Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to Cuba

Options
  • 05-04-2016 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi, I am a Bank of Ireland Customer and I am travelling to Cuba next month. I'm wondering if it is possible to withdraw money using a BOI visa debit card there, and if so what charges would apply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi, I am a Bank of Ireland Customer and I am travelling to Cuba next month. I'm wondering if it is possible to withdraw money using a BOI visa debit card there, and if so what charges would apply?
    Good Afternoon haveabanana, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie 

Certain countries such as Cuba can be restricted and may result in reduced ATM limits which would be €100 per day. You can use points of sale to pay for goods and services. The charges would be as follows: 

3.5% for ATM withdrawals to a max of €11.43 per transaction
    2% for points of sale to a maximum of €11.43 per transaction 

Please advise us in advance of your plans to travel by sending a message through the Online Service Desk, if you are travelling with a credit card, you can also advise of travel here. This is located on your 365 Online profile.

Please let us know if you have any further queries, and we wish you a safe and pleasant trip thanks.

Evie  

Advertisement