Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of money in branch

Options
  • 05-04-2016 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi there
    I need to transfer a large sum of money to a State body.
    The IBAN and BIC of the account 'cannot be added as a payee' on 365 online - I have checked this is correct.
    I went into a branch yesterday to do it and there was nothing but cash machines, telephones and fancy chairs.
    How do I do it?
    Alternatively I could get a cheque written but again there was nobody around to ask to do that for me.
    I pay the best part of 50 quid every 3 months for my account, I have been with you since I was 12 and have my mortgage with you but if this is going to take an extended phone call on hold/to robots or something else ridiculous, I'm moving banks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi there
    I need to transfer a large sum of money to a State body.
    The IBAN and BIC of the account 'cannot be added as a payee' on 365 online - I have checked this is correct.
    I went into a branch yesterday to do it and there was nothing but cash machines, telephones and fancy chairs.
    How do I do it?
    Alternatively I could get a cheque written but again there was nobody around to ask to do that for me.
    I pay the best part of 50 quid every 3 months for my account, I have been with you since I was 12 and have my mortgage with you but if this is going to take an extended phone call on hold/to robots or something else ridiculous, I'm moving banks.
    Good Afternoon mmooney1983, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, sorry to hear you didn't have your query resolved in the branch and we would like to look into this further for you. If you would like to PM us your details we would be happy to investigate this further, can you also include your name and the branch you visited in the PM?

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement