Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir modem charge

Options
  • 05-04-2016 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thunder storm in February blow my eircom modem out of wall socket and damaged the line outside.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After 3 weeks of technicians calling with no results I cancelled my broadband.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today I got a bill for 120 euro for two modems.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I believe I should have returned the modem when contract was cancelled but no idea where the second modem has come out of.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Any advice[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thunder storm in February blow my eircom modem out of wall socket and damaged the line outside.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]After 3 weeks of technicians calling with no results I cancelled my broadband.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today I got a bill for 120 euro for two modems.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I believe I should have returned the modem when contract was cancelled but no idea where the second modem has come out of.[/font]
    Hi Hedgecutter,

Thanks for getting in touch :) 

When closing an account you would be required to return the modem to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. These charges would be automatically generated on your account however due to the circumstances you should not be charged for the modem.  
    Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will arrange to remove this charge.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Hi Hedgecutter,

When closing an account you would be required to return the modem to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. These charges would be automatically generated on your account however due to the circumstances you should not be charged for the modem.  
    Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will arrange to remove this charge.

-Pamela 
    PM sent Pamela

Hi Hedgecutter,

-Pamela 
    PM sent Pamela
    Thanks Hedgecutter :)

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Hi Hedgecutter,

-Pamela 
    PM sent Pamela

-Pamela 
    Hi,
    Another bill from Eir arrived in today saying charges brought forward
    PM sent

Hi Hedgecutter,

-Pamela 
    PM sent Pamela

-Pamela 
    Hi,
    Another bill from Eir arrived in today saying charges brought forward
    PM sent
    Hi Hedgecutter,

I have checked your account and this is the closing bill to confirm the account is now closed and there is no further balance owed.
    I have also responded to your PM to confirm this :)

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
Advertisement