Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate Manager No Restore Option?

Options
  • 04-04-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi, I've recently tried to restore my external hardrive by hooking it up and going into Seagate manager, but the restore option simply doesn't show up, any reason why this might be happening, thanks. I select the drives option, then backup option like it tells me, but restore doesn't appear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I presume you performed a backup previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kraft.l

degsie wrote: »
    I presume you performed a backup previously?

Yes when I select and open the external harddrive icon as an f drive previous backups are showing up 3 backups actually, all compressed when I go into the folders I don't go further then that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

To restore the most recent version of a file that you backed up to your drive:
    Step 1: Click My Drives in the Command panel.
    The My Drives page opens.
    Step 2: Select your drive.
    Step 3: Click Backup.
    The Backup window opens.
    Step 4: Click Restore the most recent version of a backed up file to restore the latest
    version of a file.

Are these the steps you are following?

The Backup window opens.
    Step 4: Click Restore the most recent version of a backed up file to restore the latest
    version of a file.

I'll do those steps again and get back to you.

The Backup window opens.
    version of a file.

Yep I've done all that, the restore option doesn't seem to show up when I get to that point though, wonder why that could be?

• Advertisement
Advertisement