascal, Sony would have the option to remove Spider-Man from the MCU after the Homecoming sequel.

image014.gif

• Advertisement

Strange but obviously a concession made by Marvel Studios in the upmost confidence. I've a feeling by the time that option can be taken Sony will have no intention of activating it.

Zac Efron deleted a tweet saying he was getting fitted for his role as Venom. Likely an April Fools.

Strange but obviously a concession made by Marvel Studios in the upmost confidence. I've a feeling by the time that option can be taken Sony will have no intention of activating it.

Agreed. When they see the money Homecoming brings in, they'll be happy enough.

Thor: Ragnarok trailer may air tomorrow during AoS in the States.

First scene of Spider-Man: Homecoming.
    The film literally begins in the shadow of Stark Tower, now with its trademark “A” still hanging on. Michael Keaton’s Toomes has arrived with his boys to begin the clean-up process, a nice little contract he’s picked up for his salvage business, only to be stopped by the Department of Damage Control (a nod to the classic Marvel comic series) who are taking over the clean up and send Toomes away.

Following that, and the Sony and Marvel logos, things will jump into the middle of Civil War, just after Tony Stark has recruited Peter to his side of the fight. A montage will show Peter’s exploits in leaving New York, riding on a private jet to Germany, and taking place in the big airport fight. We’ll also see what he did right after that, hanging around in Europe… literally, as he explores the world in his brand-new Spider-Man suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

He's a friend from work made me laugh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks lots of fun, speaking as someone for whom Thor is one of their least favourite characters in the MCU.

It also seems like the one film Marvel should turn off that colour grading template of theirs: it looks so fantastically colourful, yet as muted as the rest of the MCU.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That looks like it is going to be mental fun.

Also it looks like the went with the Stranger Things graphics guys for the titles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Went from no real interest to interest. Looks like they're tying into the Guardians of the Galaxy universe and also channelling it's vibe.

What's the story with the retro-ey type GotG vibe? At least GotG had a reason to be retro! suppose it's not a bad thing due to the pure vanilla and indifference of TDW.

Cate Blanchett looks amazing anyway, really looking forward to her Hela.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What's the story with the retro-ey type GotG vibe? At least GotG had a reason to be retro! suppose it's not a bad thing due to the pure vanilla and indifference of TDW.

Well, I thought it was just because of the sound track, immigrant song (which is about vikings) from the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wouldn't really class it as retro, just generally colourful. A good way to go considering how bland Thor 2 was as you said. And they're going to different planets and stuff which allows for using stronger colours in general.

Thor 2 is probably my least favourite MCU film (which is disappointing in itself as I loved Thor 1). This trailer really gives me high hopes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Penn wrote: »
    I wouldn't really class it as retro, just generally colourful. A good way to go considering how bland Thor 2 was as you said. And they're going to different planets and stuff which allows for using stronger colours in general.

Thor 2 is probably my least favourite MCU film (which is disappointing in itself as I loved Thor 1). This trailer really gives me high hopes though.

the more colorful vibe i took as them saying there visting planets beyond what thor/asgardians have seen before as they never reached these realms before.

James Gunn Returns to Write and Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3’

http://www.thewrap.com/james-gunn-write-direct-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3/

James Gunn Returns to Write and Direct ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3’

http://www.thewrap.com/james-gunn-write-direct-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3/

Great news and a good indication that Marvel is more than happy with Vol. 2.

So how long before Gunn gets the unavoidable question of what he's got planned for Vol.3 on the promo run for Vol.2?

• Advertisement

GoTG will have 5 post credit scenes.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/854214331730407427

Advertisement