Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a similar .ie domain to your actual name

Options
  • 04-04-2016 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Is it possible to register a domain name DaveFinlay.ie when your actual name is DavidFinlay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Is it possible to register a domain name DaveFinlay.ie when your actual name is DavidFinlay?
    Under the current rules you'd need to have some sort of official document, such as a utility bill, with "Dave" instead of "David" 

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

Blacknight wrote: »
    Under the current rules you'd need to have some sort of official document, such as a utility bill, with "Dave" instead of "David" 
    Thanks, thought as much but said I'd ask the question, I'll pick a different TLD with my own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Blacknight wrote: »
    Thanks, thought as much but said I'd ask the question, I'll pick a different TLD with my own name.
    No problem. Be sure to check our current offers / discounts etc., over on http://domainoffers.me/

Advertisement