Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Statement Query

Options
  • 04-04-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I cleared my credit card last week and I am looking to top up my Credit Union loan and want to show that it is cleared but have been told that I can't get a statement out of cycle, which isn't until the 14th of April for me.

Is there any documentation I can get sooner than that which I could use as supporting documentation for my loan application?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

PhilTorres wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I cleared my credit card last week and I am looking to top up my Credit Union loan and want to show that it is cleared but have been told that I can't get a statement out of cycle, which isn't until the 14th of April for me.

Is there any documentation I can get sooner than that which I could use as supporting documentation for my loan application?

Thanks in advance.
    Good Afternoon PhilTorres, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, while you can't order an out of cycle statement you do have the option to get a balance certificate. This will show your current available cleared balance on your card. You can use this for your loan application instead. To order this please go to the Online Service Desk and from the drop down menu, please select Balance Certificate (if this option is not available to you, you can chose 'Ask A Question' to make this request. 

I hope this answers you query, and please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Thanks, 
    Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭PhilTorres

PhilTorres wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.
    Good Afternoon PhilTorres, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie, while you can't order an out of cycle statement you do have the option to get a balance certificate. This will show your current available cleared balance on your card. You can use this for your loan application instead. To order this please go to the Online Service Desk and from the drop down menu, please select Balance Certificate (if this option is not available to you, you can chose 'Ask A Question' to make this request. 

I hope this answers you query, and please let us know if there is anything else we can help with. 

Thanks, 
    Evie
    Thanks for coming back to me so quick Evie.

Unfortunately I don't have 365 set up for the Credit Card and when I called Credit Card services they were unsure of what I was looking for. Is there another term used for Balance Certificate or should I be calling somewhere else.

Thanks agian and sorry for all the questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi PhilTorres, 

Apologies, the staff member may have been unsure of what your were requesting. A balance certificate for a credit card is a letter confirming your balance.

If you call Card Services on 0818 251 251 a representative will be happy to arrange this for you. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement