Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assisted Voluntary Sale - Help!

Options
  • 05-04-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

OK, so I have a question that I can not seem to find any information on online.

We have recently negotiated an assisted voluntary sale option with a complete write off on the shortfall, we have not signed with the solicitors yet, but will be doing so in the coming weeks, but before we do this I want to know what happens after...

Current situation:
    Mortgage: 300k
    Arrears: 23k
    House Valued: 200k

With securing the write down it means we do not have to go insolvent, which I thought was a good option, but with the assisted voluntary sale option, will I ever get a mortgage again?

If I went insolvent, I believe there is a 5 year period where I could not apply, but officially is there a period tied to the AVS option with the write down?

Our plan is to save as much as possible for the next 15-20 months, trying to get a deposit on a future mortgage, but am I wasting my time doing this, or is it at the banks discretion?

any help or advice would be amazing

Cheers

Advertisement