Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved into house - old account still active

Options
  • 05-04-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hi 

I have recently bought and moved into a house where the previous owner had eir broadband but he has not cancelled his account so the line is still active with him.

I phoned Eir back in March and sent in a letter to cancellation department as I was instructed on the phone. This letter was sent on the 22nd March with proof that I own the property but did not hear anything back via phone or email or in the post. 

I rang yesterday (4th April) and whilst the person I spoke to was helpful he said my letter had not been received and that nothing was noted on the account and he told me to email proofofaddress@eir.ie which I did on the 4th April.

I appreciate its only 1 day but please can you let me know what the timetable of getting the line released will be.

I have spoken to comreg who told me that there should be nothing stopping you releasing the line so please can you action this asap as I am worried that this is going to continue on and at present I cant purchase any product from any provider and I know I will then have to wait a number of weeks for installation to taken place once I have placed my order.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Hi 

I have recently bought and moved into a house where the previous owner had eir broadband but he has not cancelled his account so the line is still active with him.

I phoned Eir back in March and sent in a letter to cancellation department as I was instructed on the phone. This letter was sent on the 22nd March with proof that I own the property but did not hear anything back via phone or email or in the post. 

I rang yesterday (4th April) and whilst the person I spoke to was helpful he said my letter had not been received and that nothing was noted on the account and he told me to email proofofaddress@eir.ie which I did on the 4th April.

I appreciate its only 1 day but please can you let me know what the timetable of getting the line released will be.

I have spoken to comreg who told me that there should be nothing stopping you releasing the line so please can you action this asap as I am worried that this is going to continue on and at present I cant purchase any product from any provider and I know I will then have to wait a number of weeks for installation to taken place once I have placed my order.

Thanks!
    Hi mugsymugsy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear your original request was not actioned and sincere apologies for the inconvenience it has caused you. 

Can you PM me the address details and I will follow this up.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

thanks PM sent!

thanks PM sent!
    Thanks mugsymugsy, :)

-Pamela 

Let me know if you need me to send through details directly to you via PM or email

Let me know if you need me to send through details directly to you via PM or email
    PM is fine mugsymugsy, I'll be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

PM sent back with details requested.

PM sent back with details requested.
    Thanks mugsymugsy,

-Pamela 

Advertisement