Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) Movies **Use Spoiler Tags**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That's a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lots of movies still to come, five is a lot but big movies coming soon in the next two years the post credit scenes are always short but not always to the point and sometimes just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'd guess for
    1) Thanos/Infinity Stone
    2) Baby Groot
    3) AntMan & Wasp ???
    4) ?
    5) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,640 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would imagine one or two of them will be in joke stingers and the others will be linked to the rest of the MCU.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I would imagine one or two of them will be in joke stingers and the others will be linked to the rest of the MCU.

Well Marvel have already blown the next movie the Guardians are appearing in so I would guess the majority will be self referential to the film and one or two will lead into that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, they were fun at the start when the MCU was new & mysterious, the stingers adding a little excitement to what this MCU might include, but it all seems a little redundant and patience-trying now. Personally I've stopped hanging about at the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,698 ✭✭✭✭Penn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, they were fun at the start when the MCU was new & mysterious, the stingers adding a little excitement to what this MCU might include, but it all seems a little redundant and patience-trying now. Personally I've stopped hanging about at the credits.

I'll hang about for mid-credits scenes, but end-credits... ah I'll just catch them on youtube later.

If they're serious about how many mid-credit scenes there are in GOTG2, I'd say they're fairly short and just showing small snippets of how people come together in A:IW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

not sure what the big deal is..... If it is part of the movie, I'll watch it...

Penn wrote: »
    I'll hang about for mid-credits scenes, but end-credits... ah I'll just catch them on youtube later.

If they're serious about how many mid-credit scenes there are in GOTG2, I'd say they're fairly short and just showing small snippets of how people come together in A:IW.
    Yeah plus I imagine Groot will probably have a "growth spurt" or something taking him out of his baby stage similar to the last scene showing him in Baby Form dancing behind Drax.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah plus I imagine Groot will probably have a "growth spurt" or something taking him out of his baby stage similar to the last scene showing him in Baby Form dancing behind Drax.

Maybe they'll have taking a cutting of him and that will be growing in the after credits sting.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Marvel returning to San Diego Comic Con this year.

http://themarvelreport.com/2017/04/marvel-studios-returning-sdcc-2017/

Marvel have confirmed there won't be a Phase 4 to the MCU and Avengers 4 will be the last of this story.

I guessing it will be rebooted then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I wouldn't expect a reboot as things are working quite well with the actors they have at their disposal. Especially given they already announced continuity sequels outside of phase 3.

If I was to guess I'd say while they won't use the word phase, they'd probably start grouping films together as an overall "saga".

For example rather than solo films you might have a trilogy or whatever using all characters and actors at their disposal. It would actually be a convenient way of taking the power away from the major players too when it comes to contract renewals.

Marvel have confirmed there won't be a Phase 4 to the MCU and Avengers 4 will be the last of this story.

This in it's own way makes sense, seeing as Infinity War and the 4th Avengers is the ultimate conclusion of what's come before in the last 11 years.

We're just gonna have to wait and see where they go post Avengers 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Can't see them rebooting the whole thing. Way too much time and effort building the universe to throw it away and start again. You can see how DC are scrambling trying to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It would be cool if they can wrap up this creation well.

It had ups and it has had downs but overall, it's absolutley blows out of the water what came before it.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Can't see them rebooting the whole thing. Way too much time and effort building the universe to throw it away and start again. You can see how DC are scrambling trying to catch up.

A reboot in the James Bond sense just replace the lead actors playing the main characters.

I just can't see them not using Tony or Cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect a reboot as things are working quite well with the actors they have at their disposal. Especially given they already announced continuity sequels outside of phase 3.

If I was to guess I'd say while they won't use the word phase, they'd probably start grouping films together as an overall "saga".

For example rather than solo films you might have a trilogy or whatever using all characters and actors at their disposal. It would actually be a convenient way of taking the power away from the major players too when it comes to contract renewals.

This. I'd imagine they're going to play it as a three act story. Three phases of The Infinity War Saga and then on to a brand new three phase saga. No reboot, just the end of "season one", as it were.

• Advertisement

Sebastian Stan being Cap and adding in the likes of Hercules, Kamala Khan etc. Not a big problem. Been hundreds of Avengers.

I'm actually amazed at the cast Marvel Studios are managing. Would love to see how they're all paid.

I'm actually amazed at the cast Marvel Studios are managing. Would love to see how they're all paid.

Robert Downey is at the top all by himself, he reportedly earned a cool $40 million for his role in Captain America: Civil War.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Robert Downey is at the top all by himself, he reportedly earned a cool $40 million for his role in Captain America: Civil War.

Money well spent!

This. I'd imagine they're going to play it as a three act story. Three phases of The Infinity War Saga and then on to a brand new three phase saga. No reboot, just the end of "season one", as it were.

Secret wars, secret invasion and world war hulk are just three examples.

If they can somehow make a Sony type deal with fox then the X Men would make things even more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

There's not a chance they'll reboot, sure they've only just launched Dr Strange and Ant-Man and Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man haven't even kicked off. What I'd hope they'd do is stop announcing Avengers films 5 years in advance and allow audiences to enjoy the new set of heroes on their own terms without having the need for a load of forced tie-ins. It seems to be the biggest criticism of their overall plan is that it's in the open and therefore difficult to create jeopardy when the audience knows a hero can't die because they're going to appear in Avengers 7 in 3 years.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    There's not a chance they'll reboot, sure they've only just launched Dr Strange and Ant-Man and Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Spider-Man haven't even kicked off. What I'd hope they'd do is stop announcing Avengers films 5 years in advance and allow audiences to enjoy the new set of heroes on their own terms without having to need for a load of forced tie-ins. It seems to be the biggest criticism of their overall plan is that it's in the open and therefore difficult to create jeopardy when the audience knows a hero is going can't die because they're going to appear in Avengers 7 in 3 years.

Pretty much this, when the credits on Avengers 4 roll, they should just let them roll, no mid or end credits scene/no teasing what comes next, leave the audience wondering - depending on how Avengers 4 will end..

And with Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, The Wasp, Black Panther, Captain Marvel & Spider-Man, you pretty much got The New Avengers line up, for when the need for another Avengers film is there, and also build it up, don't advertise it x amount of years before it's released as was done with Infinity War and Avengers 4.

Secret wars, secret invasion and world war hulk are just three examples.

If they can somehow make a Sony type deal with fox then the X Men would make things even more exciting.

I've always been against the idea of including X-Men in the MCU. I don't think Sony have it. I think almost every X-Film has been a fumble so I'd rather not have them taint the MCU. I'd much rather they strike a deal for Fantastic Four so they can use Doctor Doom and Galactus!

Galactus is a dream I still hold onto. The last FF was so God damn awful that if there was ever a window for fox to come to the table, it's through the FF. They have too much going on with the X universe to share with the MCU.

• Advertisement

Then again my dream of apocalypse was ruined.

Advertisement