Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auris 1.4D Terra/Luna tax bands, 200/270. Why?

• 04-04-2016 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi!

Apologies for repost. I accidentally posted in buying which is not really the main concern of the query.

I'm a little confused as to the difference in the tax of 2 cars.

I plan to buy a Toyota Auris 1.4 TD

The Luna (higher) model has 270 tax. (I have one lined up that I plan to get after inspection)
    The Terra model has 200 tax.

Is there a difference in the engines or something that I'm not seeing? Both appear to be about 1364cc

Regards,
    Andrew S

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Already answered in your thread in the buying section:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057581209

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We talking new or used cars?
    €70 is nothing. Terra is chronic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

colm_mcm wrote: »
    We talking new or used cars?
    €70 is nothing. Terra is chronic.

You say €70 is nothing but if I have one more person ask me "why is the tax so dear?" on a car we are selling that has tax of €270/280 I may well lose the plot entirely :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Andrew S wrote: »

The Luna (higher) model has 270 tax. (I have one lined up that I plan to get after inspection)
    The Terra model has 200 tax.

Luna has bigger wheels and air con which probably increases the co2 by the crucial few grams which moves it into the next band up from the Terra.

It didn't used to back in 08 anyway. I wonder if one is 5 speed and the other 6 speed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Could also be the MkI pre facelift v facelift which gained stop/start. Without any details on year from the OP we can only guess.

On a side note, it's gas the way some folk spending thousands on the car itself dwell on something as small as €70 difference between motor tax rates.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Andrew S

bazz26 wrote: »
    Already answered in your thread in the buying section:
    Yeah I saw, thanks for answering. Was just checking if anyone had another opinion or some source that showed this :D
    It didn't used to back in 08 anyway. I wonder if one is 5 speed and the other 6 speed?
    Seems all the Auris past 2010 have the 6 speed gearbox so doesn't look like that's it :D
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Could also be the MkI pre facelift v facelift which gained stop/start. Without any details on year from the OP we can only guess.

On a side note, it's gas the way some folk spending thousands on the car itself dwell on something as small as €70 difference between motor tax rates.
    The year is 2011 and I'm not worried about the 70eu extra to be honest, I'm just curious :)
    I had already made the decision to go for a Luna anyways.

Can you post links to the particular cars? UK models got the facelift much earlier than Ireland did.

Can you post links to the particular cars? UK models got the facelift much earlier than Ireland did.

Cant link directly since new user, its on Adverts.ie
    /car/toyota/auris/2011-toyota-auris/8687134
    It is a UK import, long reg number.

It's not the remade 2013 model (2012 in the UK) but the latest 2010-2012 model I think.
    Going seeing it this weekend and if there's no faults, will be taking it.

Opinions?

• Advertisement

be very careful. there's 4 owners on that car. which for a diesel auris is a good few.

it's not a uk import by the way. it is the later facelifted 6 speed model with a particule filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Andrew S wrote: »
    Yeah I saw, thanks for answering. Was just checking if anyone had another opinion or some source that showed this :D

What you meant to say was you didn't believe this explanation because you know relatively little about spec levels, taxation policies, aerodynamics, and emissions triggers and thought the answer you were given was b0ll0cks.

Anyway, you're all up to speed now :)

MojoMaker wrote: »
    What you meant to say was you didn't believe this explanation because you know relatively little about spec levels, taxation policies, aerodynamics, and emissions triggers and thought the answer you were given was b0ll0cks.

Anyway, you're all up to speed now :)

Partially true but I was just checking to see if someone was aware of any other differences like minor engine model difference or so.
    And yeah, I was planning to get a Luna for the higher specs anyways. Too bad it lacks cruise control on the car I'm getting.

Might ask a toyota garage how much it costs to install

have you done a history check on the one youre buying?

I haven't. I was looking into it but never got around to it.
    Thinking of it now, probably worth doing..
    On cartell there are 3 different options. Which should I go for?

I've just done the full check on cartell and found something a little concerning.

Apparently this car has had 4 owners in it's 5 years.
    A little concerning considering milage is pretty low and its supposed to be reliable...

Owner 1 = 8 months
    Owner 2 = 17 months
    Owner 3 = 20 months
    Owner 4 = 11 months.

Should I be concerned? Price does seem to be quite a bit lower than most others selling this car..
    I see the Luna at about 12000eu but this is going for 10,000..

I told you about that earlier today!

Seller is claiming 3owners, and that he bought it from the original owner who had it in his company's name originally, that can't be true.

It's just an above average number of owners, it's not a reason to not buy it, just something to be aware of.

There's a fair chance that it was a rental car, first regged in may, new owner 8 months later.
    Any idea on service history?

I told you about that earlier today!

Seller is claiming 3owners, and that he bought it from the original owner who had it in his company's name originally, that can't be true.

It's just an above average number of owners, it's not a reason to not buy it, just something to be aware of.

There's a fair chance that it was a rental car, first regged in may, new owner 8 months later.
    Any idea on service history?

Hey Colm
    I sent you the cartell report in a private message a moment ago.
    Just realised that both owner 1+2 were indeed commercial so maybe seller is actually being legit with that claim

Advertisement