Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bib shorts.

Options
  • 04-04-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm starting to do regular spins , kms don't matter but I'm spending 3-4 hours in the saddle and will be longer as time goes on . I'm about to buy bib shorts soon to get used to them for an 200km spin in ten weeks.
    I'm done with buying lots of various cheaper bits and bobs and intend to buy once and buy correctly . I'm liking DBH reviews.
    So honest reviews and recommendations are very helpful.....oh and the clincher..cream or no cream lol , I've never used it yet but I would appreciate and know I'll get honest replies...
    Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Endura FS260 Pro. Probably the most comfortable shorts I've used.

With cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

I have tried Castelli, Bioracer, Santini etc... however my favourite for general fit & pad comfort is the DHB ASV. Can't fault it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Castelli endurance x2, progetto x2 pad

No cream

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Borderfox wrote: »
    Castelli endurance x2, progetto x2 pad

No cream

agreed. the kiss pads on the castelli are the lower end ones, but still more comfortable than most, the higher end pads though are excellent and well worth the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Spin11 make the most comfortable shorts I own, I've 4 pairs of DHB shorts. all good for 100+km days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I'm going to have to throw my lot in with the Castelli snobs, I have some lovely dhb winter gear but if I'm wandering around Wicklow for the day it's Castelli for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Santini with Assos cream.
    Prendas.co.uk usually have offers on Santini shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

I posted the below in response to same question 6 months ago. Not sure if they're still available but very good shorts.

Santini `EDGE` Bibshorts (Team Issue NAT Insert) Cost Stg£85 on Prendas.
    These are very comfy. The gel insert really helps. The blurb says they are pro issue, done in standard colours for joe public. I bought a large and it fits well. I'd normally be large or medium in almost all clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Sorry to hijack but was anyone able to source the Castelli Endurance X2 bib shorts in a LBS or did everyone purchase online?

Have a major event coming up on 20th June and concerned if I order online and get the sizing wrong that I'll be in the manure business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

crosstownk wrote: »
    Endura FS260 Pro. Probably the most comfortable shorts I've used.

With cream.
    I purchased these , with cream...and have done 1800km in the last 9 weeks longest spin of 169km , they are fab, I'm 86 kg size 34/35 waist 189cm tall and large is perfect size. Also have galibier team and XL is that size.
    Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭strmin

Castelli free aero from amazon.de. I ordered on Sunday, received on Tuesday.
    https://www.amazon.de/Castelli-Free-Aero-Bibshorts-Black-Blue/dp/B00TEYPSSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465369599&sr=8-1&keywords=castelli+free+aero

Bargain as well comparing to Wiggle, Chainreaction..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

D33 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but was anyone able to source the Castelli Endurance X2 bib shorts in a LBS or did everyone purchase online?

Have a major event coming up on 20th June and concerned if I order online and get the sizing wrong that I'll be in the manure business.

did you try base2race in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

D33 wrote: »

I know you asked about B&M stores, but if it helps you in gauging sizing, I bought XXL online, and and I'm about 1.91m tall, and weigh a bit over 90kg, and they're bang on in terms of fit. Personally one of my bugbears about online reviews is when people comment on a particular size being right or (more commonly) wrong for them, but provide no context of their own size! Fantastic shorts though.

I think CSS in Tallaght have them on their website, so should have them in store too if that helps either!

EDIT: They have them online still, but sizes seem to be pretty limited :(http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=87301

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

moonshadow wrote: »
    I purchased these , with cream...and have done 1800km in the last 9 weeks longest spin of 169km , they are fab, I'm 86 kg size 34/35 waist 189cm tall and large is perfect size. Also have galibier team and XL is that size.
    Hope this helps.
    FWIW, I bought these last month and am loving them. I'm 182cm and bought a medium. Bum was in amazingly good order after 140k in Kerry.

Am a big fan of the DHB bibshorts, too. The only reason I upgraded mine was because they were bright blue. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sprite0

Another vote here for the Endura FS260 Pro SL. I have put over 2000km into mine since I got them and can't fault them. Expensive but worth it. Would use a dollop of cream on longer spins.

They have scored as high or higher than so of the posher brands in lots of reviews.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/reviews/shorts/endura-fs260-pro-bibshorts-64-99

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/clothing/jersey-and-bib-shorts/product/review-endura-fs260-pro-sl-15-49486/

Advertisement