Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA electronic transfer limit

Options
  • 05-04-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭

I have just added a payee of my solicitors client account, in order to transfer funds for a property purchase, to be told there is a limit of 10000 euro.

Why? and can it be got around, or do I have to get a draft?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I have just added a payee of my solicitors client account, in order to transfer funds for a property purchase, to be told there is a limit of 10000 euro.

Why? and can it be got around, or do I have to get a draft?
    Good Afternoon bonzodog2 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie For added security, payments to payees added using security code sent to your mobile phone are subject to a working day limit of €10,000. The alternative to this would be to add the payee again and wait for the code to come to you in the post, this would give you an increased daily limit of €20,000 per day. Alternatively you can get a draft which are available for any amounts over €500. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement