Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RaboDirect for Mortgage Savings

• 05-04-2016 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all

Myself and my partner are considering opening up a Rabodirect account in order to save for a house.

However a friend recently told us that Rabodirect would not be suitable for Mortgage savings

I just wanted to check with the users here whether they had any advice on this?

Would we better off saving through a building society?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭wench

I had some of my savings with Rabo when applying for my mortgage, and had no problems with it.
    Just provided a printout of the pdf statement with my application, and it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi all

Myself and my partner are considering opening up a Rabodirect account in order to save for a house.

However a friend recently told us that Rabodirect would not be suitable for Mortgage savings

I just wanted to check with the users here whether they had any advice on this?

Would we better off saving through a building society?

Why would they not be suitable?

Once you have proof of savings, the lender won't really care if it's in a bank, credit union etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭LizardKing82

Thats what i thought myself!

Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

You can get better rates than Rabo. For example, KBC pay 4.00% on their regular saver product if you adhere to the T&C's.

The BoI offer is a gimmick. BoI offer some of the highest mortgage rates on the market. Don't let the BoI savings product influence your mortgage provider decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement