Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No idea what I'm doing!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Tuesday: Kind of trained, no running stuff.
    Wednesday: 2x300m open water swims, 1 minute break.
    Thursday: Played half a game, jogged about mostly..
    Sunday: Full match, played at wing and centre forward so got plenty of running in.

Left leg seems to be back working for the first time in over a month. Twinges and tightness in the hamstring are gone more or less since the weekend. 30 minutes to an hour a day of stretching and foam roller/ball work seems to have paid off.

Tuesday: Back in the pool, felt toasty :)

200 warm up
    4x100 alternating between pull buoy and finger drag/thigh tap
    400 First 400, took me 12 minutes but something to work with
    2x100 sw
    50 sw

1250m total in 45 mins - felt like crap today so got out early.. couldn't eat anything afterwards and ended up giving training a miss.

New pool targets I'm thinking now.. are to swim 400 in under 10 minutes(7.5 seconds a length faster) and a 600m. Hopefully be able to swim an 800 before the end of the summer.

Thursday: Training

Saturday: 1/2 match

Sunday: Bike 22km in 45 mins, 29 km/hr - 11km up back roads to tara hill and back. Tried to do 20 seconds hard 10 seconds easy sets as much as I could. After 6km that began to fall apart so just went hard until it hurt then easy till I recovered and repeated that for the remainder. Set out to do it as fast as I could and felt a small bit pukey through the last 3km so job done!

Had the notion while out on the bike of seeing how far I could run or what it felt like to run off the bike but I bottled that idea and just went for a shower and dinner when I got home.

Tuesday- am swim -

100 warm up
    6x 50 hard
    2x 100 solid
    2x 200 easy
    2x 50 hard
    2x 100 solid
    100 cool down

Pm - training Nice bit of running 10 a side full pitch for 40 mins

Friday: Training
    Sore knee so no bike this weekend other than gentle stuff on the mtb..
    Tuesday: Swim
    1hr 20 minutes doing 50m swims and a few 100's as fast as I could. I'll put some structure on it next time now I have an idea of where I'm at with the faster pace. Tried a few 50m off 1'00 at the very end. 5-8 seconds rest wasn't enough. 50m off 1'10 or 100 off 2'30 would be a good place to start I think. If I can get 10x 50 and 5 x 100 in those times it would be a good session.. Started doing the odd tumble turn last week but they need work, more youtube!.. I'm thinking doing one fast session of 50's and 100's and a longer swim session of 2/3/400's every week should get things moving again.

• Advertisement

Wed 13th. Training
    Thu: 3/4 match
    Fri: swim 2x250
    Mon:Training
    Wed: Training
    Sat: swim
    800sw
    400pb
    200sw
    100pb
    50 sw
    50 pb
    100 swim down
    1700m total 1 hr

Sunday: Bike 17km
    200 warm up
    50x4 10 seconds rest
    50x4pb 10 seconds rest
    100x4 alt pb and sw 20 second rest
    50x4 30 second rest
    200 easy

1400m in 50 mins.

Tried to really stick to 10 second breaks for the first time. Tough going! Mad to get going into a bit of running and cycling but want to get the knee a bit better. Just walking and cycling the dog every evening at the moment.

Wednesday: Bike
    Same route as sunday. Speedo I got a few weeks ago is finallly hooked up and working on the bike now so I can see what I'm at.

16.8km
    25.5km/hr average
    39:50

Thurday: Training - After having tuesday off for some reason, a hard session followed. Pressups situps and and running. Not sure how much running I do a week, must be 5km or so :confused:. It will be interesting to see how it will translate to longer straight runs. Hopeing it will help with the strength in the legs getting off the bike.

Friday: Bike 12km average 29.6km/hr, 4k warm down..
    Same little test route again.

Put on some slightly more aero clothing, cleaned the bike, tuned it up another bit. Out of lazyness the tyre pressure for the last run was about 80-85. Felt better on the bike straight away and I set out to try and average 30km/hr over the route with consistant effort. Got it up to 30 at the bottom of the steep hill, 27.5 across the bad road at the top was the lowest it dropped. I felt ok coming back down. Had my first half sketchy moment braking hard at the bottom of the hill to turn left. Back wheel locked and stepped out for a split second. Need to be carefull there in future. Along the flat I had it back up to 29.6 with 3 or 4k to go before the speedo frose.. It is uphill from there so probably would have ended up in the mid 28's if I had of pushed it on. After pressing buttons for a bit with no response I lost interest and just treated it as a warm-down from there. Got a bit of a sweat in anyway. 30 seems a good target for that spin.

2 days decent rest no drink! Supposed to have a match tonight but the other team couldn't field so it was cancelled at lunchtime. Bit annoying but the rest done me good. Pool was closed so decided to go for a run.

Monday: Run 6km - 25 mins. Out to the graveyard on top of the hill and back. Pace felt decent alot of the way out and on and off for about half of the distance back . 1 back to running session complete with jelly legs and a sick stomach out of the way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

let me get this right, you did 6km, some of it uphill, in 25 mins? so roughly 4:10/km pace? or was the 25 mins each way?

mossym wrote: »
    let me get this right, you did 6km, some of it uphill, in 25 mins? so roughly 4:10/km pace? or was the 25 mins each way?

Ye 3km uphill, turnaround and 3km back downhill, gentle gradient. 25 minutes in total :). Nice run on a mix of offroad and tarmac. My shins preferred the grassy parts!

whats your 5k/10k pb?

mossym wrote: »
    whats your 5k/10k pb?

Yesterday was just my fourth run longer than a couple of km so don't really have pbs. Jogged out a 6k and an 8k training for a 10k last summer. I suppose going by yesterday my 5k pb would be 21 minutes or so. Ran that 10k last year in about 47 minutes.

100 warm up

400sw (9:45)
    350pb
    300sw
    250pb
    200sw
    150pb
    100sw
    50pb

Main set 1800m total in 50 mins

100 warm down

Happy with the first time swimming 2k in a 1hr session and also getting the 400 sub 10 minutes, just about!

meant to get back to this earlier. half your thread is about being injured, yet you're running at what would be considered a very fast pace for easy runs. sure fire way to get injured quickly and repeatedly. you may want to do some reading on easy runs before your next run, will help a lot with injuries

Agree 100% mossy. More or less confirmed what I was thinking myself the last week. Calf was very sore all last week.

Thursday: Swim 1 hour, short distance and short breaks.

Saturday: Training in the evening

Sunday: 5k light cycle on mtb

Tuesday: Training

Advertisement