Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best network for small business, 10 mobiles

Options
  • 05-04-2016 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Currently with 02 or Three as it is now. No real issues and good value. Approx 12 mobiles and would like to have international data on 5/6 of them.

12 month contact with no phones, we buy ours direct and unlocked so we can change supplier every 12 months if we wish. Did this when we swapped from Vodafone and the bill dropped by the cost of an iphone each month so pointless getting them on contract.

Got out of last Vodafone contract early as their coverage in 2013/2014 was beyond rubbish so unless its vastly improved I cant see us going back there.

So looking for tarrif only package.
    Unlimited National Calls and SMS, 120 min to UK, 120 min International, 120 international SMS, 6GB Data, 120 min UK Roaming,120 min EU Roaming, 120 EU Roaming SMS

International Data roaming if possible as an add on, mainly UK, Europe some US and Asia

So who should I call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

traco wrote: »
    Hi guys

Currently with 02 or Three as it is now. No real issues and good value. Approx 12 mobiles and would like to have international data on 5/6 of them.

12 month contact with no phones, we buy ours direct and unlocked so we can change supplier every 12 months if we wish. Did this when we swapped from Vodafone and the bill dropped by the cost of an iphone each month so pointless getting them on contract.

Got out of last Vodafone contract early as their coverage in 2013/2014 was beyond rubbish so unless its vastly improved I cant see us going back there.

So looking for tarrif only package.
    Unlimited National Calls and SMS, 120 min to UK, 120 min International, 120 international SMS, 6GB Data, 120 min UK Roaming,120 min EU Roaming, 120 EU Roaming SMS

International Data roaming if possible as an add on, mainly UK, Europe some US and Asia

So who should I call?

Check out eir Mobile for Business. €20 pm ex vat for unlimited minutes, texts , free roaming in Europe and US with a free data allowance. Free international calls to UK, so you only need to pay for calls to other destinations. SIM only price. Proper 4G network unlike O2 and HD Voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

cb1959 wrote: »
    Check out eir Mobile for Business. €20 pm ex vat for unlimited minutes, texts , free roaming in Europe and US with a free data allowance. Free international calls to UK, so you only need to pay for calls to other destinations. SIM only price. Proper 4G network unlike O2 and HD Voice.

Thanks for that - will give them a call. Whats the coverage like nationally?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cb1959

traco wrote: »
    Thanks for that - will give them a call. Whats the coverage like nationally?

I have travelled widely around Ireland, and haven't noticed any major problems with coverage. I certainly find it far better than Three. In fact, I was in Aranmore (Aran Islands) recently, and had solid 4G performance everywhere we went on the island. The others with us who were on Vodafone kept losing signal and had to borrow our phones just to make voice calls, let alone 4G data! Of course, any mobile network will have the odd blackspot. but I would rank eir ahead of Three and on a par with Vodafone overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

cb1959 wrote: »
    I have travelled widely around Ireland, and haven't noticed any major problems with coverage. I certainly find it far better than Three. In fact, I was in Aranmore (Aran Islands) recently, and had solid 4G performance everywhere we went on the island. The others with us who were on Vodafone kept losing signal and had to borrow our phones just to make voice calls, let alone 4G data! Of course, any mobile network will have the odd blackspot. but I would rank eir ahead of Three and on a par with Vodafone overall.

Thanks for that, experience with Vodafone in 2013/14 meant that we coudl not even recieve a call in our warehouse in Naas. Motorway coverage was terrible. Overall a total disaster so went back to O2 and no problems for our business.

We are on the main motorways and in the major towns and cities, the odd remote one and I'm grand with dodgy coverage in those areas but Three has been great for us and 4G in most places.

I'm awaiting info from Vodafone but have been offered a competitive package from Three as of yesterday.

Contacted eir through their website and got a message stating reply in 1-2 days so thats not looking great particularly if thats the sales response. Also spoke to some other companies and the cust care feedback is not good. Initial impressions aren't great with eir even though at present they would appear to be the cheapest out there.

Advertisement